Really Pleased With Hull Consulate 24 Hour Service

First post for me and it's good news.

Just wanted to share with you all some good news about Hull Consulate.

I was considering, going there to pick up my Tourist Visa after reading quite a few complaints about their slow turn around postal service.

I called them up last Wednesday at about 2:30pm and got straight through after trying all day on Tuesday.

I asked them about their back log and had they caught up with it yet. A lovely polite lady said don't mention that word backlog to us it's a bad word and went onto to say that they had got rid of it all and are now processing visas for January 3rd.

They've had some staff off sick so that didn't help things.

I said, can you reassure me that if I post my application the next day I would get it I back before the New Year and she said yes for sure.

I posted it Thursday at about 1:30 pm and was told by the post office they would get it by 1:00pm Friday. Today it was back in my hand before 11:00 am! Not bad at all, I say.

So if anyone is worried about their postal service, don't be, they are back on track and at a speedy reliable pace for now at least :-) Or am I just one of the lucky ones, you tell me.

Hope this helps reassure some of you and saves you a trip there.

Happy hols everyone!

• Like 1

I've been doing that with Hull with a non 'O' for the last 8 years until this year when suddenly it's changed and needs to be sent to The Embassy!!!!!

Goalposts 'a'widening!!!!

Jimmy

Me too. Im a Hull consulate user and it took them a week last time.

I applied for my first multi-entry non 'O' visa from Hull last September by post. The rules have changed in as much as approval has to be given by the Thai Embassy in London. Hull fax all the documents to London rather than sending them by post which speeds up the process.

I had a similar experience to the OP, receiving my passport and visa back within 2 days. No problems at all. Exceptional service in this day and age.

I have been dealing with Hull for over 10yrs..never had a problem..staff there ALWAYS very helpfull & polite

Until this summer I, too , have only ever had a good experience using the Royal Thai Consulate at Hessle near Hull. They are very good for issuing those visas they can now issue. However, be aware that they, or at least the lady who spoke to me, are not necessarily up-to-date with procedures, time scales and cost for visa requirements issued by the embassy in London or requirements of immigration within Thailand. So, here is a quick heads up for UK citizens.

I applied for another multi-entry non-O based on my marriage to a thai citizen. I had one the previous year. This type of visa is no longer issued by the consulate. They told me I needed a certified copy of my UK marriage certificate, which I could get from the Home Office and it would take 24 hours plus postal times. It then needs to be translated into Thai, which the consulate would do, but they could not give a price or a time scale. I ended up with a multi-entry tourist visa because time was short.

However, the embassy require a copy of my UK marriage certificate issued by the Government Records Office, embossed with the seal of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and also bearing an apostille under the 1961 Hague Convention. All of which has to be translated into Thai. The standard time for producing a copy marriage certificate is 21 days, but that can be shortened on paying an expedition fee. The certificate is then sent to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for the apostille. Even using the expedited procedure it was 2 weeks before I received the copy certificate otherwise it would have been nearer 6 weeks. The cost was 78.40 GBP.

I am planning on going to Savannaket to get a 12 month multi-entry non-O visa based on marriage. My assumtion is that the Consulate there will not need any further evidence of my marriage other than the certificate I now have plus a copy of the wife's ID card/passport. Please put me straight if my assumption is incorrect.

If and when I get it I will put the wheels in motion for getting an extension based on marriage. Because I was divorced in the UK before marrying my present wife, immigration tell me they want proof of my being free to marry my Thai wife. That means getting a copy of my divorce certificate from the Government Records Office. The search fee is on a scale depending on how long ago my divorce was. My divorce was between 10 and 20 years ago, so the fee is in the region of 150 GPB to which must be the apostile fee. It takes up to 8 working weeks to produce the copy certificate bearing the apostile and then add another two or three weeks for delivey. It then has to be translated into Thai. The whole process can take up to 3 months.

In every other respect, the Royal Thai Consuate at Hessle, near Hull. has always been very helpful to me.

Edited by rreddin

I have been dealing with Hull for over 10yrs..never had a problem..staff there ALWAYS very helpfull & polite

Until this summer I, too , have only ever had a good experience using the Royal Thai Consulate at Hessle near Hull. They are very good for issuing those visas they can now issue. However, be aware that they, or at least the lady who spoke to me, are not necessarily up-to-date with procedures, time scales and cost for visa requirements issued by the embassy in London or requirements of immigration within Thailand. So, here is a quick heads up for UK citizens.

I applied for another multi-entry non-O based on my marriage to a thai citizen. I had one the previous year. This type of visa is no longer issued by the consulate. They told me I needed a certified copy of my UK marriage certificate, which I could get from the Home Office and it would take 24 hours plus postal times. It then needs to be translated into Thai, which the consulate would do, but they could not give a price or a time scale. I ended up with a multi-entry tourist visa because time was short.

However, the embassy require a copy of my UK marriage certificate issued by the Government Records Office, embossed with the seal of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and also bearing an apostille under the 1961 Hague Convention. All of which has to be translated into Thai. The standard time for producing a copy marriage certificate is 21 days, but that can be shortened on paying an expedition fee. The certificate is then sent to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for the apostille. Even using the expedited procedure it was 2 weeks before I received the copy certificate otherwise it would have been nearer 6 weeks. The cost was 78.40 GBP.

I am planning on going to Savannaket to get a 12 month multi-entry non-O visa based on marriage. My assumtion is that the Consulate there will not need any further evidence of my marriage other than the certificate I now have plus a copy of the wife's ID card/passport. Please put me straight if my assumption is incorrect.

If and when I get it I will put the wheels in motion for getting an extension based on marriage. Because I was divorced in the UK before marrying my present wife, immigration tell me they want proof of my being free to marry my Thai wife. That means getting a copy of my divorce certificate from the Government Records Office. The search fee is on a scale depending on how long ago my divorce was. My divorce was between 10 and 20 years ago, so the fee is in the region of 150 GPB to which must be the apostile fee. It takes up to 8 working weeks to produce the copy certificate bearing the apostile and then add another two or three weeks for delivey. It then has to be translated into Thai. The whole process can take up to 3 months.

In every other respect, the Royal Thai Consuate at Hessle, near Hull. has always been very helpful to me.

Your marriage certificate will be enough in Savannakhet.

For immigration you will need the need it certified at the UK embassy by way of a declaration that it is valid. Then you will need it translated to Thai and have the translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign affairs. Then you take it to the Amphoe to register your marriage. They will update your wife's house book and ID card. They issue a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry which you present to immigration along with your marriage certificate.

The affirmation and divorce documents are only needed for a new marriage at the Amphoe.

I went to Hull in person last year and had my visa within 15 minutes.

This year i applied by post 2 weeks before my flight. It normally takes 3 days, but as they are very busy this time of year and process each application according to your travel date it can take longer. I was getting a bit worried it would not get back to me in time and called a couple of times and they assured me i would have it in time. I received by visa on the 5th Dec and flew out on the 7th. A bit close for comfort, but very pleased with the service.