New Nigerian Scams ?

skippybangkok

Yes this is a common scam that has been around for some time. Full payment lots extra for shipping. The funds

will never actually clear into your account and the bank comes back you for the money. You are usually asked to give

the extra money to someone to to ship the products. You can read all about it on Craig's List. Check out there website

under scam security or something like that. 100% scam end of story.

The new form of this scam involves Paypal, whereby after you receive the payment and ship the goods, the scammer calls Paypal reporting shipment fraud from your side and tries to get the payment cancelled. So, please document your shipments carefully so you can fight the cancellation claim if it ever arrives.

Traceable shipping is not enough. If the buyers claims to Paypal that goods are not as asvertised, seller will loose the dispute almost automatically. Same if the the item has been stolen in from the box while in transit. You can see the countries where this happens more often by looking at the typical exclusion list of a succesful seller on Ebay. That is why the seller protection program exisits, how it does not applies to items sold privately.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Yep, had loads of the same E-mails this week, I have also booked over 100 flights to the USA, Different cities but all on Xmas eve ( need to download the ticket). Also I'm in court next week ( in the USA again) in 20 different cities and all at the same time ( need to download the court details). All I.P's point to Nigeria and i have NO flights booked and I have NO reason to be in court. I STILL have several billion dollars (In several different accounts) stashed away in a safety deposit box somewhere in Nigeria and if I send $200 dollars via WU it's all mine, NOT!cheesy.gif.

EDIT To Add: As of this morning, if i don't send the $200, the FBI are coming to visit me in my American hometown !!!! I'm from the UK and have never lived stateside clap2.gif

Edited by lucifer666

There is a guy who specializes in tormenting these scammers, he has quite an extensive website, have a look: http://ebolamonkeyman.com/ . He advises viewers to not give any personal details to these characters, as they can be quite dangerous.

Very long winded, but quite funny. It was interesting he got the idiot pose with a sign

• Like 1

I used to get a lot of these at home in US and would respond by telling them I have forwarded the email to the FBI. Never heard back again....Now, another group offering low, low, low interest rates on credit cards would leave a message and call back number. For me, since I didn't have a credit card I knew right away they were phoney but not sure others didn't get caught up in it.

Just had one back home in Ireland recently,

wound him up for a bit,

it was a top end Graphics card,and he/she/them(god knows could be a "boiler room" full of them!)he never mentioned it by name,or asked how well it had been treated etc like a genuine buyer would,just

"QUICKLY SEND ME YOUR PAYPAL DETAILS SO I CAN PAY IMMEDIATELY!!!",that and the

"I AM WILLING TO OFFER 25% PREMIUM IN ORDER TO SECURE THE ITEM,NOW BACK TO DEM PAYPAL DETAILS"

(ps caps are from the mails I got,I will stop now!),

Then the idea that his "agent" would collect "the items"(it had gone plural by then!) had me laughing my ass off,

so I sent a reply saying that in all good conscience I couldn't take his money upfront,and perhaps "his agent"(007 maybe?) could bring cash and I could demonstrate the card working(don't worry,obviously I gave no address anytime),

He got a bit tough then,bit of language,so the next offer I sent was for his agent to come and collect the "item/s" and he could pay me later if satisfied,

but I "accidentally" included a photo of me on the Range with a SPAS 12 shotgun with the mail,I apologised,but alas never heard from him again tongue.png

There's a guy who has a whole website devoted to torturing these "419" scammers,he goes along to such an extent that he has them singing dean martin songs

bouncing on space hoppers etc...

I wouldn't put that much effort into it,but every now and then I like to mess with their heads a little.(sorry Skippybangkok,I just saw your message now,didn't realise you beat me to it)

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne
  • Like 1