BoI set to woo foreign investors

bazmlb

With the country facing political deadlock, rebuilding foreign investors’ confidence will be one of the top priorities for the Board of Investment (BoI) in its action plan next year.

Secretary-general Udom Wongviwatchai said foreign investors from Japan, the US and Europe, as well as high-potential countries including South Korea, Taiwan and Australia, will be the main focus for investment Promotion.

“The BoI’s overseas offices will be tasked with a more vital role to ensure that Thailand’s political protests will not have any negative effect on investment promotion policies,” said Mr Udom.

The offices will also be responsible for promoting Thai investment overseas and informing investors about new policies, such as the second phase of the eco-car project and the BoI’s new investment strategy that is expected to be in place in 2015.

afg_logo.jpg
-- Automotive Focus Group Thailand 2013-12-24

Best of Luck ! Toyota have already decided to pull out of Thailand. I am sure they know exactly what the situation is and that Thailand can offer nothing but problems. Whose next ?

Excuse my ignorance, but where did you get the information that Toyota are pulling out of Thailand? And by pulling out I assume you mean ceasing manufacturing of cars?

Best of Luck ! Toyota have already decided to pull out of Thailand. I am sure they know exactly what the situation is and that Thailand can offer nothing but problems. Whose next ?

Excuse my ignorance, but where did you get the information that Toyota are pulling out of Thailand? And by pulling out I assume you mean ceasing manufacturing of cars?

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMIN) has started producing its all-new Vios at the company’s plant in Karawang, West Java, as it gradually moves its production base from Thailand to Indonesia.

http://www.automotivefocusgroup.com/toyota-to-shift-thai-output-base-to-indonesia-2/

• Like 1

So import taxes are going up then.

Hopefully ASEAN will mean there wont be any import taxes, it should all be free trade?

Free trade is similar to free stuff on the internet.

Promoted a lot but practical examples are few and far between.

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia (TMMIN) has started producing its all-new Vios at the company’s plant in Karawang, West Java, as it gradually moves its production base from Thailand to Indonesia.

http://www.automotivefocusgroup.com/toyota-to-shift-thai-output-base-to-indonesia-2/

So you've concluded that Toyota only make one vehicle (the Vios) in Thailand? Some people are really too dumb for words...

Here is an exert from the article make of it what you can. It dosen't look to promising.

"He added that thus far, his company had yet to determine whether to export the Vios from Indonesia, as it was still formulating strategies to increase its domestic sales figures.

Toyota seeks to shift its production base gradually from Thailand to Indonesia and hopes to complete the move some time next year".

Who would want to invest in a country where you cannot buy land or own the business 100%?

Honda

But seriously do they expect this new commission to sucker in big business with their kine of bull. These people know what ids going on in Thailand snd will not be that open to the wonders of Thailand.