Cell Phone Advice Needed

Calvino

I will be traveling to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand over the course of the next three months.

I would like to buy a cell phone in Hong Kong that I can use in all 4 countries; I realize that I may need to buy a new sim in each country.

What type of phone should I buy in Hong Kong?

Thanks!

I will be traveling to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand over the course of the next three months.

I would like to buy a cell phone in Hong Kong that I can use in all 4 countries; I realize that I may need to buy a new sim in each country.

What type of phone should I buy in Hong Kong?

Thanks!

If you are based in HK check with your SP and find out if they have agreements with the other countries you will travel to. You may be able to go onto world roaming and use just one SIM from HK, but beware it will be expensive.

It would appear that all 4 countries you intend to visit use 900 freq so a simple dual band would do you.

Normally you only need a quad band if you intemd to travel to the US or that area as they are different to the rest of us.

Check this page http://kbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jutta/gsm/gsm-list.html it has the countries you listed.

just inquire to your local telecommunication provider about their roaming services.no prblem about the frequency of the country you mentioned they have the same frequency we use.you can also use the sim card of the country you mentioned provided your phone is OPEN LINE.