Huai Wang Nong

mike123ca

Yesterday, I went past the reservoir near the back end (opposite side of small bridge) and I was very surprised at the very low level of the water. A section of the lake ( Huai Wang Nong reservoir) is just exposed land. I remember 6 weeks ago the water being high due to the rainy season. I'm starting to think we might experience a water shortage in the near future. Is this normal for this time of year?

Huay Waay Nong reservoir is being drained to enable construction to start on:

1 A footbridge across the lake.

2 Big lotus flower fountains and other water formations supposing to add beauty to the lake.

The purpose of the footbridge is that to walk around the lake is too far for many peiople so they will be able to take a shortcut across the bridge.

The purpose of the water fountains is attract people to visit the area.

Needless to say the locals are quite upset with all of this. If it is to far to walk around the lake just go up and back one one side. Many water fountains in Thailand usually break down after some years because of lack of maintenance.

It appears the some construction firm is going to make a lot of money and in the process spoil the beauty of the lake.

They haven't posted a project board and as fa I know there is no way to see the result yet, my mother in law made a petition to clear this thing up, few people sign, some are scared to put they name down, some they think will develop the area and are more than happy. Around the lake is very dirty, people trow all the shit, without thinking, adults with kids do it, and kids learn, yesterday I kid you not, a women, called from very body Ajan, a supposed well schooled person, burn a latex mattress on the bank of the reservoir, black toxic smoke coming out, and she was there looking at it and contemplating.

For what I know also the bridge roughly will be build in front the big houses on the right of the lake to more or less the area in front the new house after all the small restaurants.

My mother in law, called every where and had lots of red tapes, nobody knew nothing of wanted to talk, she got some inside info, and that think should cost 270 millions, and of course you don't need to empty the reservoir to build either.

That money is also from the people around the lake and should be explained to the people, and gave options, could be used also for other things, may be more important, too.

A foot bridge had been build in Rome, is about 22 meters wide and 190 meters long, http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponte_della_Musica-Armando_Trovajoli and wikiedia said that costed 8million euro, not so much more, and is across a river where the banks are may be 15 meter high, from the sidewalks along the river.

And is Rome, and is Italy, where or the price went lots more than that after they finished, or costed half because they divided the good money, even before start.

My mother in law got silenced, she still keep her job, but has been lowered in her position, project that she was working on it, had been canceled or moved to other peoples.

Hope she doesn't loose her job or she will be all day home, and that will be very bad.

I think a foot bridge across is a good idea. Have a beer garden/restaurant made in the middle and it'll be great, just since today it is a lack of such venues..................... biggrin.png

• 1 month later...

2 Big lotus flower fountains and other water formations supposing to add beauty to the lake.

The purpose of the footbridge is that to walk around the lake is too far for many peiople so they will be able to take a shortcut across the bridge.

Needless to say the locals are quite upset with all of this. If it is to far to walk around the lake just go up and back one one side. Many water fountains in Thailand usually break down after some years because of lack of maintenance.

It appears the some construction firm is going to make a lot of money and in the process spoil the beauty of the lake.

Street lights on one section of the lake have been out of order for years. Footpaths are now overgrown with weeds and bushes so they cannot be used.

And they now want to spend zillions on a <deleted> bridge that nobody will use laugh.png .................rolleyes.gif

Street lights on one section of the lake have been out of order for years. Footpaths are now overgrown with weeds and bushes so they cannot be used.

And they now want to spend zillions on a <deleted> bridge that nobody will use laugh.png .................rolleyes.gif

Thais walk nowhere ... unless you put a ping pong vendor in the middle of the bridge.

Abnormal projects are ideal for opening up opportunities for better cream off the top. Road and similar projects are too easy for the slightly less bent bureaucrats/accountants to spot the gimme.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...