Which visa?

Hi, I have been living between Thailand and Australia for the past 2 years (on tourist visas) with my Thai partner and child who always travel with me. I have a company in Australia and wanting to start a different, new company in Thailand. I am aware that I will need a non B visa and work permit to conduct business in Thailand once established. I was going to organise all this at the same time the company is established.

Issues: Can't get non B/work permit without letter from company/business in Thailand. Can't legally do any business in Thailand without these (isn't going to set up a company/business/sign contracts etc considered work?)

Can I arrive in Thailand on a tourist visa, then go to Lawyers office to set up company and apply for everything including nonB/work permit and sign contract for business premises etc?

Edited by warltier

It's all good, believe it or not immigration and lawyer called me back. Can arrive on tourist visa and then go and set everything up at lawyers office and sign contracts etc no problem at all. Obviously once, everything is in place I then have to leave Thailand and submit all documents, non B application and work permit application to Thai Embassy in KL for example. Pick up and return to Thailand next day.

I would have deleted my post but can't find where to do this.

You don't have to have a B visa. You could get a single entry non-o visa based upon having a Thai child to start with. A honorary consulate might even issue a multiple entry non-o visa. Contact info: http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/consulate.html

If you were to legitimize your parenthood for child you could also get an extension of stay at immigration. See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/