Thai Army chief worries over growing anger among different groups

webfact

Army chief worries over stirring of anger among different groups of public

BANGKOK, 21 December 2013 (NNT) – Army Commander-in-Chief Prayut Chan-ocha has expressed his worry over attempts to stir up anger among different groups of the public, and called for all groups to cease such actions and engage in dialogue.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, in her capacity as Defense Minister, chaired a meeting of the Defense Council on Friday, calling for military personnel to maintain neutrality amid the current political situation.

After the meeting, General Prayut indicated there were no discussions about the postponing of elections, as this was a matter of the political sector, not the armed forces'. He said he expressed concern over the political situation to the prime minister, but also assured her that the military will carry out its duty to the best extent.

Gen. Prayut added that taunting acts and efforts to create agitation ongoing in many areas throughout the country could result in clashes between members of the public. He would thus like to ask that all sides and colors cease these acts and turn toward dialogue, perhaps through a mediator who is trusted by all sectors.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-21 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Oh the irony!!whistling.gif

Gen Sonti (2006 coupleader) was handpicked by Thaksin. As a muslim he was considered the right choice to calm down the deep south. He proved to be capable of a little more!!

Time for a repeat??w00t.gif

For some reason I favor some one with neutrality.

Also we all know why but it would be a big help if Yingluck owned up to the fact that they were not interested in any dialogue with any one up until a month ago. Will they take it to heart what would come out of this exchange of information I highly doubt it.

But we are stuck with them. The difference being they will be watched much more closely and even the hint of reconciliation depending on white washing Thaksin will probably lead to blood shed.sad.png

• Like 2

Well this could be seen as a warning shot to YL and the PTP and their tainted organizations such as the DSI.

These seem to have been the ones to stir up all this division from the very start, and is ongoing.

Wait till you see the violence and pandemonium that these elections is going to cause, yet another thing brought about by the above mentioned.

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 2

Yeah. First we had the phony fire and brick attack against a protest leader. Now we have a slow coup going on...

Same, same... Do Thai laders really think the west supports corruption? No. Our governments might, but governments and people (like here in Thailand) are very different things. Do Thais really think we do not see this as a coup? It is a coup, with a 'soft touch'.

Resume rants.

coffee1.gif

Gen Sonti (2006 coupleader) was handpicked by Thaksin. As a muslim he was considered the right choice to calm down the deep south. He proved to be capable of a little more!!

And now Thaksin took him as coalition partner.....

The only thing the army chief needs to worry about is next years budget and will the army get more, this job of keeping everyone under control is the domain of the police , let them worry about public disorder, the army chief's worry on a daily basis is that their boots are polished and the barrels are nice and bright and next years intake of called up recruits(Nasho's) that nobody wants.coffee1.gif

Yes....have to wonder the level of expertise from these so called "top" military men.....

Yes ChrisY1 I often "wonder" about the level of expertise in all those who are "running" this country/schools/police/ etc. Reading many of their comments I wonder how they made it out of elementary school. Oh but wait TIT....

Well this could be seen as a warning shot to YL and the PTP and their tainted organizations such as the DSI.

These seem to have been the ones to stir up all this division from the very start, and is ongoing.

Wait till you see the violence and pandemonium that these elections is going to cause, yet another thing brought about by the above mentioned.

?

The only thing the army chief needs to worry about is next years budget and will the army get more, this job of keeping everyone under control is the domain of the police , let them worry about public disorder, the army chief's worry on a daily basis is that their boots are polished and the barrels are nice and bright and next years intake of called up recruits(Nasho's) that nobody wants.coffee1.gif

I think they are wanted in the South but not an area of interest for Madam.

For some reason I favor some one with neutrality.

Also we all know why but it would be a big help if Yingluck owned up to the fact that they were not interested in any dialogue with any one up until a month ago. Will they take it to heart what would come out of this exchange of information I highly doubt it.

But we are stuck with them. The difference being they will be watched much more closely and even the hint of reconciliation depending on white washing Thaksin will probably lead to blood shed.sad.png

Make no mistake, neither side is interested in dialogue. Suthep is interested only in 100% capitulation by Yingluck. He wants to be in power

so he can line his and his followers pockets. After all they have basically been out of power for 20 years and it is now his turn. As for Yingluck

she may have the moral high ground of being democratically elected but her brother was/is the poster boy for corrupt government in Asia rivalling

the Presidents/Dictators of Africa. Her populist policy's by definition are popular but will certainly bring financial ruin to Thailand.

• Like 2

The blame falls solely on Prayuth and Anupong and their predecessors. They screwed up just like the judiciary did. Prayuth still thinks that it is before the year 2000, that people are not connected to the internet. Rural people do not trust royalists any longer now they have real access to real information. Murdering people on Bangkok's streets on the orders of Suthep and Abhisit did not help the army very much. And now the Red Shirts are prepared they will no longer let their friends and family being slaughtered on the streets by army snipers, They will certainly fight back. The army should do what it does best, take out protestleaders.

who decided you where allowed to show your bias and re-write history

Please show me the link to where it says these people where murdered

shot during an illegal demonstration Yes, but it has never been proved they where murdered

Oh yes they tried this bluff on these leaders so they would not object to Thaskin returning

But that did not work

But even in Thailand no case has been proven

what other things will you rewrite to show your bias

Edited by tezzainoz
  • Like 2

"perhaps through a mediator who is trusted by all sectors."

Wonder who he has in mind ?

My thoughts are that is why they have the election? A mediator won't have great affect; both sides would find fault in any outcome.

The other thing they could do is hasten Surthep's trial. But then again this could be another sub plot to the saga? Or make Bangkok its own country?

Just sad to see a good country and its people go bad.wai.gif

Yeah. First we had the phony fire and brick attack against a protest leader. Now we have a slow coup going on...

Same, same... Do Thai laders really think the west supports corruption? No. Our governments might, but governments and people (like here in Thailand) are very different things. Do Thais really think we do not see this as a coup? It is a coup, with a 'soft touch'.

Resume rants.

coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2220208811 width=32 height=24>

Not sure it qualifies as a coup just yet, PTP is still in power... just about. The other phony attack was the one reported on Yinglucks kid, which the school categorically denied. It's a total and utter mess and sadly I only see this ending in violence one way or another. Thaksin isn't about to give up and has plenty of money to buy several more elections yet. I too despair at the increasingly dangerous rhetoric being thrown about on all sides and assume that is what the general was referring to as 'taunting'.

In this country engaging in dialogue is akin to fornicating for virginity. There is no moral code, corruption is an inherent part of the Thai DNA.

They lie and cheat their way in all maters big or small. Perhaps it is time for the public to see the removal of the Machiavellian immunity from prosecution which is awarded to sitting MP's which only acts as a catalyst for malfeasance and a reformed judicial system that provides equality in law regardless of wealth position or stature. Dialogue with Yingluck or her lackeys will never achieve anything as history clearly indicates.

Such reforms are needed before there can be any question as to an election. If you keep doing what you are doing , you will keep getting what you are getting.

And now I see it reported elsewhere that some loony ex PT MP for Lop buri is advocating that the Govt impose marshal law.

That would mean the Govt would call on the army to clear out the protesters.

Somehow I doubt the army would do it, that would really be the end of the Shins.

• Like 1

I keep reading that this amnisty bill was only to bring tahksin home. But it was not it was INFACT to clear all of murder charges from 2010 riots as well.

Not only that it would have absolved over 25,000 cases of corruption at present under investigation by the NACC

And prevented any investigation into the actions of the red leaders in 2010, or into the burning of buildings and any other acts at that time.

Guess who would have benefited most from those .

It should be noted that the two who are charged with murder did not want and voted against the amnesty bill.

• Like 1