Protesters march in Bangkok in bid to oust PM Yingluck, but turnout low

webfact

" The only thing that'll stop Thaksin is repression of his political base and the curtailment of democracy. That'll be the Council's main business, not the progressive reforms you want to see. I'd suggest to think otherwise is naive, although I hope progressive reform is taken seriously, by the next"

You forget to mention the application of 'rule of law'. As far as I know a criminal fugitive running a government is not the thing to do. That's assuming we're still talking about 'democracy' as we all know and love it.

Pridi is long dead but he still casts a shadow.

Seni was an evil sh.t.

The coup failed. Thaksin is still around. Abroad but his influence remains.

He is free not to return. Free throughout the world as his convictions are seen internationally as purely political.

Real foot in mouth by the elite. The fools.

They ousted Thaksin but not his party. Not the red shirts. Not the electorate.

unfinished business we have here. The only solution for the elites in their eyes is to cauterise the body politic and remove all the principle players from this government. Remove the right to vote and install a puppet government controlled by the elites.

To do this they will have to institute Martial law throughout the north and they are so determined and foolhardy they would risk the possibility of serious public disorder, insurrection, loss of tourism,investment, eventually civil war. To be a pariah in the eyes of the world for what?

Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, even Laos will overtake. For what?

Don't think what happened in Vietnam cannot happen in Thailand.

As for Vietnam, well Ms. Thida and dr. weng had their education there in the 70ties rolleyes.gif

Mind you, those two are from another protester group which is for the caretaker government, have evolved beyond Thaksin and are against a blanket amnesty. Still trying to understand those twists.

Edited by rubl

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was discussing with my family, I learned from them that there was a (in theory) a free medical welfare plan for the poor prior to the 30 baht Scheme, so I did a little research and found out Medical Welfare Scheme which in theory was free but seriously underfunded as the government paid the Hospital 250 baht for each enrolled person, which was inadequate for the 30% of the Thai population that met its income limits, the 30 baht scheme included the 50% of the uninsured Thai population and incorporated the poor in the insurance that covers 80% of the Thai population, this Scheme is funded to 1,200 baht for each resident in the affected province plus 30 baht for each visit.

So you are wrong, medical care that covers the additional 50% of the uninsured Thai population plus the 30% income eligible poor population that are given coverage by the 30 baht plan of Thaskin Shinawatra. that they will not let the rich, take it away from them and their families.

Much like the Republican party shutting down the government holding the people of the US hostage because they opposed Obamacare Universal health insurance.. That is what the rich and the Democrats want to do in Thailand.

It matters not how many marcher march against the government in Bangkok, that happens to be the major supporter stronghold for the Democratic party, The real people of Thailand will not allow it to happen, they have the upper hand as all Yingluck needs to do is not resign until after a election is held.

Cheers

As I was discussing with my family, I learned from them that there was a (in theory) a free medical welfare plan for the poor prior to the 30 baht Scheme, so I did a little research and found out Medical Welfare Scheme which in theory was free but seriously underfunded as the government paid the Hospital 250 baht for each enrolled person, which was inadequate for the 30% of the Thai population that met its income limits, the 30 baht scheme included the 50% of the uninsured Thai population and incorporated the poor in the insurance that covers 80% of the Thai population, this Scheme is funded to 1,200 baht for each resident in the affected province plus 30 baht for each visit.

So you are wrong, medical care that covers the additional 50% of the uninsured Thai population plus the 30% income eligible poor population that are given coverage by the 30 baht plan of Thaskin Shinawatra. that they will not let the rich, take it away from them and their families.

Much like the Republican party shutting down the government holding the people of the US hostage because they opposed Obamacare Universal health insurance.. That is what the rich and the Democrats want to do in Thailand.

It matters not how many marcher march against the government in Bangkok, that happens to be the major supporter stronghold for the Democratic party, The real people of Thailand will not allow it to happen, they have the upper hand as all Yingluck needs to do is not resign until after a election is held.

Cheers

What makes you think the Democrats will take away the 30 baht healthcare? It was actually free until the Yingluck government started charging for it again.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

What makes you think the Democrats will take away the 30 baht healthcare? It was actually free until the Yingluck government started charging for it again.

His family discussion didn't include that fundamental truth so how would he know?