Chiang Mai red-shirts vow support for US Ambassador

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First it was demands that Yingluk stand down and now there are demands that the U.S Abassador be replaced. "gathered in front of the embassy compound to demand a replacement of US Ambassador Kristie Kenney".

Has this Suthep completely lost his marbles when he now thinks he can dictate to the U.S as to who will/will not be their Ambassador.

What next, President Obama to stand down or the united Nations are handed over to him before he will surrender himself to authorities.

Then you have all these yellow shirt nutcases blindly following this lunatic.

This post reflects a very accurate measure of your insanity.

Almost every sentence is conjured up from your imagination.

You have to be very careful, Suthep (or anyone supporting him) may read these defaming accusations you spout without any evidence and you could well find yourself the subject of an arrest warrant under the determining laws.

Suthep still has rights here... You don't. It is not difficult to get a court order to demand your IP address from TV.

if I am that much of a threat to his plan to rule then he can go for it. My highlighted comment was taken straight out of the Nations story.

You may very well think he is the Mesiah sent from above and worship at his feet and good on you that is your right. I still think the guy has lost his marbles and is a total nutcase. He will be rounding up a lot of people across the world who don't agree with him.

Suthep is obviously an aspiring dictator

• Like 1

The US Ambassador simply showed solidarity with the LEGIT Government of Thailands Prime Minister Khun Yingluck.....and why not....whats wrong with that? ...redneck ..HOWLS

Suthep (Khun Thuggi) meanwhile will be casting for the latest edition of the successful international political show "Teletubbies" and insiders report that he is confident on getting the position of La La. to which he is thought to be ideally suited.....Fame at Last.

• Like 1

The US Ambassador simply showed solidarity with the LEGIT Government of Thailands Prime Minister Khun Yingluck.....and why not....whats wrong with that? ...redneck ..HOWLS

Suthep (Khun Thuggi) meanwhile will be casting for the latest edition of the successful international political show "Teletubbies" and insiders report that he is confident on getting the position of La La. to which he is thought to be ideally suited.....Fame at Last.

LEGIT government ??? You could hardly call blatant vote buying and voter intimidation at numerous northern Thai polling booths on Election Day a legitimate elected government. If the Americans respected the rule of law in Thailand then they would assist with the return of the exiled Yingluck brother.

Thailand assists with every Americain request for return of its wanted fugitives. Why doesn’t the USA reciprocate to assist in the same way?

• Like 2

I would expect the American ambassador to take the same view as the caretaker PM. They have a lot in common after all.

Ms. Kenny says and does what her boss abroad tells her to, just like Ms. Yingluck.

Edited by bigbamboo

First it was demands that Yingluk stand down and now there are demands that the U.S Abassador be replaced. "gathered in front of the embassy compound to demand a replacement of US Ambassador Kristie Kenney".

Has this Suthep completely lost his marbles when he now thinks he can dictate to the U.S as to who will/will not be their Ambassador.

What next, President Obama to stand down or the united Nations are handed over to him before he will surrender himself to authorities.

You have to be very careful, Suthep (or anyone supporting him) may read these defaming accusations you spout without any evidence and you could well find yourself the subject of an arrest warrant under the determining laws.

Suthep still has rights here... You don't. It is not difficult to get a court order to demand your IP address from TV.

Hahaha! So Suthep will sue the thousands of people daily "defaming" him on the internet? You have indeed lost your own marbles, and hence are supporting the "marbleless" Suthep. The courts in my country would laugh loud if they received a lawsuit like this, because thai courts have zero jurisdiction here.

Suthep is alienating Thailand's prime ally. Perhaps Suthep will instead turn his head to less democratic and non-interventionist regimes such as China and Russia.

The Democrat party has already made clear it strongly and openly advocates aligning Thailand with Beijing.

LEGIT government ??? You could hardly call blatant vote buying and voter intimidation at numerous northern Thai polling booths on Election Day a legitimate elected government. If the Americans respected the rule of law in Thailand then they would assist with the return of the exiled Yingluck brother.

Thailand assists with every Americain request for return of its wanted fugitives. Why doesn’t the USA reciprocate to assist in the same way?

I believe that if Thaksin was in the U.S and their was a warrant for his arrest in that country along with a formal request from Thailand then the U.S would apprehend him the same as Thailand does for wanted people in Thailand.

Asking the U.S to send a group of mercenaries into Dubai to kidnap and convey Thaksin to Thailand is stretching the boundaries and friendship just a little I think. Just my opinion. Can't blame the U.S for Thaksin.

Geez my area of expertise is U.S bashing and here I find myself defending them.

• Like 2

I believe that if Thaksin was in the U.S and their was a warrant for his arrest in that country along with a formal request from Thailand then the U.S would apprehend him the same as Thailand does for wanted people in Thailand.

Asking the U.S to send a group of mercenaries into Dubai to kidnap and convey Thaksin to Thailand is stretching the boundaries and friendship just a little I think. Just my opinion. Can't blame the U.S for Thaksin.

Geez my area of expertise is U.S bashing and here I find myself defending them.

In part, I recognize the logic behind that, but we all know given the powers of the NSA, America has the capacity to seek and arrest most fugitives unless of course you’ve sought asylum in non-aligned South American embassy or a guest of communist / dictatorship regime.

Edited by MK1

US expresses wish to see peace process in Thailand

BANGKOK, 21 December 2013 (NNT) The US Embassy in Bangkok has confirmed its neutrality towards the Thai political situation while emphasizing its support for a peace dialogue between conflicting parties.

In an interview with the press, US Embassy Spokesman Walter M. Braunohler strongly rejected the anti-government protesters accusation that the US was responding to their movement with bias. The spokesmans denial came after supporters of the Student and People Network for Thailands Reform gathered in front of the embassy compound to demand a replacement of US Ambassador Kristie Kenney.

The group claimed that Mrs Kenney had taken a stance supporting the Yingluck Shinawatra administration which could be deemed as an intervention in Thailands internal affairs.

Mr Braunohler clarified that the US was only hopeful that all factions of Thai people would agree to enter into a peace dialogue and together end their conflicts through democratic means. He said the embassy was well aware of the fact that the current political turmoil was an internal issue that would need to be solved by the Thai people themselves.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-12-21 footer_n.gif

They got caught supporting the Thaksin regime and now they are back peddling, yet with every statement they make, they just bolster the fact that they are in fact interfering with Thai internal affairs.

They had better learn once and for all to keep their comments to themselves. This is sod all to do with the USA.

Next time they just might not be so fortunate and could lose that little bit of prime Bangkok land they call America.

Your post was good for a laugh. No actual facts stated...just baseless assumptions. And the part about America possibly losing the embassy! Really had me rolling.

On Thurssday afternoon during the anti-government protest at the US Embassy I was on Wireless Road.

The Main Protest Speaker wisely announced "WARNING ! The Fences are Electrified ! and told Protesters to not to attempt to storm the US Embassy.

(Suthep went to School in the USA at a University there. He knows the US would not tolerate anyone attmpting to Storm a US Embassy.) Especially after Bengazi, Libia last year.

The Embassy is guarded by US Military inside, and the Embassies are constructed to defy Intrusion.

In the end; the Protesters made their point, and the US Ambassador clarified not taking any sides in Thai Politics and made an updated statement.

Informational: Many Countries made statements recently supporting Democracy to End the Thai Political Conflicts. The US was not alone making such statements..........

• Like 1

Why do the Yanks not keep their noses out of other peoples business - they have caused enough damage and suffering in this part of the world already

It's the job of a foreign office and diplomats to convey sentiments from their country.

The caretaker Foreign Minister claims to have 50 letters from various countries supporting the elections, Of course, he doesn't reveal what they all actually say, because he wants to spin it to emphasize and suggest what he wants.

The USA have acted intelligently and carefully worded their statements to support democracy, peace, the right of lawful protest and be most careful not to show any bias or say anything that can be construed as favoring one party.

Ambassador Kenny, like all ambassadors delivers the messages on behalf of her government, and doesn't make them up as she goes along.

• Like 1

Hahaha! So Suthep will sue the thousands of people daily "defaming" him on the internet? You have indeed lost your own marbles, and hence are supporting the "marbleless" Suthep. The courts in my country would laugh loud if they received a lawsuit like this, because thai courts have zero jurisdiction here.

Suthep is alienating Thailand's prime ally. Perhaps Suthep will instead turn his head to less democratic and non-interventionist regimes such as China and Russia.

The Democrat party has already made clear it strongly and openly advocates aligning Thailand with Beijing.

Wow - the Republicans will have a field day with that one ! facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

It would seem as if the people who made comments missed something important. How could anybody protest outside of the U.S.A. Embassy when it is not there. According to the last line of the first paragraph, "... and marched to the US Embassy, which was located on Wireless Road." If the Embassy does not exist how could there have been a protest outside it, or was it moved after the protest but the rest of the world has not been so informed? Just a thought.

Your post is starting to throw doubts on your sanity.

You would appear to be adopting the threatening, bombastic rhetoric of your Dear Leader. I bet you wish this really was North Korea, where you could just drag anybody who disagreed with you out the back door and shoot them.

• Like 2

Wow - the Republicans will have a field day with that one ! facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

I got you for sure but you need to catch a few yourself so grab a glove and go out there and I'll hit you a few.

My formal political affiliation in the United States is with the Democratic Party.

Members of the Republican Party in the US like to call it the "Democrat Party." It's their weird little thing, about trying to change the name of the opposite party for us unsolicited.

Abhisit's political party in Thailand is the Democrat Party (Chuan Leekpai's party, actually).

So I see you took the Republican Party's bait. (Hell, you may even be one yourself and still not know the honest difference in the names. Or maybe not.)

And yes, the Democrat party is chock full of Sino-Thais.

Suthep's appointed council is basically the same scheme with some revisions as is Beijing's system of government in Hong Kong since the UK returned it to the CCP-PRC in 1997.

However, even the Beijing scheme in HKG only limits and restricts democracy there, rather severely, yes, but it doesn't abolish it outright as the Democrat Party and others would do to Thailand.

Thailand, the hub of madness.

smile.png

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

US expresses wish to see peace process in Thailand

BANGKOK, 21 December 2013 (NNT) The US Embassy in Bangkok has confirmed its neutrality towards the Thai political situation while emphasizing its support for a peace dialogue between conflicting parties.

In an interview with the press, US Embassy Spokesman Walter M. Braunohler strongly rejected the anti-government protesters accusation that the US was responding to their movement with bias. The spokesmans denial came after supporters of the Student and People Network for Thailands Reform gathered in front of the embassy compound to demand a replacement of US Ambassador Kristie Kenney.

The group claimed that Mrs Kenney had taken a stance supporting the Yingluck Shinawatra administration which could be deemed as an intervention in Thailands internal affairs.

Mr Braunohler clarified that the US was only hopeful that all factions of Thai people would agree to enter into a peace dialogue and together end their conflicts through democratic means. He said the embassy was well aware of the fact that the current political turmoil was an internal issue that would need to be solved by the Thai people themselves.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-12-21 footer_n.gif

They got caught supporting the Thaksin regime and now they are back peddling, yet with every statement they make, they just bolster the fact that they are in fact interfering with Thai internal affairs.

They had better learn once and for all to keep their comments to themselves. This is sod all to do with the USA.

Next time they just might not be so fortunate and could lose that little bit of prime Bangkok land they call America.

Your post was good for a laugh. No actual facts stated...just baseless assumptions. And the part about America possibly losing the embassy! Really had me rolling.

Blow it off at your peril... You think the Thai students won't storm this embassy? You are very wrong.

Piss them off enough and they will take it over, they took over their own ministries and Government house, you think they are afraid to take this place too?

Never doubt the Thai people.

What was I saying about your sanity?

Do you really think that this government, the police and the World will stand by and watch a mob of students sieze the US embassy and do nothing about it? Last time the students acted like the paid thugs they are, the police sent them on their way with tear-gas, water cannon and rubber bullets. Then, of course, there are the US marines who will protect their embassy rather more forcefully.

As you have lambasted Chooka for posting incorrect facts, please note that these students never "took over" Govt. House, it was manned by the army who opened the doors and invited people to walk round the grounds.

All in all, you really are beginning to sound like one of Hitler's brown shirts.

• Like 1

The US embassy in Thailand is in act supporting the Thaksin regime and have been doing so for many years.

As the wikileak postings showed, yeah right. The US Ambassador Boyce and Thaksin were real buddies.................

• Like 1

Can't US politicians stay out of others business? This is why America is in so much turmoil in the World theater. And not in a positive light either.

Oh?? But who do they call when they need help?? and they just Love our $$$ we donate to worthy causes - I would be willing to bet a beer or two that from where ever you are from the USA has helped on one occasion or another in history..............she made a simple statement, read into it for whats its worth.wai2.gif

@ the id E Ot that said the Thai students will storm the US Embassy?? - Well, Good Luck with that let me know how that works out for ya.coffee1.gif

Yes I am an American living in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u

The US embassy in Thailand is in act supporting the Thaksin regime and have been doing so for many years.

Why wouldn't they, he is the Ultimate Capitalist and was Democratically Elected........thumbsup.gif

You're confusing "capitalist" with "gangster". Both can & certainly have been elected now & again by majorities of voters.