Show Me The Way

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just re-read the answers to this post and I'm pleasently surprized that they are almost all of them giving good measured advice - Perhaps because many are answering on the back of hard earned experience.

If the OP chooses to ignore that advice, that is the OP's joice, but the advice is good.

If on the other hand the OP is trolling in a wind up of TV and TV Members then I can't see he's done anything but demonstrate the quality of advice and the readiness of TV members to offer good advice to a new member.

What ever.

My best wishes to the OP, I hope he takes the advice he's been given, if not and either way I hope things work out.

I'm done on this one.

If on the other hand the OP is trolling in a wind up of TV and TV Members then I can't see he's done anything but demonstrate the quality of advice and the readiness of TV members to offer good advice to a new member.

And added a few more pages of content to the site, few more pages for the search engines to index, few more pages for ads, excellent work really. You gotta love these trolls that think they are damaging the forum but actually helping it grow bigger. :D

Cue the "Whats a Troll?" question for the OP. :o

Jump on a plane and spend some time with her.

Resist all temptation to be overly generous with money to her or her family and friends.

Be as sensible with money as you would be at home.

Be yourself.

Take it slowly and be objective.

Go home and think about it.

Keep all documentation,incl date stamped photos,letters,western unions if you must.

This will help you get her a visa.

Make a decision on whether you truly can live in thailand.

You are not alone.its just some of the old krustys on this forum all have seen the dark side of these kind of relationships.

Its not just thai women either...I have a friend that went a long way down the track with this kind of thing with a russian gal ,until the day before she was meant to fly to his country he was hit for 5k usd.

Guys,

Thank you so much for the responce i have got so far..I need to change the name of the thread to "Going to get married in oct what to do" I can't do anything other then go there and marry this lady..Not for her i might of put that gun to my head (NO BS) She has been there for me in her on way..I know she is a good clean women because of my talks with her..Infact call me a idiot i sent her $500 Western union days ago and she has yet to pick up the funds..I sent her that money for the hel_l of it..I sent it to her to show her i am sincere in my wants to marry her..I as i have said i am a sad person and she is the best thing that life has to offer to me..So with that said "Show me the way brothers" Help me learn things i might need to know if i do infact wind up living in Thailand..I can live there or here in the states..Just not sure if i want to live in Thailand..No going to Hollypark, and Vegas..No going so many places i like to go..WOULD I WIND UP SHOOTING MYSELF THERE BEING SO BORED..Who know! I was thinking heck i can marry this doll and live in Thailand 1 month every 6 months..she is ok with whatever works..I can't go into this scared and with a 3 feet back atitude..I am going there full steam and can only hope this works out..I have enough coin to give her $300 a month for her family, and can provide her with home and more in Thailand for us if we rent a place..I am just looking for idea guys on what is the best way to plan my life after i marry this women..

Thanks you guys are great and i hope to become freinds with some of you guys and meet in Oct..Make sure you have alot of tissues for me..

Dave

snoophound, and everyone

Thanks for the great post..I am going to look into this like this.This gal will treat me like gold for 4 weeks and earn my love..I am looking at this like a major holiday..I think even if there is nothing there with this gal i should have a great time (I hope)In Thailand in Oct..So lets not look at me stupid and maybe look at me wanted a great holiday for 4 weeks and maybe more down the road..Sure i don't love this gal yet..I say yet because i very much could wind up loving her..Time will tell..I am going to hang here post with you guys..Learn with you guys and have a few warm beers in Thailand with some of you guys..So its all good brothers!

Thailand is well known (notorious???) for stories and situations like the one outlined on this thread. Yet each time someone does post seeking answers and advice someone always presumes its a troll!!

You dont have to spend many nights in BKK to meet lots of trolls!!

Thailand is well known (notorious???) for stories and situations like the one outlined on this thread. Yet each time someone does post seeking answers and advice someone always presumes its a troll!!

You dont have to spend many nights in BKK to meet lots of trolls!!

Quite true.

But dont forget everyone was a newbie once and asking questions that look like trolls.

Bottom line is sure this forum gets lots of questions like this.

Why??Because the main reason Men go to Thailand is for the Women!!! cmon guys admit it!!!

I dont think its fair to assume every posting like this is a troll.

The good news is invariably some gems of advice get posted amongst the sug knowall crap and thats what Forums are all about.

snoophound, and everyone

Thanks for the great post..I am going to look into this like this.This gal will treat me like gold for 4 weeks and earn my love..I am looking at this like a major holiday..I think even if there is nothing there with this gal i should have a great time (I hope)In Thailand in Oct..So lets not look at me stupid and maybe look at me wanted a great holiday for 4 weeks and maybe more down the road..Sure i don't love this gal yet..I say yet because i very much could wind up loving her..Time will tell..I am going to hang here post with you guys..Learn with you guys and have a few warm beers in Thailand with some of you guys..So its all good brothers!

Your earlier quote:

I need to change the name of the thread to "Going to get married in oct what to do" I can't do anything other then go there and marry this lady.

Go to Thailand and have a great time. That makes a lot more sense. Meet with the lady and see what happens. Postpone any plans for marriage in October (as you stated) until you both get better acquainted. Meeting via Match.com and emailing over a period of five months without ever having met in person might not really be what you would call getting to know someone well enough to start thinking about marriage, other than 'getting married' for the night.

I believe you stated she is a nurse. Keep in mind that she might not be able to take a month off from work to spend all her time with you. Where do you plan to stay? A hotel or guesthouse? Her home? The former is probably a better idea for now. The latter could present a few problems.

There are a number of other things you should learn first. Learn a littlle of the language. Learn about the customs. Thailand is a great place with a lot of great people, but it isn't the same as the USA. Get to know more about the country and the people.

If you're sending her $300 per month, for Pete's sake, knock it off! All that does is make you look like a bank account and a fool. Believe me, if you keep that up, her entire family will be expecting it to keep rolling in on a regular basis. She already has a job. You don't need to prove anything by sending money.

Just go there and plan on having fun. If things don't seem to work out as you imagine right now, have a back up plan to visit some other parts of the country.

Edited by AmeriThai

Infact call me a idiot i sent her $500 Western union days ago

Ok, you're an idiot, and if you plan on sending a Thai girl, sight unseen, $300 a month you will get the <deleted> of the year award.

Start thinking with the big head.

That is, if you're not a Troll.

PS don't forget to bring a parachute to Thailand....... you will need it! :o

With all that said i am going to marry this lady
"Going to get married in oct what to do"

I can't do anything other then go there and marry this lady..Not for her i might of put that gun to my head (NO BS)

WOULD I WIND UP SHOOTING MYSELF THERE BEING SO BORED..Who know! I was thinking heck i can marry this doll and live in Thailand

I waS READY TO PULL THE TRINGER ON MY GUN I SWEAR MAN..

Then this sweet nice women talks to me and looks at me with such excitement..

I then fall in love and don't want to kill myself anymore

This gal will treat me like gold for 4 weeks and earn my love

Sure i don't love this gal yet

With all due respect, your 4 weeks would be much better spent with mental health professionals.

Also, please refrain from throwing around the "S" word so frequently and casually.... it is against forum rules (I realize you're a brand new TV member for just the past 24 hours or so, but please click on the link near the top of the screen and read them before any further posting.

Thank you.

Once your counselling has progressed significantly, feel free to ask you doctor if it's ok to come and visit Thailand. In the meantime, best of luck in receiving the proper treatment that you are in such obvious need of.

sriracha john,

Dude <deleted> is your problem? Have i showed anyone in this forum any disrespect as you have displayed? I ask a few ?? and got many good replys back..I have a much more open mind about my plans now..YOU JEALOUS I CAN PISS $500 OFF TO SOMEONE WHO NEEDS IT? Dude its you that must seek help getting all wacko here...

Everyone else thanks!! I have made a few friends here on this site and a few people i rather not befriend..

Dave

sriracha john,

Dude <deleted> is your problem? Have i showed anyone in this forum any disrespect as you have displayed? I ask a few ?? and got many good replys back..I have a much more open mind about my plans now..YOU JEALOUS I CAN PISS $500 OFF TO SOMEONE WHO NEEDS IT? Dude its you that must seek help getting all wacko here...

Everyone else thanks!! I have made a few friends here on this site and a few people i rather not befriend..

Dave

Dave,

I really, really, really need $500 for a new birdcage.

I'll pm you my address, ok?

Please dont send any more money here, you perpetuate the myth that farangs are stupid with money and that they are an easy mark.

That makes it hard on the est of us who are here trying to make a real go of things, as opposed to love sick puppies like you.

sriracha john,

Dave

I'm sorry if you took the advice in the wrong manner. It was not meant in any disrespectful manner. It was a genuine appraisal of your state of mind based upon your conflicting and unrealistic posts. My motivations for addressing them are multi-layered.

1. The apparent unresolved grief you have is impeding your level of functioning.

2. Your plans are highly ambigious and lack both reasoning and logic.

3. Your difficulties CAN be helped with proper assistance.

4. It's unsettling to read people's posts regarding suicide who put them in almost each post so easily (probably why it's prohibited on this forum).

5. PCN already has more than enough reports of people in similar circumstances.

6. Your angry last post is a reflection of your current turmoil which apparently you are unable to recognize nor deal with without assistance.

I truly do wish you well... for the moment.. Thailand is not where you should be making your plans.

Thanks John, I do admit i come off like a retard...lol(we all are in regards to women)

Guys, I was a fool yes for sending her coin..But she now knows i am sincere in meeting her and that was the only reason..If life was easy i would marry her and once again be happy..But life is not that easy..If you spent 6 months at match.com emailing american women you would understand where i am at..

Guys ,

Pleasee hear what i am saying..I am a lost cause man..My wife died 3 years ago and i still cry daily over her..I spent 16 hours a day at match.com and got dumped for a tennis racket..I waS READY TO PULL THE TRINGER ON MY GUN I SWEAR MAN..Then this sweet nice women talks to me and looks at me with such excitement..I then fall in love and don't want to kill myself anymore..Sure i might be kidding myself and i might be going about this all wrong..I can tell you i don't give a rats ass about $500 a month if i think she is sincere in me and my wants and her wants..I plan on spending a wonderful month with this babe and if it does not work out then bye bye rich man from usa..if it does work out what to do and where to live..can you guys understand me?

Big Dave

I'm still sure you're a Troll but in any case if just being dumped for a tennis racket makes you want to shoot yourself then no way on earth should you come to Thailand. We're fed up reading about guys who go to shooting ranges and blow their brains out! Like someone else has said, get some treatment, get your life sorted out. You're not even ready for another relationship yet, it wouldn't be fair on the lady if she does exist, let alone yourself! You need a stable life where you are before you embark on any kind of journey especially if it includes marriage. Do yourself a favour and drop all these plans for now. Get some friends and get a life. When you feel happy with yourself and enjoy your life make plans for a holiday maybe, and I did say maybe, to LOS.

If you're not a Troll and still intend coming to Thailand then PLEASE - Stay away from Pattaya, from high-rise buildings, from handcuffs and plastic bags, etc. etc. and you might just get away with only losing your money!! :o:D

monsieurhappy,

Come on brother ! I lost my wife of 23 years and took 3 years to be where i am today..I am not going to kill myself for a women because she wants to sweat playing tennis now..i was going to kill myself over the lost of my wife of 23 years.. and many people can understand that..

So far you/ve had good advice.

You, so far, have chosen to ignore it.

That usually means "troll".

Do you know anyone named Scampi? He gets his pals to post crap like yours......

Try posting in another Thai related forum and wait abt 30 seconds for a response. :o

Guys ,

Pleasee hear what i am saying..I am a lost cause man..My wife died 3 years ago and i still cry daily over her..I spent 16 hours a day at match.com and got dumped for a tennis racket..I waS READY TO PULL THE TRINGER ON MY GUN I SWEAR MAN..Then this sweet nice women talks to me and looks at me with such excitement..I then fall in love and don't want to kill myself anymore..Sure i might be kidding myself and i might be going about this all wrong..I can tell you i don't give a rats ass about $500 a month if i think she is sincere in me and my wants and her wants..I plan on spending a wonderful month with this babe and if it does not work out then bye bye rich man from usa..if it does work out what to do and where to live..can you guys understand me?

Big Dave

moron or troll. I wouuldn't write another word on this mans behalf.

this clown has posted on another thai related forum.

i hope the little thai virgin rips him off for every dollar he's got,this guy is not genuine,he's a two hander.

hi craigknows,you tosser.

I don’t know if this is a troll post or not. I like troll posts in any event but can see why some people don’t like them.

I also see that a good troll post is fun and adds to the popularity and profitability of Thai Visa.

I would like to suggest the creation of a Troll forum.

We could vote and if the majority of the posters in a particular thread thought it was a troll post it could be moved to the Troll forum.

Then people like me who like troll posts could still contribute to the thread.

I would also suggest the creation of the Troll of the year award. And runner up to the Troll of the year award.

There are a lot of creative troll posts that I would love to post but don’t want to offend anyone. If there was a troll forum I could post the following.

Hello guys, my name is Rebecca. I am a librarian in Topeka Kansas. I think I am attractive although I am a little on the heavy side at 425 pounds. I have met a Thai guy on line and he is the mostest wonderful person I have ever talked to. I am wondering if you all think that our difference in height will hamper our relationship. I am 6 foot three inches tall and he is 4 foot 3 inches tall. What do you think?

Ps I am sending him 73 cents a month which he says covers all of his living expenses. Do you think the two of us could live on $1.46 if we ate a lot of noodles? I really like noodles. Thanks for your help, Rebecca.

monsieurhappy,

Come on brother ! I lost my wife of 23 years and took 3 years to be where i am today..I am not going to kill myself for a women because she wants to sweat playing tennis now..i was going to kill myself over the lost of my wife of 23 years.. and many people can understand that..

So it took you 3 years to get where you are - you didn't get very far did you? Maybe you was walking backwards!!

As for who you'd pull the trigger for, well, read your own post, you are obviously confused, same as you're confused as to people believing this deceipt.

I said I thought you were a troll, I was wrong. I AM SURE you are a TROLL and not a convincing one. I'm only repling now because I've got nothing better to do at this minute and I want to p!ss you off!! :D:D

Go and have a good cr@p and get this rubbish out your system. At least no-one could tell you you've got sh!t for brains after! :o:D

lol

What a bunch of clowns..Guy do you really think i give a rats ass what a bunch of losers think in a 3rd world country? Sure i got coin to own i say OWN because thats what i am going to do..I am looking for the poorest women in the world to give me lifetime service..Sure i sent her $500 and now she knows she is owned by me! I said these these words..Honey you perfect for me we marry.you be good girl and be very obedient with Big Dave and he will provide for your family.,.I send you another $500 next month and you no work no more..I want you to know you my wife..She started already kissing my ass guys! I got her naked for me on cam from her small room...

Jerks

Edited by nomoreusababe