The thai girl Im seeing at the moment sometimes calls me 'daddy'

advancebooking

I have heard our married Thai and Lao friends and relatives call each other "mom" and "dad" in both their own language and some also in English. It struck me as odd at first but I guess I have heard it often enough that I am not surprised anymore. I'm not talking about Thai or Lao married to foreigners, I mean Thai or Lao married to people of their own nationality. Maybe that has had some affect on her calling you "daddy"?

• Like 1

i had a Thai girlfriend who insisted on calling ne daddy, i found it annoying as i was only 10 years older than her, she new it annoyed me and continued doing it, she seemed surprised when i dumpted her a few months later, even contacted me 3 months later with 'daddy still angry'.

• Like 2

My wife usually calls me darling. I am not sure if I like it or not.She once said that I was her husband, lover, father and friend. So I recon it must be the Thai custom.

Listen VERY carefully next time she calls you that. whistling.gif

Two things to clarify before this general topic proceeds:

1. Im am not a 60 yr old guy with a 20 yr old girl.

2. She is not calling me that when we are bed- that would be weird.

I am in my early 40's and my current thai girl is 27. This age gap according to many psychological studies is ideal- these studies stipulate that a man should half his age and add 7 years for the optimum aged partner.

She is highly educated and her family are middle to upper class.

The first time she called me 'daddy' I was wondering if I should run for the hills but have since learnt from another source that I have to understand that thai women appreciate the man taking on several roles in the relationship... her husband or partner has to be her lover, father, friend etc. Also, a good thai girl takes care of her man as though he were a child, yet loves him to dote on her like a father.

Does anybody relate to this? Have your lady ever called you 'daddy'. Or should I go and buy a new pair of Nike trainers and start running up a hill?

My wife calls me daddy all time now since we had a daughter

Sent from my ST25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Two things to clarify before this general topic proceeds:

1. Im am not a 60 yr old guy with a 20 yr old girl.

2. She is not calling me that when we are bed- that would be weird.

I am in my early 40's and my current thai girl is 27. This age gap according to many psychological studies is ideal- these studies stipulate that a man should half his age and add 7 years for the optimum aged partner.

She is highly educated and her family are middle to upper class.

The first time she called me 'daddy' I was wondering if I should run for the hills but have since learnt from another source that I have to understand that thai women appreciate the man taking on several roles in the relationship... her husband or partner has to be her lover, father, friend etc. Also, a good thai girl takes care of her man as though he were a child, yet loves him to dote on her like a father.

Does anybody relate to this? Have your lady ever called you 'daddy'. Or should I go and buy a new pair of Nike trainers and start running up a hill?

My wife calls me daddy all time now since we had a daughter

Sent from my ST25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

ha ha brilliant - case closed

thread closed ////

The term " Daddy " may draw up some connotations to those that do not understand .

My wife did call me this prior to our marriage , but it does not mean I am an older Gent !

The calling actually is respectful , and to you the OP , you should feel happy with this .

I for one am happy to know that respect is thicker than insincerity , and happy to be a good "Daddy"

• Like 1

Dont forget that when talking about a Thai girls. you divide her age, then divide it again to work out her true intellectual age.

If she has told you she is educated and of middle class, remove 2 more as she actually believes it matters in Thailand.

She calls you papa, because she found out you had to justify a human emotion by finding a formula that some idiot wrote so you can argue that with 60 year olds who are probably more happy than you as they strut with their 20 year olds.

Get a life!

il_340x270.438353405_21ia.jpg

It is a term of endearment and would imply she loves you very much and would like to take the best of care of you, as she would her own Father, but obviously in a different way. Enjoy it and the happiness she will bring to you, I am sure. You will find you are a lucky man and she will take every opportunity to spoil you and take care of you, as many Thai Ladies like to do. I know, I am one of "the spoiled" and love it.wai2.gif

• Like 2

"She is highly educated and her family are middle to upper class. "

All the Thai girls I have met (also at thailovelink) pretend to be rich and have master degree, but if you ask to see the bankbook and diploma from school they get mad at you whistling.gif

Me think, they like to pretend to be rich and famous after watching Thai soap operas clap2.gif