AED use by non-Thai doctors not illegal in Thailand.

NomadJoe

Truth be told, i'd rather use CPR only since I wouldn't know how long ago the aed had been serviced..

think it's better to break his ribs then to electrocute the bugger

Sent from my Nokia 8810 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by desmondspencer

Truth be told, i'd rather use CPR only since I wouldn't know how long ago the aed had been serviced..

think it's better to break his ribs then to electrocute the bugger

Sent from my Nokia 8810 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Zoll AEDs have an Ready For Use indicator in the top corner with a big green check mark.The batteries and pads are good for 5 years or 300+ shocks. You will see this units more and more in the near future. They also provide correct CPR instructions for depth of compressions as well as the correct rate with audio prompts.

While only 50% of collapsed patients are in a shockable rhythm when an AED is applied, 100% of those patients need proper CPR. This is why Zoll has included RealCPR help in all of their products.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the AED's installed at Central department in Phuket.

They are hanging on the walls but the cabinets are locked and can only be opened with a key. whistling.gif

Yes you have a AED but can't reach it, Thai logic in think or they are afraid that they get stolen or dirty.

Are they not behind breakable glass?

And i have to admit even with a idiot proof guideline most Thai's would not know how to use it.

They are not really intended to be used by people with no training in them, but rather by people who have gone through an 8 hour CPR/First aid course which includes instruction on AED's. "Layperson" in the above context just means someone who is not in the medical profession.

Can we clear something up here please:

An AED is designed to be used by a by-stander who may or may not have any first aid and/or CPR training.

The AED will guide the user through what to do using audible instructions.

The problem is that fery few Thai people are trained in how to perform CPR.

Chris H

Commercial First Aid Trainer/Assessor (for the largest training organisation in the UK)

AED-1.jpg