Police battle protesters at Thai-Japanese Stadium

webfact

But what happens when the red shirts start protesting Sutheps good people council and they shoot rubber bullets?

When the red shirts protest they don't use tear gas and rubber bullets, they use grenades and live ammunition

This isn't about redshirts.

There have been several protests organized by the redshirts in the past 2 years, all of which were far more peaceful than what the Suthep/Democrat alliance has given Thailand.

• Like 2

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

Yes, these poor, poor protesters, are just trying to be peaceful. YEAH RIGHT

Free and fair elections?????

How long have you been in Thailand

Haha. Riot police battling students protesting AGAINST free and fair elections. Amazing Thailand indeed! The laughing stock of the world.

Not sure I would go that far. What is fair about buying votes in Isaan for a few hundred baht? I think if you were a hard working educated universitiy student and you saw a wealthy fugitive putting his sister in charge and running your future with 200 baht vote buying you would likely be a bit pissed off at the political process too!

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

facepalm.giflaugh.pngcheesy.gif

Yingluck government's brutality... That was a nice joke!

What are you laughing about? The government is composed of pople that sponsored and incited violence and arson back in the red riots. The burning of Bangkok has been officially deemed an act of terrorism. It even contains one very unsavory character that is inextricably linked to the string of Bangkok bombings with a very clear financial money trail to prove it.

Oh I get it. This thread really is about 2010 and not the police battling protestors at Thai-Japanese Stadium to prevent candidates registering for democratic elections. Right?

Tear gas is still on at the Bangkok Youth Center (Thai-Japan)

BANGKOK: -- Anti-riot police continued to disperse angry protesters trying to storm into the Gymnasium 2 Hall inside the Bangkok Youth Center(Thai-Japan) to obstruct the election registration and lot drawing with tear gas and water cannons.

The battle started at about 7.00 a.m. and until 9.30 a.m. it is still on.

At press time, EC officials said they have finished the lot drawing to pick party numbers with a total 30 parties qualified for lot drawing. Chart Pattana party picked No 1 while Pheu Thai received No 15 from lot drawing.

Now they are going to leave the hall but could not do so when it was blocked by protesters who are fighting back with bottles and rocks.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tear-gas-still-bangkok-youth-centerthai-japan/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-26

But what happens when the red shirts start protesting Sutheps good people council and they shoot rubber bullets?
History talk... They use real bullets against the reds...

History talk... The reds used Rocket Propelled Grenades and automatic weapons when they weren't blowing up an apartment building in Nonthaburi with their inept bomb making.

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

that's the definition of government - forcing your political views on others. Life.

are you a certified nut case? it was NOT yingluk or her party that tried to break down the gates! READ, READ the story and inform yourself so that youy will not appear to be just another ill informed falang!

And it was not Suthep and Abhisit who burnt down a large swathe of central Bangkok yet people are still calling them murderers.....READ READ what happeened in 2010 and inform yourself and see the difference. The protestors have no guns, no bombs, no swords, aren't burning tyres and making sharp pointy stick bamboo barricades, they aren't closing down the shopping district and preventing businesses from operating, they aren't bombing people's houses etc etc...This is civil disobedience, NOT RIOTING and TERRORISM like the red fools did. They just don't want another Thaksin rigged election as it is a complete waste of time ''Oh oh they know they will lose'' - yes because Thaksin has his cronies fix it so he can't lose. His parties were banned for electoral fraud 3 times ! WAKE UP !

You make a good point. The futility of banning people because you don't like their ideas. You can't ban a political party. That is an exercise destined to fail. You have to beat them at the polls or you don't beat them at all. The yellow shirts got more money than the red shirts. Why don't they buy the votes? Maybe because they are not for sale.cheesy.gif. It don't take a weather man to tell which way the wind is blowing.

• Like 1

Haha. Riot police battling students protesting AGAINST free and fair elections. Amazing Thailand indeed! The laughing stock of the world.

Well in truth all countries are like this only methods differ according to their level of education!! In the US they have lobbyists to change laws for the 1%... Democracy, Plutocracy...etc....

• Like 1

History talk... They use real bullets against the reds...

History talk... The reds used Rocket Propelled Grenades and automatic weapons when they weren't blowing up an apartment building in Nonthaburi with their inept bomb making.

Is this thread really about 2010? Must be because this is another post on the same subject. How many now?

POLITICS
CAPO defends use of tear gas

BANGKOK: -- Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) on Thursday defended police's use of tear gas at anti-government protesters who tried to force into a stadium to prevent registration of candidates for the Feb 2 election.

chief Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said in a special televised programme that police have no choice but to protect the government’s properties as well as rights of others.

Surapong, also foreign minister, was saying after police started firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesters at about 7.20am as the registration was about to start at 9am.

Surapong said police had used full restraints in dealing with the protest as they understood the protesters’ use of rights in demonstrating their opposition.

However the government and police could no longer tolerate their illegal activities as the country has laws that should be respected by all people.

He insisted that the handling of the situation met the international standard and restricted to the laws and soft.

However Nation reporters at the scene reported that police announced only one warning for the protesters before firing the tear gas.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-26

• Like 1

Inflammatory insult posts and replies have been removed.

A post in which the quoted text had been altered has been removed:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Other comments on moderation have been removed.

Time to stop the BS!!

Supporters of Suthep still want to convince us, that this is the middleclass in a peaceful demonstration??

More like a ultra-national "rent-a-mob"

More sad than the Thais behaving like idiots, is that you got posters here applauding the fascist "sturmers"bah.gif

I often wondered how Hitler could get away with it, and now I see a repeat before my very eyes!!

If you read all the words you will see that these are students and not Suthep's team.

These actions are of the type that could have prevented Hitler's Reich and may prevent the total dominance of Thailand by one family

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

how "great" are the majority when their votes can be bought for 500B a pop.

I don't support the yellow shirts, but I do support democracy, and let's be honest, Thailand doesn't have one, and probably never did.

Solution - no idea.

There was a really good academic analysis of the claims of vote buying in the Bangkok Post a couple of weeks back. Effectively it determined that vote buying didn't work. It was and is a nonsense, and did not affect the elections in any meaningful way.

And Father Christmas comes down the chimney at 5 billion homes

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The population of Thailand is 66 million (a conservative estimate because of disenfranchised and uncounted indiginous people who do not have Thai ID cards and cannot vote). Voter turnout in 2011 was 75%. That leaves a voting pool of 49 million and 500 thousand. The PT won 265 seats, and the Dems won 159. If votes were bought entireley by either party at 500 baht per we are talking about trillions of baht, literally trillions on either side. Even if someone claims that the vote buying was strategic, to tip the scales in divided districts, we are now only talking about billions of baht....

The math does not add up. Something is very fishy about this claim both sides are making about the other. Further, voting is private. If I liked one side and the other paid me I would not feel obligated to follow their orders once I was in the booth. Worse, posters at TV often refer to the honesty of Thai people as being suspect, and which degrades the argument about voters being bought even further....

I would propose it is not vote buying so much as vote counting that is suspicious, much less expensive to manipulate, and much more effective.

Why pay off an entire football team to throw a game when the referees would be much, much cheaper? Thais can count, and haggle like pros.

Just a thought...

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 2