Corruption effecting my family

seajae

sorry it all sounds a bit fishy to me,

you come on here, only tell half the story, wanting to know what to do,

your saying you cant tell all thats going on,

so why start the thread at all,??

and if it all was true i would stay out of it, ok for some to say go and knock him out, youve been in thailand long enough to no you dont go doing that, you could get shot,

but you no that,

tell her to leave the job and just get on with your flowers,

jake

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Seajae,

your final response spot on.. but at least u savvy enough to expect the range of responses..... it's why many don't even ask... or post. But you did get some good advice too which was a win.

Great that it turned out the way it did.

And yes, I have a good one too, like you.

Merry Christmas.

We had good news this morning from the head of the company, they are taking over the problems here so that my wife is no longer involved, they had major talks with the govt agency yesterday after talking to my wife and have resolved it.

That's great news!

All it took was a post or two to TV to get the whole mess resolved. Good work. wink.png

• Like 1

There is a huge office building in BKK for anti-corruption. I have no idea what they do there but the size of it makes me think that loads of people must work there.

This is Thailand though. The only thing her company can do is pay and raise their prices because this guy will probably also do it to her competitors in business.

Around me live loads of Thai with simple government-functions that do not represent for the size of their houses or cars.......

And from what I hear they deal almost exclusively with political corruption, vote rigging, etc. There is little will here to wage any sort of battle against corruption. And that even assumes the authorities have authority. They do not. The law prevents them from having authority. Even if they wanted to use their "authority" to prevent crime and clean up this corruption infested land, they could not. Why? Because the police are compromised. Because the judiciary is compromised. Even when the blue moon arises, and someone is arrested, they are let off by the impotent judges, who give them a 1,000 baht fine, or a suspended sentence, or in the rare case of a conviction, a suspended sentence. So, the Thai authorities have no teeth. The system ensures that. Nobody is afraid of them. The punk thug crime bosses all know they are immune, especially if they have cash. So, what is the solution. Dismantle the present structure, from the bottom up. Will that ever happen? One can only be hopeful. How much courage does it take to stand up and say "this is not working, and I need to do something"? Where is the Anne Hazare of Thailand?

There is a huge office building in BKK for anti-corruption. I have no idea what they do there but the size of it makes me think that loads of people must work there.

This is Thailand though. The only thing her company can do is pay and raise their prices because this guy will probably also do it to her competitors in business.

Around me live loads of Thai with simple government-functions that do not represent for the size of their houses or cars.......

And from what I hear they deal almost exclusively with political corruption, vote rigging, etc. There is little will here to wage any sort of battle against corruption. And that even assumes the authorities have authority. They do not. The law prevents them from having authority. Even if they wanted to use their "authority" to prevent crime and clean up this corruption infested land, they could not. Why? Because the police are compromised. Because the judiciary is compromised. Even when the blue moon arises, and someone is arrested, they are let off by the impotent judges, who give them a 1,000 baht fine, or a suspended sentence, or in the rare case of a conviction, a suspended sentence. So, the Thai authorities have no teeth. The system ensures that. Nobody is afraid of them. The punk thug crime bosses all know they are immune, especially if they have cash. So, what is the solution. Dismantle the present structure, from the bottom up. Will that ever happen? One can only be hopeful. How much courage does it take to stand up and say "this is not working, and I need to do something"? Where is the Anne Hazare of Thailand?

381 Thai people per 100,000 are in jail. How did they all get there? About 250,000 folks in Thai jails. Hmmmm.

381 Thai people per 100,000 are in jail. How did they all get there? About 250,000 folks in Thai jails. Hmmmm.

I cannot claim to be an authority on the Judicial system here. But, it seems that like in the US, if you do not have a lot of money to hire a good attorney, or present persuading "evidence" to a compliant judge, you are potentially doomed. This country does tend to be exceptionally lenient on first time offenders, regardless of how heinous the crime is. And when it comes to crime even remotely connected to graft, corruption and the like, there are virtually no penalties at all, unless you are unlucky enough to be a scapegoat. This is a very soft judicial system, no doubt about that.

Just go and knock him out.. Your wife will find another Job and maybe if you hit him hard enough then it might stop him doing it again..

Yes I like this too, but if you use any violence on him, you can be sure of reprisals. This is very difficult for you, and I wish you all the best in getting it sorted out. Good luck.

hahahaha, knew I would get the usual crap but was hopeful to see some good advice which I did get, thanks to those as it helped. We had good news this morning from the head of the company, they are taking over the problems here so that my wife is no longer involved, they had major talks with the govt agency yesterday after talking to my wife and have resolved it. From some of the answers it is obvious that several of you have no idea what you are talking about, this is a big company and well and truly above board, it is owned by a thai national and been around for many years and there are several other companies dealing in the same field that also are having similar problem. Unfortunately when you have to deal with a couple of different govt depts so you can sell overseas backhanders become major stumbling blocks, especially when every part of thailand has seperate offices that you have to deal with. While some great advice was written, some people cant just help themselves but then that is the nature of TV, the amount of assumptions are astounding but I would like to thank those that actually did offer good advice, I appreciate that very much. As for those that are simply bigots and red necks, you have my sympathy, your lives must be really shitty but I will still wish you all a merry christmaswai2.gif

I know I can be a sarcastic bastard at times(well most of it) but I was worried about my wife, I dont have any contacts in Thailand apart from in here, that I can get information from. My wife takes her job very seriously and is responsible for quite a few workers in various areas, she is also extremely honest, she does her managerial work diligently to see that it is right. This may be something many of you have never experienced but there are many thais out there that are very capable people but that doesnt stop them from being put into awkward positions by their employers. She only has a few years to go till retirement so she doesnt want to have to start again with a new company otherwise she would have left over this. I told her what some people in here suggested and she did follow it through with her employer and it has come off, I am extremely relieved as the pressure she was under is now gone so thanks again to those that gave good info.

Glad you got it sorted out.

If it's that that bad, time to get a new job. Give that corrupt a hole nothing more. If it was my wife coming home in tears regularly it's what probably would happen. Then you don't specify the line of work either....

I agree, if she is being left distraught by this, I would suggest to my wife to resign too.

What would I do? I would secretly record the guy while leading the conversation into him making exact statements about his extortion and threats ... and I would say his name and his position several times during that recording. Later I would call him from a blocked phone and not say anything except to play the key excerpts and nothing with my voice.

Don't know if your wife could pull this off ... but it's what I'd do.

A family friend had some trouble while living in Mexico. His aggressor knew the Tijuana mayor, the friend knew an attorney who was working for the governor of Mexico City. Guess he won as the crook was never seen or heard again.

Be careful!

• Like 1

If it's slinging money for obtaining favouritism on government tenders/contracts unfortunately your wife is nearly as much to blame as he is for demanding the slings...Hope this isn't the case as once you set a precedent you then unwittingly create a monster even though bribes and corruption go hand in hand in Thailand... so much so it's a culture of accepted normality unfortunately!