Thai girlfriend coming to U.K.

SimonJ

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. It might be that she already has her visa and thats it, you cd try and report her scam to UK Immigration/customs. Just give her name and hopefully she'll be stopped and sent back on the next flight, worth a try.

You should also inform the British embassy in Bangkok - it will stop her doing it again to another sucker.

Seems that a number of posters cannot read, not to mention the inane posts. The OP does not say he has paid for his gf's visa or given her money for the airline ticket.

You are so right!! Ofcourse the OP's GF is one of those rare she is different keepers.giggle.gif

And the reason for him not being able to get in touch with her, is that she is back in the very very rural Thai

village trying to negotiate down the sinsod with her mother. All for the benefit of her hansum man.thumbsup.gif

So on behalf of all the bitter, twisted and cynical old posters here, I sincerly apologize wai2.gif

Who are we to judge true love??

• Like 1

I wonder if I should laugh or cry ?

Next sucker to the front of the line please - don't all rush at once !

It must be so gratifying to have entered this world fully experienced. I bet you're the 'life and soul of the party', or more likely the self opinionated guy everyone tries to avoid !

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your feedback but for the record I have not handed any money over for the airfare. I was going to buy the ticket online so if there were any problems I would get the refund, not her. In the eighteen months I have known her she has never asked me for money.

I don't have any other cellphone numbers for her, just the one, so I cannot ask anyone else as to her whereabouts. Of course she may not necessarily have entered the U.K. she could have gone to visit another boyfriend in another country. Taking everything into account I think I will have to play a waiting game. Only time will tell. However I'm sorry to say it looks like "goodnight" to the relationship!

You seem fairly 'set' on the 'another boyfriend' thing. My first thought would be "is she ok? Is she in hospital?"

What makes you lean towards infidelity rather than worrying about her?

did you give her money to buy ticket, or did you buy the ticket ?

Since you don't really say anything about dates coz Christmas starts in October here lol ...

did you see tickets , stamp on passport don't mean anything really ..

I f you make a visit to immigration you may find out if she in country or not, if she is they will stop her when she goes back , probably be

blacklisted and have to find a new name n passport for next victim ..

She may of just taken your money n found another sponsor, this is normal ..coffee1.gif

Before "falling in love" with a women 30 + years younger do the following. 1. buy a big mirror, 2. with GF in front of you stand in front of the mirror. Use your head and be realistic. The mirror will tell u what to do

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your feedback but for the record I have not handed any money over for the airfare. I was going to buy the ticket online so if there were any problems I would get the refund, not her. In the eighteen months I have known her she has never asked me for money.

I don't have any other cellphone numbers for her, just the one, so I cannot ask anyone else as to her whereabouts. Of course she may not necessarily have entered the U.K. she could have gone to visit another boyfriend in another country. Taking everything into account I think I will have to play a waiting game. Only time will tell. However I'm sorry to say it looks like "goodnight" to the relationship!

You seem fairly 'set' on the 'another boyfriend' thing. My first thought would be "is she ok? Is she in hospital?"

What makes you lean towards infidelity rather than worrying about her?

Agreed. We need to know more about the 'relationship' and it's origins.

I wonder if I should laugh or cry ?

Next sucker to the front of the line please - don't all rush at once !

My sentiments exactly Samaaw, but at least she only used his name, not his ca$h.

I reckon there is a valid reason for her going AWOL.........she's back in the province, because,

a. granny needed an operation,

b. the buffalo was sick,

c. the pickup broke down and she couldn't get to the airport,

d. all of the above!!!

I lived for years in TL and came across often, to the point where I chose not to live there anymore. In Cambodia many years now and have never experienced or even heard of anything similar. For the sake of others, I hope Khmer girls don't ever learn these 'skills'. I'm in a long term relationship here and have never been asked for anything, money, visas, gifts, cash for the family etc. I'll put that down to Khmers having had a much harder time than Thais and therefore appreciating decency and kindness when they encounter it. Similarly, in the workplace, 20 Khmer staff, not one lame excuse from any of them on the very rare occasions that they can't come to work, unlike TL where at least one was sick each week.

Having once considered TL to be Valhalla, I can reflect that it appears to have achieved its' aim and become a hub - a hub of BS from Girls, Taxi and Tuk Tuk drivers, provincial officials, immigration officials - 'why don't you f@#k off back to your own country?!', dishing out various forms of grief. All things I, as yet, haven't experienced here.

Khon Thai jai dee? rolleyes.gif - of course there are some, but when the chips are down, they are few and far between.

Could just be that she didn't ever want to go to England as much as you wanted it for her. Perhaps she happily went along with the notion because she didn't want to offend or rock your boat ,but when the crunch came ,she opted out and chose not to deal with any confrontation .

• Like 2

Could just be that she didn't ever want to go to England as much as you wanted it for her. Perhaps she happily went along with the notion because she didn't want to offend or rock your boat ,but when the crunch came ,she opted out and chose not to deal with any confrontation .

I'm with you on this one.

Cold feet and maybe fear after hearing all the stories about girls being forced into prostitution etc.

Edited by mmushr00m

Back in 2000, around Christmas time, I met a 'lady' in Samui. I was there for a month and having a good old time, with her as well! Anyway, after a week or so, there were constant phone calls in which she would have to walk away to speak but not far enough away for me to hear that she was speaking English. The calls continued so in the end I asked, is that your boyfriend? 'No' she replied, just some Austrian guy that had sent her 50k Baht to buy a flight ticket with (she showed me her bank book) and he was coming to sort out a visa for her to visit Austria. Anyway, after many calls, she changed her number and we went up country travelling. Cruel I know but TIT man!

As some posters say, there could me a multitude of reasons as to why she's not playing now but I would like to know more about this girl as it reminds me of some and maybe many others here of 'experiences' with these little darlings.

I would contact immigration in order to have the visa blocked. Simply explain that there has been a dramatic change in the agreement of sponsorship. I doubt very much if she will have used it if she has suddenly gone off the radar.

As the sponsor, immigration should let you now if the visa has already been used and if not you will be left hanging as to whether she has suffered some serious set back which precludes her calling or she has other interests. If you have a friend living here you could ask them to go to her residence and check out the status. Good Luck

Perhaps you should write to UK Immigrations and tell them you have now withdrawn your Financial Guarantee / Sponsorship for any visit.

If she is in the UK they will be sure to tell you so, and probably advise that withdrawal of Sponsorship is not possible now.

She didn't use to work as a cashier in a bar in sukhumvit soi 7/1 did she ?

Saw the girl writing a letter Dear Simon.....My baby is sick and I have no money....

while talking to 2 other 'boyfriends' on facebook and text while trying it on with me before getting a phonecall from another 'boyfriend' and leaving to go and 'see' him ?

Probably needed to go to temple or visit sick aunt in the morning as well.

re: girl said Austrian sent 50k was coming to sort out visa... "Anyway, after many calls, she changed her number and we went up country travelling" Easy to change number back. I would guess "upcountry" could include Bangkok to get that visa and go to Austria (going to Austria falls under "travelling"). Just guessing she said what you hoped to hear. Truth is very low priority here.

Edited by Emdog

Ist In Bangkok their are many agencies that check up on girls so it you are willing to throw some more money at this so you can get the answer this is the best way, but are you prepared for the truth when it comes

2nd Majority of Thai ladies are after a relationship of convience, so always make sure you get from the relationship equal to what you give, so when the big crash comes you can say I at least got my monies worth

3rd while in Thailand remember you are a King, if she walks out she knows 2 more ladies will walk in, but once she is out of Thailand she becomes the Queen and you are just the man of the day till some thing better comes along

4th Never put all your eggs in 1 basket

Just contact immigration and make a report. They are going to deal with such people accordingly. But also, as it was mentioned above make sure that she really did it before doing anything.

Her conditions for being granted a tourist visa are that you would be caring for her on the grounds of being her boyfriend.UK Border control take a very dim view of things such as this and if she hasn't yet activated the entrance visa they will most certainly pin her name when she tries to enter..that's if you notify them!Hope everything is ok and please let us know the outcome with the circumstances!

Before "falling in love" with a women 30 + years younger do the following. 1. buy a big mirror, 2. with GF in front of you stand in front of the mirror. Use your head and be realistic. The mirror will tell u what to do

Well that's wonderful but what's it got to do with the OP's situation? He isn't 30 years older than his girlfriend, is he?

Sounds like many of the posters advocating a report to immigration/blacklisting are speaking from bitter experience with Thai wives and girlfriends visiting or emigrating to their homelands.

First, get over it!

Second, it's highly unlikely the OP's girl is in the UK anyway. Who bought the plane ticket? Even if another guy did pay for her flight, wouldn't she have got him to sponsor the visa?

Far more likely that she's found someone else and has no intention whatsoever to visit England

• Like 1