Expats' view on political chaos in Thailand

webfact

For me, as a Thai, I would like to the see the old and wise farangs (expats) provide their extensive knowledge about what democracy really is to Thai people. It's not true that just because you don't have a right to vote, you can't change anything. And by promoting the correct idea of how liberty and freedom could be the result of democracy, you'd be doing yourself lots of goods in the long run. No more stupid idea like foreign business act, which doesn't really work because the use of nominee. You can own lands or any piece of properties with your name on it.

Edited by txp158
  • Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farang don't even have the right to vote.

So are you saying the foreigners in your country CAN vote.....?

If they become citizens , YES ! But how does one become a citizen of Thailand, its just about impossible.

Possible - I know of 4 expats that became Thai citizens.

Not that difficult. Learn how to read and write Thai. Mary a Thai and take her name. Be in Thailand for twenty years, pay your taxes over the past 20 years, no tourists visas between and you might have a good chance of becoming a Thai citizen. It's actually not that difficult. I can do it but I don't want to loose my German passport for international travel. If my government in Germany would allow dual citizenship I will apply right away.

Just don't tell your government in Germany.

• Like 1

America, we got the constitution in 1787 - 81 years later we were facing civil war. That gives you some idea of an advancement."

And 45 years later, they enacted the biggest Ponzi scheme the world has ever seen.

• Like 1

For me, as a Thai, I would like to the see the old and wise farangs (expats) provide their extensive knowledge about what democracy really is to Thai people. It's not true that just because you don't have a right to vote, you can't change anything. And by promoting the correct idea of how liberty and freedom could be the result of democracy, you'd be doing yourself lots of goods in the long run. No more stupid idea like foreign business act, which doesn't really work because the use of nominee. You can own lands or any piece of properties with your name on it.

No Thais I know have any interest in politics. They vote for whoever pays them and that's it.

No Thais I know have any interest in politics. They vote for whoever pays them and that's it.

You are entitled to your opinion and things that you say tell something about the kind of person you are. 555