Fire At Night!

francois

news ...

yesterday night around 2am a restaurant called Beer-House was on fire ...

not much left of it ...

this restaurant changed owner recently as the ex-owner moved to europe ...

the new owner just opened last friday :o

some thoughts for this guy who lost everything in one single night.

francois

I was drinking round the corner when it started - it took me 1 minute 30 seconds to get there with camera in hand ..... the fire brigade beat me to it

Well done the boys in the red trucks :o

Te fire appeared to have started in the kitchen from what I saw before the owner pulled down the roller shutter, which the firemen then had to demolish before they could get in to put out the fire - clever thinking not, by the owner.

at least five fire trucks attended and over 30 firemen, local press were on the scene within 5 minutes, the presence of the farang deputy editor of one news publication being noticeable by his absence - despite living only 4 houses away and being an early to bed type.

Photos available to any publication interested (for a fee)

Gaz

a fire like this this one is too stange to be a real accident ... :o

they had kept the same cook as before, and as many knows, a kitchen after service is ready-clean for the next day, how can a fire start there as it has been cleaned and re-setup for a good restart?

we also have seen in the same street some people being kicked out by the owner, for one reason, they started from nothing in a place ... well.. "not ready" .. and the business ran nicely, and so the owner got it back to rise the price of the rent, from 8,500 up to 12,000 baths a month, nice! isnt'it?

lucky our friends could relocate in the same area and cheaper!

this poor guy just wanted to take back this restaurant running pretty good, even in raining season, kept the same cook, the same menu, just made clean and renovated a bit, and then ... ppfff gone :D

like argus said, be careful ... :D

francois

ps: and S### I lost a nice place I used to go for diner sometime :D