What Happened to the Farming Forum

ozzydom

Rob me of my senses everytime, i think i will stick to beers tonight... burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

It's all my fault. When people are expecting Guinness,,,,and are disappointed, they'll turn to anything. Especially strippers.

OK?.....When do I get my free consultation?

Regards.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good. we all agree that anything that is mostly growing stuff or raising livestock/animals is farming; plants on patios, exotic birds and pot bellied pigs is vets/pets/gardening....

but... my backyard garden is actually a mini farm of lemon grass and chili peppers and cilantro. no flowers in our garden that arent edible.

our original plans for going to thailand etc have long since changed. our newest plan to come over for two months (him) and one month (me) have probably most liekly also imploded due to financial problems as usual.

we (he) had planned to purchase some land thru his sister but of course at last moment someone else exchanged the paperwork on the rai for rice. so now we cancelled our plans for purchasing a second hand tractor for the family...

the only interesting things i can contribute soon will be that our kibbutz is starting a model of community garden for veggies, in which we can grow as much as we want (with water managment techniques and organic only) but the extra is given to the kibbutz to be put in our own store, to be sold (for cost) and the money will go in to covering costs of managing the garden. the garden/farm will be organic since it will be on ex-cherry orchard land which was organic already and we want to keep the land organic for future use if need be. due to finances the kibbutz has stopped raising cherries (cost of picking vx sales), and we now only do apples/pear/nectarines and grapes for boutique winery. i am not involved in any of that so cant be much help ...

i havent raised goats now for five years; mostly am raising my four lhasa apso/and lhasapoo mix dogs (dog therapy training).

its true there are always old timers with good info on forums but times changes, bannork is changing and people should be open about reading and exchanging info with others. questioning if someone really made xxx amount of money is rediculous...

as ive said before, we are all sitting behind keyboards and most of us have never actually seen eachother except in photos...

so all advice should always be taken as just that: advice. you can take it or leave it. you dont have to agree. you can question it. but its free.

soon all the new people here will also be old timers and will lament the change of era in farming, etc . just as you all are now.

its like i keep telling my husband. korat has surely changed. his village has probably changed alot in past five years. so what was able to be done then might not work now. and now is what we have to work with.

• Like 1