pattani to kanchanaburi

salavan

Recently moved from pattani because personal reasons need to be nearer to the capital don't like city's, not knowing central Thailand i moved to kanchanaburi.

what a mistake that was, the people are the most unfriendly, racist, and xenophobic i've ever met, in thailand shop staff are the most discourteous Ive ever known in Thailand no wai no krup oon ka here, 200% skin tax every time i go shoping whats a matter with these people here.

if anyone know's of any other more moderate places in central Thailand I'd like to know.

flame away guy's

Sorry to say that I have to agree with you.

Have been there many time's for a short break, and every time have had problem's from over charging big time to down right rudeness.

Maybe it's because the locals have so many tourists that they have just become bored with us who knows.

I'm sure that peep's that live there like it, no doubt we will hear from load's.

Cant offer you any other suggestions on where to live as you want to be near BKK, I also dislike that place.

Best of luck.

Wow, I lived there for a year, never had a problem. We still go up for occasional weekends, and always enjoy it.

Not disagreeing that people have bad experiences, just luckily I haven't experienced it myself.

• Like 1

Wow, I lived there for a year, never had a problem. We still go up for occasional weekends, and always enjoy it.

Not disagreeing that people have bad experiences, just luckily I haven't experienced it myself.

Example of over charging.

Last time I was there stayed in the River Kwai Hotel not great but very good breakfast for the price. Had been out with a chum English on the way back to the Hotel he fancied a night cap stopped off at the bar in front of the Hotel looked at menu, two espresso coffee's and two meridian brandy's ordered, off the lady went came back sorry not Hab only Hab Sang Som ok that would do.

Two instant coffee's !!! + two small S/Som arrived ok not what we ordered but it would do. Asked for the bill how does 530bt grab you taking the pee some what A, asked for the menu to double check the price of same, you've guessed it solly no hab menu boss has just gom off with it. Paid up didn't have much choice, entered the hotel to find out that the bar has nothing to do with them run by other peep's. Buggered now there's a word. Can give many other examples.

Welcome to Kanchanaburi.

Sorry to here that, and I hate double pricing, but as I've said I have a very different experience of Kanchanaburi. Stay away from anything around by the bridge, as for the River Kwai Hotel, yeah the bar at the front has never really been part of the hotel. That's pretty steep for a couple of shots of Sangsom and two coffees. That hotel also caters mainly for Korean market from what I remember.

I find Kanchanaburi remarkable inexpensive and was there last week for a couple of days and had no such issues. Sadly, there will always be a few chancers.

Sorry to here that, and I hate double pricing, but as I've said I have a very different experience of Kanchanaburi. Stay away from anything around by the bridge, as for the River Kwai Hotel, yeah the bar at the front has never really been part of the hotel. That's pretty steep for a couple of shots of Sangsom and two coffees. That hotel also caters mainly for Korean market from what I remember.

I find Kanchanaburi remarkable inexpensive and was there last week for a couple of days and had no such issues. Sadly, there will always be a few chancers.

My drink experience happened the last time I was there some two year's ago for the river Kwai festivities, make's it even more expensive.

Another time a year or so before two friend's my wife and I got a Tuk Tuk for a journey of just over 3km for 100bt not over the top. When we decided to come back not a cab in sight just the same cab that took us, when we approached the man and ask if he would take us back yes came the reply but it would now cost 200bt EACH. As luck would have it a M/C taxi came by we grabbed him he did the return 3s up twice for 100bt, I did give him a hansom tip. Needless to say not been back since the drink episode, Kan for us is now off limits.