PM Yingluck turns down call for resignation

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well on the other hand she has been elected ...so why resign now ?

Elected by whom?

the majority, thats called democracy

im fed up with people confusing what happens here with democracy. There is nothing great about buying votes and elections and calling it democracy and then having a totally corrupt puppet PM and cronies bent on pillaging tHailand purely and only for their won gain.

If this is democracy then id rather have Army or anything than this one man megalomanic turn Thailand into his own feudal one party police state

Id prefer to take my chances with Suphet or anything or anyone else than suffer Taksin and his clan and cronies any longer and just pray that is possible irrespective of how brainwashed bought or otherwise shat upon the poor vote for them

It's called free speech, something that will disappear if the nasty little bunch of fascists whose views you so enthusiastically endorse get their way.

Incidentally, are you the same chap who used to post under another name ( can't remember what it was, came from Chiang Mai if recall), all about how you were only staying in Thailand long enough to get your money out, because we were all doomed because Thaksin was coming back? You seem to have the same edge of panic and hyperbole in your posts, coupled with a vaguely familiar conviction that the Thais are not to be trusted with electing their own governments, and a firm belief that anyone who does not mirror your views is an evil idiot! Just wondering....

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

Yingluck's corruption is just as illegal as Suthep's and all the other Thai, and other countries', politicians.

But if the Thai people choose to elect her party again, she has the right to be Prime Minister.

Far more corrupt, IMO, are those calling for the election to be postponed and a non-democratic junta put in place.

As far as I know she has not been convicted for any corruption charges, sure her brother has but that does not make her guilty.

If all the other side has to offer is guilt by association or that she is a puppet (which I have never seen any proof) they have no chance of winning a election ever! There only platform seems to be tell lives often enough all the time and sooner or later you will get a few people to believe.

She hasn't been convicted on any charges, despite clear evidence of law-breaking, starting with her committing perjury. Which is the whole point of the protests - it doesn't matter how rich, powerful or popular you are, you shouldn't be above the law. Being elected is not a licence to ride rough-shod over the rest of the electorate, or to make laws to benefit your family, or to continue inept and catastrophically expensive policies to pander to your voter base and fill the pockets of you and your cronies.

I am not a fan of either, but I will choose an elected offical over a dictator any day of the week and I highly dobt if they had clear evidence that she would still be in office, they countrol the courts and hate her dearly. Also pandering to your voter base is not uncommon that is done world wide, you always try and help the people that support you and typically all governments are inept as well.

If Thailand continues to allow cuops they will always remain a 3rd world country and make very little progress towards all the things you so dispiss, wont matter who is in office.

• Like 1

Its as undemocratic as giving all the sheep a vote in new Zealand

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They did give sheep the vote in new Zealand. It was...shear madness, I...herd

tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png pagespeed_url_hash=3761137055 width=20 height=20>

I heard that they were flocking to the polls ?

And legislation was rammed through ?

And the former flock-leader went on-the-lamb ?

But I guess ewe know whether that's so already ? facepalm.gif

Sorry, too much Christmas spirit, this morning. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

However she refused to say whether she will run as the top ticket of the Phua Thai Party again, stating that there is still plenty of time to decide.

Is that perhaps something new ?

Wasn't it definitely announced, on the evening of the day when PM-Yingluck announced the dissolution of Parliament, that she would be number-1 on PTP's party-list ?

Interesting if, as the OP appears to suggest, she herself is not necessarily wanting to be number-1/PM again ?

edit to add, just spotted this thread from yesterday, where PTP's party leader Charupon Ruuangsupan says that she is still their number-1 choice.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/689778-yingluck-remains-no-1-party-list-candidate/

Perhaps they should talk to each other ?

Edited by Ricardo

She is there for her DNA. Not her political experience and that's not democratic.

Find me another PM in the whole world in such a situation

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you are acting silly. How she got to lead PT is inconsequential. What matters is that she did run and PT did receive 265 seats in parliament, it doesn't get more democratic, since the Thai electorate gave PT these seats, knowing full well how and why she ran.

I think there are some neurons missing in your logic.

She is there because PTP belongs to Thaksin and due to his crimes he is unable to take a seat at the head trough so he sends his kin in. Sam with Somchai

• Like 1

It's called free speech, something that will disappear if the nasty little bunch of fascists whose views you so enthusiastically endorse get their way.

Incidentally, are you the same chap who used to post under another name ( can't remember what it was, came from Chiang Mai if recall), all about how you were only staying in Thailand long enough to get your money out, because we were all doomed because Thaksin was coming back? You seem to have the same edge of panic and hyperbole in your posts, coupled with a vaguely familiar conviction that the Thais are not to be trusted with electing their own governments, and a firm belief that anyone who does not mirror your views is an evil idiot! Just wondering....

Correct Jag. Except that he has posted under three other names, this is his fourth. Three bans in a couple of weeks, and still here spouting his nonsense. Certainly persistent!

Just a reminder to our yellow shirted friends that Suthep was model politician in his years in government.

In1995, as part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surat Thani constituency a month before a no-confidence debate and called on his supporters to march on Bangkok in the hundreds of thousands to defend his reputation.The scandal led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpaiof the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no-confidence debate. In subsequent elections, Thai Nation Party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government.

In 2009, Suthep was accused of violating the Constituion of Thailand by holding equity in a media firm that had received concessions from the government. Under the 1997 Constitution of Thailand, which Suthep had supported, Members of Parliament are banned from holding stakes in companies which have received government concessions. In July 2009, the Election Commission announced that it would seek a ruling by the Constitutional Court to disqualify Suthep.

Suthep held a press conference a day later, announcing his decision to resign from Parliament. Suthep's resignation as an MP did not affect his status as a Deputy Prime Minister and as a Cabinet member. If his case had been submitted to the Constitution Court, he would have been suspended from duty as Deputy Prime Minister. He insisted his resignation was not a proof that he had done anything wrong but that he was worried about status as Deputy Prime Minister.

Perhaps, our yellow buddies may like to list the inappropriate behaviour(s) of PM Yingluck Shiniwatra, as I cant find anything on Wikipedia.

YOUR LAST SENTENCE SAYS IT ALL!!!! SHE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING FOR THAILAND!!!! PERIOD