One prominent expat's view of our 'expert' economic forecasts

whoever he is his, he must be demented to take such bizarre opinions (as outlined in the OP) seriously

but not as demented as anyone who actually thinks / says such things

Demented would be his nemesis, 'John Galt'. I wont list his real name here, as I've never been entirely convinced that anything about the guy is 100% real other than the bile he aimed at Stickman. It's not hard to find the details for both men, but it was their very public battle that drove home to me the dangers of making yourself a potential target online.

We can denigrate Stickman till the cows come home, but every once in a while I think he hits the nail on the head - no shortage of threads detailing the imminent collapse of the Thai economy on TV.

I don't know Stickman nor do I follow him but his rant is broad-brush crap.

Yes, there are posts that forecast that Thailand is heading for a crash - amateur fortune-tellers - and a few that even wish for it but the majority that post are targeting the BIB (justifiably), Thaksin, PTP, politics in general and crimes.

Like many others I don't wish for a collapse but I do see an awful lot wrong with politics here and the huge amounts of money that is spent wastefully on vote-buying schemes. Likewise I feel that the current protests are justified after the failure of an arrogant (to put it mildly) attempt to force through an amnesty and self-serving constitutional change.

This is my opinion and it is for the benefit of Thailand. The current crisis is the responsibility of both sides and is just a continuation of the polarisation of the country that started around 10 years ago.

I wonder if the author has any positive opinions on the country himself. It's so easy to knock others here.

I don't know Stickman nor do I follow him but his rant is broad-brush crap.

Yes, there are posts that forecast that Thailand is heading for a crash - amateur fortune-tellers - and a few that even wish for it but the majority that post are targeting the BIB (justifiably), Thaksin, PTP, politics in general and crimes.

Like many others I don't wish for a collapse but I do see an awful lot wrong with politics here and the huge amounts of money that is spent wastefully on vote-buying schemes. Likewise I feel that the current protests are justified after the failure of an arrogant (to put it mildly) attempt to force through an amnesty and self-serving constitutional change.

This is my opinion and it is for the benefit of Thailand. The current crisis is the responsibility of both sides and is just a continuation of the polarisation of the country that started around 10 years ago.

I wonder if the author has any positive opinions on the country himself. It's so easy to knock others here.

I started to assemble links to various threads - the 'THB-GBP' opus is my personal favorite - but I'm going to focus on your question:

I love Thailand and I love (many of) it's people. It's (some) expats I have a problem with. My biggest problem with this forum is the ongoing tendency to play the man and not the ball - I'll leave it there.

I think a lot of us have been waiting (and hoping) for a collapse in housing prices. There's a chance, but so many of the condos were bought with cash and since downpayment is the biggest predictor of foreclosure, it doesn't seem like there will be a huge inventory of distressed condos for westerners to buy.