I've had it with yahoo mail.

chiangrai

I think your accusations are misdirected. I'm sure you'll find the problem is embedded in Firefox, not Yahoo. Personally I use Yahoo mail all the time and have no problems on any of my three computers.... and I love the latest version.

Some time ago I ditched Firefox and any problem that I DID have (as with other sites too) disappeared. Now I use Chrome or if problems occur, Opera.

• Like 1

I don't like Chrome because their addons page looks like a Mickey Mouse comic. I have addons with firefox that I can't find an equivalent for in Chrome. I imported my bookmarks to Chrome and I have a nice empty rectangle next to all my bookmark folders, meaning that half of them have disappeared off screen.

Anyway, why don't you get yourself a gmail address and tell Yahoo to direct all your emails to that address? That's what I did years ago and with time I am getting less and less mail from Yahoo, spam stays there.

• Like 1

I agree that Yahoo mail has been crap since the 'new' version came out!!!! It seems that the same people who built the ObamaCare website, built the new Yahoo!!!! Please, please can they do something about it!!! It's such a pain to switch email a/c's!!!!

Yahoo is terrible, went from the best email to the worst, I agree looks like the same people that did Obamacare. I am happy to switch, I use Chrome and want something compatible Chrome that I can import my 3,000 contacts and my groups or categories, any suggestions?

Hi ChatteRat,

I've got the Thunderbird on my Firefox.and my old yahoo.But I cant do much with my inbox.

My old spam is mixed up with and they are not ordered by date.I can't find my drafs and mostly anything else.

I would love to get it running but so I would love some tips.

If you want to keep your yahoo email account but don't want to use the interface, you could try an email client linked to the yahoo account. I use Thunderbird email client from Mozilla and very happy with it.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

Last time I used an email client with Yahoo! Mail was back when they offered POP mail for free - about 10 years ago!. When then started asking money to use POP mail on email clients by upgrading to Mail Plus I gave up and went to Gmail. Has anything changed since??

Firefox is just far too slow. I've all but given up on it except when nothing else is working.

You need to cleanup ff every so often. I use a ton of add-ins, every 6 months or so I have to re-install, I regularly try out new ones but when they're removed ff doesn't seem to clean it up well.

Just did it a few days ago, ff startup went from 15 sec to 3.

Installed add-ons one by one, no noticable performance hit, but after putting in my huge bookmarks collection and scrapbook it's up to six seconds, I can live with that. With all the mods and tweaks I have it'll be tough to adjust to just a plain ol' browser. I'll miss scrapbook when they let it go obsolete.

I use gmail, and recently started a new policy: I have the portableapps of version of chrome I use just for gmail, the way we used to have a separate mail tool. I have all the google privacy stuff tightened up, but I have little trust in the likes of google (or any of these entities). No more logging into the google-sphere from my workhorse browser. Every so often gmail asks me to give them my phone number for my own good -- yeah, right. Notices like that remind me to keep on my toes.

Yahoo has different rules in different countries. You may have a better chance of creating a yahoo account without already having an email address in a SEA country, whereas in the US they insist on one (or at least did a few months ago last time I tried). Also they want $$ to forward your email to outside of yahooland, but I recall setting this up while in Malaysia for no cost. I also recall yahoo mail not rendering its pages properly in ff sometimes, I think it's written for IE.

Edited by bendejo