Ikea transport home

taony

If you are in BKK you could go there in a taxi and back for less than 650 baht.

Also they have a delivery service.

The Ikea bus goes to the bts station, but god knows how you would contact/liaise with the driver on anything.

I am sure there are vans and tuk tuks around who would be very happy to assist you, but Christ knows how you would make contact with them.

Ikea here doesn't have the branded taxi+delivery service, unfortunately. The taxi/bus stop is right in front of the exit from the store (the one past checkout/hotdog place), there's usually a guy with a radio there ready to call a cab. I haven't seen any vans pick up stuff there, just the regular taxis, but this might be the place to start asking.

Delivery service doesn't accept glass, plates and the like.

Some bangkok taxis are like small vans/estate cars. Find one of those and problem solved.

Also, many people will rent you their pick-up with themselves as driver and an extra pair of hands. I used one to move flat and it cost me 500 baht for a morning.

Talk to Thai friends to find one.

I don't think it would have fit in a tuktuk, it was a bookcase 120cm long. It was a long thin box and quite heavy somehow. I was planning to look around for a van or pickup when I got there but somehow it took about an hour and a half to get out there from Victory Monument by BTS and bus, so I was so happy to get off that bus, I just bolted inside. The bus stops at Ikea, but I am not sure if it keeps going when you get to Mega, or it only stops at Ikea on the way out. Anyway, in my two times there I just got off with the crowds at the first stop and went inside the mall to eat first.

In the end I just used the Ikea service. It was fine too. The guy told me there was a five day delay, but when I got home I looked at the receipt and it said delivery in two days. In came in two days and I was happy.

• 8 months later...