Changing Visa from O Marriage to O-A Retirement

I have previousely had several O-A Visa's, but somehow on my last application while in my Country I got a O Marriage Visa (I do have a valid Thai Wife and Marriage).

My current O Marriage Visa expires the end of December this year.

I am currently traveling on Holiday in the Pattaya area and will not be back to my home residence until after my current Visa Expires.

The Wife is not traveling with me and is home taking care of her ailing elderly Mother.

I was unable to get the Embassy Income verification letter from the Chiang Mai Consulate. I checked on-line for Consulate appointments as of last month and NO Appointments were available from the last weeks of November thru the New Year.

I did travel to the Embassy in Bangkok and got a current Income Verification while on my way to the Pattaya area.

I was unable to apply for the visa extension prior to leaving on Holiday.

I have all the required Documents (Marriage Certificate, Current Kor Ror 2, Copy of Wife's ID card etc). But the Wife is not with me, and I am not at our house, but instead, staying on Holiday at a address in Pattaya

However; I wish to just change status to a O-A Retired Visa (less hastles). I have more than enough retirement income to meet the requirements.

How and Can I change my Visa to a O-A Retirement Visa at Jomtien instead of a Visa Extension of the O Marriage Visa ?

I do understand I must use a Pattaya area Residence, and not my usual Home in Thailand address.

You do not apply for an O-A visa, you simply now apply for an extension of stay based on retirement and show the income verification letter as well as proof of address, as that will determine if you can use that immigraiton office or not.

An extension of stay based upon retirement is not a OA visa.

You will need proof of address for Pattaya. Just a hotel receipt or such will not be enough.

I do have proof of address from an apartment.

I am slightly confused now as to the Extension of Stay response from ubonjoe.

Just clarifying that I should apply for an Extension of Stay based on Retirement ?

So it does not matter if the Visa was an O or an O-A ?