Tourist Police Walking Street

Pattaya28

Entered Walking Street from beach road tonight.

Was stopped by a Tourist Police guy who advised me to remove my thin gold chain from my neck.

He informed me ladyboys grab and run.

If that be the case, why aren't more Tourist Police located down the other end of Walking Street ?

They're only taking a half-hearted approach to pro-active policing.

Do they should stop every lady boy from entering Walking St? Saw a Dutch fellow not pay his bill on the Tourist Police program so maybe stop all Dutch people too.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Do they should stop every lady boy from entering Walking St? Saw a Dutch fellow not pay his bill on the Tourist Police program so maybe stop all Dutch people too.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

No, just lock up the wrongdoers instead of collecting protection money from them and allowing them to carry on. Many ladyboys are causing problems and should be properly deal with, the odd tourist, Dutch or whatever nationality, should be properly dealt with too.

• Like 1

I have been going to walking street pretty much weekly for 5 years, and have never been approached by one or particularly noticed gangs of lady boys walking around or overtly aggressive ones, but then i don't wear gold jewelry, flaunt money or attempt to take one home. I must be doing something wrong :(

4 thai and 2 farang police on beach 2 nights ago, no pickpocketing ladyboys, much more pleasant, last night no police and pickpocketing ladyboys back in full force

Not every ladyboy is there to pick pockets and grab necklaces. Some just want to find a clean cut guy who's willing to respect them and looking for a good time. Groups are also okay as long as the guys are clean and don't want to hurt him. Farang police have no standing nor place in Pattaya. They could use a little pickings themselves with their confidence and discrimination tactics and attitude towards ladyboys. Protect yourself at all times, don't be stupid and wear gold and don't carry a large wedge of cash and all is okay. A ladyboy can be a good date, don't knock them down before you have knocked them up. Guys from England and Germany actually would rather go with a ladyboy if given a choice and left alone.

• Like 1

Very good of the police man to stop you and tell you that. VERY Proactive I think.

Tourist police are not gods and can only do so much. They don't get paid you know. It is up to tourists to be street wise not ask to have police posted everywhere.

• Like 1

I have been going to walking street pretty much weekly for 5 years, and have never been approached by one or particularly noticed gangs of lady boys walking around or overtly aggressive ones, but then i don't wear gold jewelry, flaunt money or attempt to take one home. I must be doing something wrong sad.png

You haven't noticed them?! blink.png

4 thai and 2 farang police on beach 2 nights ago, no pickpocketing ladyboys, much more pleasant, last night no police and pickpocketing ladyboys back in full force

Not every ladyboy is there to pick pockets and grab necklaces. Some just want to find a clean cut guy who's willing to respect them and looking for a good time. Groups are also okay as long as the guys are clean and don't want to hurt him. Farang police have no standing nor place in Pattaya. They could use a little pickings themselves with their confidence and discrimination tactics and attitude towards ladyboys. Protect yourself at all times, don't be stupid and wear gold and don't carry a large wedge of cash and all is okay. A ladyboy can be a good date, don't knock them down before you have knocked them up. Guys from England and Germany actually would rather go with a ladyboy if given a choice and left alone.

I feel a bit sick. You really should speak for yourself, than tar all the English and Germans with your brush. Too much sauce when you posted?

• Like 1

Entered Walking Street from beach road tonight.

Was stopped by a Tourist Police guy who advised me to remove my thin gold chain from my neck.

He informed me ladyboys grab and run.

If that be the case, why aren't more Tourist Police located down the other end of Walking Street ?

They're only taking a half-hearted approach to pro-active policing.

Because that has become the Russian part of Walking Street and they figure they can take care of themselves

Sir

Guys from England and Germany actually would rather go with a ladyboy if given a choice and left alone.

may i suggest you stop taking the drugs.Is this a wind up???/

"They're only taking a half-hearted approach to pro-active policing."

If the police are directly warning tourists about the stupidity of wearing gold etc. I would regard that as very pro-active. Prevent crime before it occurs. You cant ask for better than that.

Maybe go back even further in their pro active policing and warn tourists of the stupidity of spending money in Thai gold shops, or perhaps make it illegal to sell gold chain to foreigners, unless they can provide proof that it will be locked up in a safe place and never worn in public.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no problem with ladyboys ,but i am British and i would no more go with a ladyboy than eat sprouts ,so please do not talk for us British ,just because you like a chick with a dick.
When I first came here,I thought they were chicks that have had an addadicktome or been to slash converters.

Because it's easier to blame tourists for being stupid than it is to control the riff-raff in Pattaya.

They know that ladyboys are a huge problem, but they allow them to infect Walking Street and beach road every night. When they round them up, it's just a catch and release so the police can get 100b or so, then the ladyboys go right back to where they were before. Pattaya has no real interest in cleaning the place up, otherwise they would crack the whip on those who are causing all the problems.

the fine for loitering is 100 baht which is the only charge they can issue . even ladyboys have a right to walk on walking street.

• Like 1

why would anyone want to run around pattaya with a gold necklace in full view , this would also apply to many tourist destinations, not only thailand.

the tourist police are offering advice in order to try to prevent an incident , well done the tourist police .