Thai girlfriend coming to U.K.

SimonJ

I acted as sponsor so that my Thai girlfriend could obtain a Tourist Visa to visit me in London.

I recently saw her in Bangkok and saw the 6 month Visa stamp in her passport.

It was planned she would visit me this Christmas in London and of course I would be paying for her airfare. I'm now back in London and am constantly getting the answer machine on her telephone, whilst e-mail's go unanswered. I must presume that she may have used my sponsorship to possibly enter the U.K. perhaps to visit another boyfriend. Is there any way I can ascertain whether she has indeed entered the U.K?

Edited by bonobo
Removed bolded font.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you give her money to buy ticket, or did you buy the ticket ?

Since you don't really say anything about dates coz Christmas starts in October here lol ...

did you see tickets , stamp on passport don't mean anything really ..

I f you make a visit to immigration you may find out if she in country or not, if she is they will stop her when she goes back , probably be

blacklisted and have to find a new name n passport for next victim ..

She may of just taken your money n found another sponsor, this is normal ..coffee1.gif

• Like 2

if something happened to her she won't be flying over and v versa if she didn't reply and flew over she's scamming you etc, so maybe just double check and then report her. UK immigration are really tough on thai's who screw up, I know this!

Edited by fish fingers

UK immigration won't 'stop her when she goes back' they won't even know if she's gone back or not. They will know if she's entered the country, but they won't tell you.

As for 'blacklisting' her. No. What they might do, is refuse her next application if they believe that she was dishonest in her first one (if this was her first one), but if she stuck to the terms of the visa, arrived and left when she said she would, there won't really be grounds for that.

All this is assuming that she a) uses the visa at all b ) doesn't overstay and c) applies for another one in the future.

I suppose you could report her to the UKBA saying that she used you as a sponsor and has now stopped contacting you, in the hope that they may refuse her entry to the UK (if she hasn't already arrived) but that doesn't really benefit you in any way.

As someone else asked, aren't you concerned about her welfare?

Sounds like another lesson well and expensively learned.

The chances of the OP ever seeing his so-called girlfriend and his money again are zilch.

Some ways of checking out this girl is her activities online. Try facebook, that may give a clue as to what she`s up to and if he has her email address, mobile phone number and so on, try typing these into Google and see if any information appears about her. That`s about all he can do.

Thank you everyone for your feedback but for the record I have not handed any money over for the airfare. I was going to buy the ticket online so if there were any problems I would get the refund, not her. In the eighteen months I have known her she has never asked me for money.

I don't have any other cellphone numbers for her, just the one, so I cannot ask anyone else as to her whereabouts. Of course she may not necessarily have entered the U.K. she could have gone to visit another boyfriend in another country. Taking everything into account I think I will have to play a waiting game. Only time will tell. However I'm sorry to say it looks like "goodnight" to the relationship!

• Like 1

Going dark on communications after 18 months is a sure sign that someone's "blocking your cock" as it were.

Sounds like she was hedging her bets with the UK visa in case she couldn't secure someone who lives here and/or who could see her more easily.

Many Thai girls don't handle long distance relationships very well and absolutely detest being alone.

As Seal once said, "It's the loneliness that's the killer".

• Like 1

I'm glad you gave an update. So often people don't so you never know what happened in the end.

Its worthwhile getting any future girlfriends Line or Skype ID always handy for chatting and stuff

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Many thanks for your Skype suggestion. She is on Skype... but unfortunately she is not signing in on Skype at all and in fact in all the time I have known her she has very rarely uses this form of communication.

I don't have FaceBook ... but, I remember when theblether once wrote along the lines of ... almost Thais have one (or more) Facebook accounts.

She will be updating her friends through photos of what she does, who she does, where she does it ... even what she's eating, almost on a daily basis.

Most likely ... location problem solved ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Just contact immigration and make a report. They are going to deal with such people accordingly. But also, as it was mentioned above make sure that she really did it before doing anything.

I like this.

The visa can be cancelled.

If she has not entered the UK already, she will be blocked.

• Like 1

I wonder if I should laugh or cry ?

Next sucker to the front of the line please - don't all rush at once !

My sentiments exactly Samaaw, but at least she only used his name, not his ca$h.

I reckon there is a valid reason for her going AWOL.........she's back in the province, because,

a. granny needed an operation,

b. the buffalo was sick,

c. the pickup broke down and she couldn't get to the airport,

d. all of the above!!!

Your first step as sponsor is to notify UK Border Agency or there new name of UK Visa and state that you applied for a visa but been used (don't worry it happens to many of us westerners) Your lucky you did not apply for full settlement, and then they accuse you of marital rape and domestic violence and if you have a child to say you abused your child.

This has been happening frequently and puts a marker on your name so you can never fetch a lady back again.

So it's advisable to contact the Visa Section at the British Embassy in Bangkok and cancel her visa you as sponsor have the ability to do that.

This way you won't blacklist yourself as a sponsor.

If she has already entered the UK then has her visa is revoked she will be subject to an immediate arrest warrant, on entering the UK as an illegal.

I hope this helps, but your not alone.

• Like 1