Four Chinese tourists in terrifying ordeal in jammed Phuket elevator

webfact

What were they doing playing in the elevators at 5 am in the morning? I suspect they are from some craphole in China and don't get the chance to press the buttons in lifts very often and given the opportunity, the whole family went ballistic jabbing the lift control panel like it was a bear in a cage until the dam_n thing had had enough and malfunctioned and then they came up with this poppycock about innocently using the lift at this ungodly hour. I am telling you, there are no innocents here.

And what are those clowns from the "rescue foundation" playing at, for God's sake?

They had just checked in and were being taken to their room by the bell boy if you bothered to read the OP. But don't let that stop you from slagging off at people that have just arrived in the country for a holiday. Oh and the 9 year old girl should have been more composed and kept her cool after flying a great distance in an aeroplane (which could be scary) and then experiencing this immediately after arriving in a strange place and country, shame on her parents for not disiplining her! Maybe next time they will use a belt and gag her.....

If that would please you more...

RigPig

I reckon they were all at it. Stabbing those lift buttons like there was no tomorrow. Even the 9-year-old. If you do it enough, it will make the lift jam.

You must be right then.

Being trapped in an elevator is only as traumatic and terrifying as you make it!!! And it was only 45 minutes. I've been trapped in elevators TWICE. First time 1 hour plus, no panic. Second time I got the door open myself. No need for crying and panicking. Hysteria won't get you out quicker, just driving you insane.

Amazing that the Phuket News would even consider this "news", lol

I've been stuck in an elevator before. I wasn't exactly "terrified". Just royally pissed off.

45 minutes, that's it? Simply terrifyingcoffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2220208811 width=32 height=24>

Have any of you big, brave, heroic men ever heard of claustrophobia?

45 minutes, that's it? Simply terrifyingcoffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2220208811 width=32 height=24>

Not being smartarse at all but would really like to see what stevenl commented about this on the other site , am interested by the mods comments after not publishing it at all..what could have been said that warrented that reaction...?

Re-post here and get a better re action i would think..

Wow, 30 minutes in the elevator makes the papers. Must be a slow news day.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reactions would be much more different if the trapped were farang. Seen this type of behavior too often similar to some nationalist type of site with the word "storm" in it. Farang got hurt, injured or simply inconvinenced complains to the skies screams to the heavens of the injustice. Same thing happens to a non farang. Whatever or blames the news site.

Would you mind writing a version of your post that makes sense?

Thank you.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

"Alerted by the screaming and crying coming from inside the elevator, hotel staff called the Kusoldharm Foundation"

"Mr Tawan had brought his mobile phone with him and was able to call a fellow staff member for help."

So did he use his mobile before the screaming and the crying, or after?

blink.png

An Emergency Alarm !!!!! or is that too complicated........mind you its probably an optional extra in Thailand cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Terrified....why were they going to miss the opening of the buffet dinner?

Or perhaps we can say, if you want to go UP, just press the UP button, not both of them and get on board regardless.

Must be quiet in Phuket, no shortage of worthy news reports in Pattaya this time of year!:D

When I was moving into the dorms for my freshman year, my parents and I along with another student and her mother got stuck in an elevator for about 90 minutes. This was way before cell phones were around. All you could do was pull an alarm. The mother and daughter were both claustrophobic. It was mid-summer in a hot climate (but not humid) and was pure hell being with them and having to listen to the alarm blaring. It turned out that students had been pulling the alarms several times already for a joke so no one really paid much attention to the alarm. No amount of talking could reassure them. After we were "rescued" my mother said that is probably someone you don't want anything to do with- seems like a hysterical girl.