Owen Wilson accused of supporting whistle-blowing protester: Thailand

webfact

he's lucky the local reds didnt try to beat him up but then they only do that to women as they dont hit back. How pathetic is it when you are accused of something because you are wearing a whistle, these people are idiots.

The local reds are not that nice. They shoot people.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've read the plot in more detail, this sounds like an extremely irresponsible movie considering the current political situation.

me think you are trolling

No....we know he is trolling. Paid by the Shins, likely. I've seen this douche's posts before, all same ignorant attack on the opposition.

Wow you are a class act. How do you know he is paid by the Shins? Link please. And douche's, did you really call a fellow poster a douche? And you call someone else ignorant?

And of course your whole post is an AD HOM flame. Just so you know, I don't think it is allowed.

"In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed."

Strange that the actor is allegedly supporting a group who are attempting to lay the conditions for a coup. He has either been conned or being extremely opportunistic.

your the one who is conned if you think that!

BTW it's you're... Not that I wish to be the "spelling police" but I think if you have a go at someone at least get YOUR own house in order!

Wow, what a contribution you just made. I guess the majority of readers and posters here are not native English speakers and I was not aware that perfect English and grammar are required in order to voice an opinion here. Do you have anything else to contribute, except for teaching English? By the way, I am not a native English speaker either, please spare me your language lessons or open another thread.

Edited by ineu
  • Like 1

"In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed."

Strange that the actor is allegedly supporting a group who are attempting to lay the conditions for a coup. He has either been conned or being extremely opportunistic.

your the one who is conned if you think that!

BTW it's you're... Not that I wish to be the "spelling police" but I think if you have a go at someone at least get YOUR own house in order!

Wow, what a contribution you just made. I guess the majority of readers and posters here are not native English speakers and I was not aware that perfect English and grammar are required in order to voice an opinion here. Do you have anythin else to contribute, except for teaching English? By the way, I am not a native English speaker either, please spare me your language lessons or open another thread.

Not only in bad taste but against the rules,

" Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to understand. However English is not always the first language of our members so don't waste space correcting other members' grammar and spelling where it isn't necessary"

• Like 1

he's lucky the local reds didnt try to beat him up but then they only do that to women as they dont hit back. How pathetic is it when you are accused of something because you are wearing a whistle, these people are idiots.

In many civilized countries, you could be considered pathetic if you did nothing but walk around the street all day for months blowing a whistle, while supporting an anarchist that has nothing better to do but paralyze traffic, occupy and damage state property, insult the country's poor, try to escape from a corruption and murder trial and who wants to establish a communist-like "people's council" and wants to get rid of elections.

Now, tell me ...how pathetic is THAT?

Wow, I guess based on your logic the protesters inthe Ukraine are also pathetic. Doing nothing (??) but spending day after day trying to fight against a regime that is not democratic at all, although voted by a majority into power.

In many civilized countries, you could be considered pathetic if you did nothing but walk around the street all day for months blowing a whistle, while supporting an anarchist that has nothing better to do but paralyze traffic, occupy and damage state property, insult the country's poor, try to escape from a corruption and murder trial and who wants to establish a communist-like "people's council" and wants to get rid of elections.

Wow, I guess based on your logic the protesters inthe Ukraine are also pathetic. Doing nothing (??) but spending day after day trying to fight against a regime that is not democratic at all, although voted by a majority into power.

I don't think anybody would mind if he had a firm plan of some kind. How long is his dictatorship by committee going to last and what is it going to accomplish and when are elections going to be held.

Until then he is an anarchist blowing a whistle.

"Wilson himself was in Thailand in November for the shoot of his action-thriller movie The Coup."

Now that is ironic. Whole thing seems weird as Hollyweird.

I never liked the aspect of American culture that features the opinions of actors concerning economics, politics and other important issues. If an economist has an opinion about economics, I read it carefully.

When actors talk about issues my ears go deaf. Its like saying a mime is qualified to program a Cray.

It's a lot like reading your posts... "my ears go deaf"

Stick to being a dipsomaniac.

• Like 1

takes one (an idiot) to know one.

Protesters in the Ukraine are not trying to oust the government. They want the government to stop working with Russia and get closer to the EU instead. You have really no idea what's going on in the world. I recommend you look at some news reports for starters and read them until you understand them.

Comparing Suthep's anarchists to the Ukraine protesters is laughable. The Ukrainian people want MORE democracy, not less.

Suthep's group is trying to establish a communist-like "people's council" and get rid of elections.

If anything, Suthep is exactly what the Ukraine protesters are protesting AGAINST.

• Like 2

Protesters in the Ukraine are not trying to oust the government. They want the government to stop working with Russia and get closer to the EU instead. You have really no idea what's going on in the world. I recommend you look at some news reports for starters and read them until you understand them.

Comparing Suthep's anarchists to the Ukraine protesters is laughable. The Ukrainian people want MORE democracy, not less.

Suthep's group is trying to establish a communist-like "people's council" and get rid of elections.

If anything, Suthep is exactly what the Ukraine protesters are protesting AGAINST.

Now that is laughable. You think the protesters in Ukraine do not want to oust the government? Of course they want, even if they may not believe that they are able to do so at the time being.

Secondly, do not throw Suthep and all protesters into the same basket. There are many protesters who join the rallies not because they are in line with Suthep, but it is the only way they see to fight against a "democracy" that exists in name only, because TS and his cronies have over the years dismantled all the checks and balances, with the last attempt having just failed (get full control of the senate). The parliament has become meaningless and whatever the opposition could try within the system is meaningless, because PTP has the absolute majority. And they use it to steamroll through anything they want with total disregard of any other views and opinion.

There is a major flaw here, because TS moved the system to totally ignore anybody who is not of hisopinion and by getting the absolute majority the democratic parliamentary system has stopped to function.

I do not promote Sutheps crazy ideas, but what it is clear that there is a need to assure that checks and balances will get back in place in order to assure that the opposition can play their important role and that the minority voters (who will still be a large part of the country) also get their views and voices heard and respected!

Finally, your quote is accurate "You have really no idea what's going on in the world. I recommend you look at some news reports for starters and read them until you understand them.", but it applies to you.

Now that is laughable. You think the protesters in Ukraine do not want to oust the government? Of course they want, even if they may not believe that they are able to do so at the time being.

Secondly, do not throw Suthep and all protesters into the same basket. There are many protesters who join the rallies not because they are in line with Suthep, but it is the only way they see to fight against a "democracy" that exists in name only, because TS and his cronies have over the years dismantled all the checks and balances, with the last attempt having just failed (get full control of the senate). The parliament has become meaningless and whatever the opposition could try within the system is meaningless, because PTP has the absolute majority. And they use it to steamroll through anything they want with total disregard of any other views and opinion.

There is a major flaw here, because TS moved the system to totally ignore anybody who is not of hisopinion and by getting the absolute majority the democratic parliamentary system has stopped to function.

I do not promote Sutheps crazy ideas, but what it is clear that there is a need to assure that checks and balances will get back in place in order to assure that the opposition can play their important role and that the minority voters (who will still be a large part of the country) also get their views and voices heard and respected!

Finally, your quote is accurate "You have really no idea what's going on in the world. I recommend you look at some news reports for starters and read them until you understand them.", but it applies to you.

As long as protesters come out in the venues that Suthep tells them to and on the dates and times that Suthep tells them to, one has to believe that they fully support crazy Suthep's communist ideas.

If they want real democracy and real changes, not just an undemocratic power grab followed by a North Korea style "people's council", they should start to distance themselves from Suthep, go to different places at different dates and make their plans and ideas known, not just blow the whistle when dear leader Suthep tells them to.

Makes sense?

• Like 1

I don't think anybody would mind if he had a firm plan of some kind. How long is his dictatorship by committee going to last and what is it going to accomplish and when are elections going to be held.

As he is wearing a whistle and not blowing it, and claims to be unaware of its significance, your claim that he is an anarchist lacks credibility.

As to whether a movement to eject a corrupt influence from Thai politics is actually anarchist, I'll wait a while before deciding. But any attempt at reform has to be better than none in the current circumstances.

As long as protesters come out in the venues that Suthep tells them to and on the dates and times that Suthep tells them to, one has to believe that they fully support crazy Suthep's communist ideas.

If they want real democracy and real changes, not just an undemocratic power grab followed by a North Korea style "people's council", they should start to distance themselves from Suthep, go to different places at different dates and make their plans and ideas known, not just blow the whistle when dear leader Suthep tells them to.

Makes sense?

Communist ideas? From a fascist anarchist? Why not include atheist, paedophile, sadistic necrophiliac with a bit of bestiality for luck, or would that be flogging a dead pony?

He's an actor, no one ever said actors were smart, just a stupid publicity stunt imo with no clue of the implications, red white n blue also happens to be the US colours ... sees its popular goes oh thatll look good for promotion both home and in thailand and bingo...or a good savvy PR for some attn instant reaction.

Any publicity is good publicity.

Great irony with the name of the movie but where else would you film but in the capital of coups ?

• Like 1

Makes sense?

Communist ideas? From a fascist anarchist? Why not include atheist, paedophile, sadistic necrophiliac with a bit of bestiality for luck, or would that be flogging a dead pony?

I'm not aware of Suthep molesting any dead ponies, those are your words.

As for communist ideas, yes. Overthrowing a democratically elected government with a "people's council", saying that the Royal Thai Police should be replaced by a "people's guard" among many other things are indeed communist ideals. In case you haven't noticed, many of his close personal guards even wear hats with communist red stars on them. I'll find the photo for you when I have the time, don't ask me for it, this is not my full time job and I don't get paid.

• Like 1

Makes sense?

I'm not aware of Suthep molesting any dead ponies, those are your words.

As for communist ideas, yes. Overthrowing a democratically elected government with a "people's council", saying that the Royal Thai Police should be replaced by a "people's guard" among many other things are indeed communist ideals. In case you haven't noticed, many of his close personal guards even wear hats with communist red stars on them. I'll find the photo for you when I have the time, don't ask me for it, this is not my full time job and I don't get paid.

I could show you just as many pictures of red shirts wearing Mao caps, but I'm not stupid enough to assume someone's headgear is an accurate indication of theri political leanings. OTOH we have Thida and Weng who are red in more ways than one, and Suthep's proposal includes a King as head of state, something not found in many communist regimes.

I was pointing out that in this thread Suthep has been called a fascist, an anarchist and now a communist, which I thought were mutually exclusive (silly me), and a few other personal, if unfounded, slurs wouldn't go astray.

Edited by JRSoul

Yep, I think he was touting the timeliness of his movie. Purely a money thing, not a political thing. Or is that the same?

Fascists Jackrich, fascists not anarchists. The two theories of society are very different. Suthep's lunatic ideas are neither communist or anarchist but right wing, nationalistic fascism.

Jesus Wept dude are you on crack?

• Like 1

"He has either been conned or being extremely opportunistic."

My god, is your head so far up your arse?

... Owen Wilson accused ... Well his accusers can add me too, because, along with all the academics, lawyers, doctors and intelligent people from all professions, and millions of aware citizens of this country, I know what's going on, I recognize the reasoning and wholly support the protests. Ok?

You should read more. He said quite often that he wants reform and then elections in12 to 18 months.

Sent from my phone ...

Makes sense?

na definitely not flogging a dead pony

Pathetic is defined as a person who expresses an opinion outrageously on something that is of no concern to him/her and which he/she has no influence whatsoever.......thumbsup.gif

Muhendis

You must be confused:

Full Definition of PATHETIC

: having a capacity to move one to either compassionate or contemptuous pity
: marked by sorrow or melancholy : sad
: pitifully inferior or inadequate <the restaurant's pathetic service>
: absurd, laughable <a pathetic costume>
pa·thet·i·cal adjective
pa·thet·i·cal·ly adverb
Examples of PATHETIC
  1. The blind, old dog was a pathetic sight.
  2. The team was pretty bad last year, but this year they're downright pathetic.
  3. The story he told was a pathetic attempt to cover up a lie.
  4. His car is a pathetic piece of junk.

Nah!

I like my definition better.

It seems more apt. somehow.

Happy Christmas