Coolest car/cars you ever owned in your 20's?

jkinbkk

First car I bought after military service. 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler. 429 cubic inch (7 liters) Cobra Jet Engine 4 barrel carb, 4 speed Hurst T-handle shifter, 370 HP. The photo is exactly the same as mine looked, color and stripes.

c12_0511_12z_1970_mercury_cyclone_spoile

• Like 2

RX2 had 2 of those, and a Mini Cooper. Still love the Minis but got to big and fat to get in and out.

Naam had 1 of the loveliest cars ever made. Perhaps he would be willing to put the pic up for us?

RX2 had 2 of those, and a Mini Cooper. Still love the Minis but got to big and fat to get in and out.

Naam had 1 of the loveliest cars ever made. Perhaps he would be willing to put the pic up for us?

Sadly, I don't think Naam is in his 20's now.

But agreed ... 'tis a fine car.

OH ... had a huge history with the Mini's ... but it was mate who owned them.

Cut my teeth working on them.

And yes, he did have a (copy) one in BRG with a white roof, 1,275 motor and those ROH mags plus duel tanks.

Apparently you could bore them out to 1,310cc and the NSW cops had a few as their pursuit cars.

post-64834-0-61587900-1387764345_thumb.jMk 7 Jaguar

but when I went to New Guinea had the most beautiful car ever made....Renault Flouride. Underpowered but with only 100km of roads who cared.

post-64834-0-54628900-1387764563_thumb.j

The removeable hard top was great.

Edited by harrry

Sadly, I don't think Naam is in his 20's now.

But agreed ... 'tis a fine car.

OH ... had a huge history with the Mini's ... but it was mate who owned them.

Cut my teeth working on them.

And yes, he did have a (copy) one in BRG with a white roof, 1,275 motor and those ROH mags plus duel tanks.

Apparently you could bore them out to 1,310cc and the NSW cops had a few as their pursuit cars.

Brilliant cars and still are. 1380cc you could take a 1275 out to. The piston walls became thin at that point but they were fun. Twin su carbs on them. 1 of the only cars you took the car out of the engine not the engine out of the car.

In my 20s...... some rather forget and sold on within weeks, but some cool and wish i still had....... Armstrong Siddeley Star......... Mk2 3.4 Jag....... Triumph 2.5 PI

Same colour 1960 model

post-42643-0-54934300-1387765140_thumb.j

Jag was a 1962 in powder blue

Triumph was a 1972 in dark blue, bought as a ex demo car..

post-42643-0-94371000-1387765272_thumb.j

Edited by ignis

post-109645-0-42130000-1387764577_thumb.

This was the one I had the most fun in, 6 inch foam and shag pile carpet in the back. A sign on the window that said " Passion Wagon, dont laugh, your daughter may be inside "

Went everywhere in it, slept in it, holidays in it, and yes, many a girl too !

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

Must have been my '64 Mustang Convertible; back in Canada's Edmonton. Very cold winters, but what a super-cool ride . . . .

I have to admit, I'm not an American car fan, Shelby Cobra 2nd and that shape Mustang, maybe a year or two later ... I'd 'pony' up for.

A classic design which has stood the test of time ... thumbsup.gif

While admiring the Alpha from that era ... what I never understood was how the 4 door ever got to production ... it's so fugly ...

alfa.romeo.1750.12.jpg

Baby Poo Yellow wasn't it's finest colour ... sick.gif

mygtv.jpg

Same model and colour as MINE ... Alpha Romeo 1750 GTV Coupe'

And the 1967 Spyder ... like the Mustang in the post above ... a shape which is still attractive today.

800px-1967-Alfa-Romeo-Duetto-Red-Front-A

All variants of the same model by a year or two.

And the 1967 Spyder ... like the Mustang in the post above ... a shape which is still attractive today.

800px-1967-Alfa-Romeo-Duetto-Red-Front-A

All variants of the same model by a year or two.

Always really liked that car but got very close to buying the Jaguar XJ-S.

280px-Jaguar_XJS_3%2C6.JPG

• Like 1

My 1st was a Ford Probe GT 1989 2.2L turbo - a fun sports car

Then I had an 86 Camaro - still love that style and will buy and restore one... when I get old and have time for that :D

Also another memorable one was a Chrysler Lazer, don't remmeber what year it was but again, it was a 2.2L Turbo, my buddy a turbo expert, worked on it and the car had a huge modified turbo installed into it, I had a hard time keeping the wheels on the ground! smile.png

My first older car in 1964 was a VW bug 1958 with rag roof, and after that, my first brand new car, a FIAT 125 1971 coupe I drove to "fly" around. Expert car people says..."Cars are like women....German cars are boring... but last forever...Italian cars do not last forever...but are fun!"

post-183983-0-94294300-1387789133_thumb.

post-183983-0-28381700-1387789151_thumb.

dam_n thing's floor board was rusted out and I could count the cats eyes on the road. It was short lived sadly.

Looks French? Is it a Renault Todd?

It was - Renault Le Car & it was that awful colour as well :) I even named it - had somthing to do with ones nose. After family & friends ridiculed me for months it eventually died & I've bought silver Volvo's ever since.