Police battle protesters at Thai-Japanese Stadium

webfact

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each successive election has been more free and more fair. This has coincided with the development of populist policies by the incumbent government and it's predecessors that the old-school, perpetually losing Democrats and their ilk prefer to call 'vote buying'. They have a completely different perception on how the lower classes should be 'used' and their place in society.

Very well put. The only way to develop a democracy is via the ballot box. That is how societies develop. Let us not forget that whilst the US has by and large free elections, it was not always so. Until the 1960s Black voters in the South were effectively disenfranchised. A couple of decades earlier the horrendously corrupt NY Democratic machine rigged presidential elections. Harry Truman only became vice president because of corrupt practices at the convention, and so on.

Democracies develop and mob overthrow is not part of that process.

So the East Germans and the Polish were very wrong by overthrow their government.

Now we wait for the proof when finally the North Korean vote Kim out of office.....

Those were not elected governments. The comparison is not valid.

• Like 1

But what happens when the red shirts start protesting Sutheps good people council and they shoot rubber bullets?

When the red shirts protest they don't use tear gas and rubber bullets, they use grenades and live ammunition

This isn't about redshirts.

There have been several protests organized by the redshirts in the past 2 years, all of which were far more peaceful than what the Suthep/Democrat alliance has given Thailand.

Extend your flashback to 5 years, and you will have a pretty accurate picture of what the reds are able to do.

It is time to make these yellow thugs understand that occupying buildings, forcing their ways into government agencies and police headquarters, intimidating people and media, try to dictate their extremism upon the majority of people, shoot at peaceful red shirts, attack opponents, journalists and even a 10year old child... and much more, in order to destroy democracy... is criminal.

They should all be held responsible for bringing chaos, detained, and sent to rehabilitation smile.png

They should ALL be held responsible, going right back to the 90's. The methods of protest are the same, regardless of the color shirt they are wearing, but if you are going to call for THESE protestors to be held responsible, then I think it's only fair to go back and retroactively hold ALL protestors from previous events responsible also. Let's start with 2010 shall we?

If you don't mind I prefer to start with the (criminal) ones who set this trend, and vicious circle, of the mob rule: The yellow camp (and affiliate colors)... :D

If you insist to include those who shot unarmed red shirts in a temple (for example) in 2010, yes why not :P

The others (the reds and the defenders of democracy) have just been following the bad example of the yellows. They are not the ones to be blamed for bringing chaos in Thailand.

When, finally, we all thought that the mob rule was a thing of the past... No no no, the same yellows (and affiliated colors + the Dems) started again for one more round of irrational, intimidating, violent and illegal protests.

So, let's take care of these yellow (and affiliated colors) criminals first.

Detention and rehabilitation for a few years could do.

:rolleyes:

After, if there is some time left, we can have a look at what we can do regarding the others, who, at the end, only want a democratically elected government and their voice to be heard. Nothing that unusual in today's' society.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

You don't seem to know what is happening..."spotty bookworms" holy cow, what else to say.????????...

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

facepalm.giflaugh.pngcheesy.gif

Yingluck government's brutality... That was a nice joke!

What are you laughing about? The government is composed of pople that sponsored and incited violence and arson back in the red riots. The burning of Bangkok has been officially deemed an act of terrorism. It even contains one very unsavory character that is inextricably linked to the string of Bangkok bombings with a very clear financial money trail to prove it.

Not to mention the Tai Bak massacre and the war on drugs,that's nearly 3,000 lives lost.The burning down of City Halls at Udon Thani and Mudhakhan.

And correction its not Yinglucks government its her brothers and of that there is absolutely no doubt.

No, it is the people of Thailand's government - that's how democracy works. The Thai people are able to cast votes for whomever they like in a democracy. If TS is connected to one party, the people get to decide if they want to support that party. They did, whether you agree with it or not.

Once again - that is how democracy works.

• Like 1

Will NSPRT members' grade point average (GPA) begin to suffer due to poor classroom attendance?

The Network of Students and People for Reform (NSPRT) of Thailand appear to be one of the more militant branches of the anti-government movement. On video some of the NSPTR demonstrators do not resemble typical university students. Many seen engaging in criminal trespassing and vandalizing property appear more mature. Maybe they are graduate students or alumni. Maybe the use of the word “students” in NSPRT is meant to convey a sense of legitimacy or credibility - the nation's brightest altruistically ditching class to join the side of righteousness.

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

Too true.

It never ceases to amaze me how easily so many Thais can be led. I've seen it in my time here first by Big Brother and now by Little Hitler. I guess this national trait starts in school and continues because the chapter on thinking for yourself was somehow omitted from the official Thainess handbook.

• Like 2

It must be apparent to Yingluck and her government at this point that this election is not going well ! And it is really hard to see things improving once the registration process - such as it's been - is finished. There is a desperation on both sides. Pheu Thai desperately want this election, as they know that all reforms will inevitably pass through the prism of the Thaksin consciousness. The demonstrators don't want the election for the same reasons ! So there is surprising unanimity on that point. Both sides are well aware that true reform that excludes Thaksin will never be a part of this administration's agenda. So even if the election takes place, and Pheu Thai presumably sweeps every seat in the country, all of that remains not only unresolved, but solidified.

• Like 1

From now on, one warning should be sufficient. Waste of resources pandering to these thugs. One warning and if they don't withdraw, Tear gas, water cannon and the dogs. Need to send an unambiguous message

I'm sure you can give them some swastikas

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But Suthep's thugs are already wearing them.

As an aside, this shooting of a policeman would be the second time that these "students" have used weapons to kill or wound to further the Dear Leader's cause, but then Suthep is well known for ordering the gunning down of unarmed people.

• Like 1

Yes, these poor, poor protesters, are just trying to be peaceful. YEAH RIGHT

I see you weren't here in 2010. By the way, welcome to thailand, and enjoy your short term visit.

Amazing...you can see this person was not here sometime in the past. You must have incredible psycotic powers to see the past....<deleted> are you doing in Thailand! You should be in the US making millions with such powers. Edited by rct99q

Time to stop the BS!!

Supporters of Suthep still want to convince us, that this is the middleclass in a peaceful demonstration??

More like a ultra-national "rent-a-mob"

More sad than the Thais behaving like idiots, is that you got posters here applauding the fascist "sturmers"bah.gif

I often wondered how Hitler could get away with it, and now I see a repeat before my very eyes!!

its actually Taksin and his cronies who are more like Hitler and if you were not so blind you would clearly see Taksin's uses of his red thugs is exactly like Hitler's use of brown shirts and Red Shirt villages are very similar to Pol Pot's political education camps only those being politically educated red shirt and Taksin way live there. I should know I live n a red shirt village.

All this would go away and proper elections could be held if Taksin his puppet sister and clan simply stepped away and let Thailand move forward.

whatever you think this is not going to end until Takisn either wins total control and turns Thailand into his own one party state or he is finally defeated. I would choose Suphet any day over Taksin as would a large number of people. Taksin may be able to get again by money, bullying and other means a majority but until he goes their will be no peace.

And please don't give me this free and fair election crap. If yowl I've in a Thai village especially a red shirt one you vote as your told by head of village and his band of cronies or watch out. The people here simply believe and know how they vote can and is seen even though I have tried to explain to them this is not possible given their are no numbers or marks on ballet paper that could possibly link them and how they voted. Im told you don't understand or know being a forang. Thats of course few wed trust in our brave res shirt village and area to discuss anything outside the party line.

COme on up and see for yourself and you will see how democracy works here in Thailand. In cities and towns it is different but in country and villages which are totally controlled in north east by Taksin its as democratic as a Stalin communist election or any other dictators election. Pick any one Hitler, Mugabwie, Saddam, Gaddafi all elected in totally free and fair elections bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

I hope the powers at the top who run the military and the major institutions in Thailand can somehow reach an agreement to allow real elections which will of course re-elect the current ruling party and PM again.

A major move away from Democracy would result in economic and political disasters for Thailand and its people.

This problem needs to be settled not from the Reds but from inside the Yellows. The Yellows need to come to terms with what it means to have elected government. If they are not popular enough to be elected, they must change their stands to become more electable.

Certainly, ignoring the fact that 70% to 80% of the population still wants elections would be a major mistake if another coup were to take place.

One can read the international news and see that nations all over the globe would look down upon a move which would be very similar to what happened in Myanmar. The economy would suffer in a huge way and in the end, for what?

Thailand relies upon exports. Massive trade tariffs and finally trade blockades would ruin the nation economically.

Democracy always wins in the end. It is how things have gone in the past 200 years.

Thailand can do it with peace as was done in South Africa or with massive fighting or wars as was done in most other nations.

Americans killed each other in huge numbers in 1860-1865 civil war.

Germany had Hitler.

Italy Mussolini.

We know how it went in France.

Japan

Democracy ended up winning.

Fascism is so so old fashioned and it would be so so foolish to let it rule in Thailand in 2014.

Oh we have a dreamer! HELLO, wht ever country you come from, do you think that the government would not do the same thing?? Draw your own conclusions people, as for my humble 2 cents, they deserve it, damaging public property and trying to stop democracy. The same thing or worse would happen in Britian, the USA or Austrlalia and you call the police thugs. Have you not heard of the rule of LAW???? Think I'm talking to myself again...

From now on, one warning should be sufficient. Waste of resources pandering to these thugs. One warning and if they don't withdraw, Tear gas, water cannon and the dogs. Need to send an unambiguous message

I'm sure you can give them some swastikas

But Suthep's thugs are already wearing them.

As an aside, this shooting of a policeman would be the second time that these "students" have used weapons to kill or wound to further the Dear Leader's cause, but then Suthep is well known for ordering the gunning down of unarmed people.

I think I'll wait for a real judge and jury to deal with Suthep rather than you and your fascist kangaroo court.

The police have already maimed one of the protesters with their rubber bullets so let's see what happens there too because we must have justice

I live in a red shirt village as well. If you are trying to tell me you educating the locals on voting procedures then i have land you can own outright. Can you speak more than 3 words in Isaan?

Vote #1 for best post of 2013

Time for the police to use real bullets against the thugs of Suthep. If 32 parties show up for a registration and one fascist party that would not even win in Bangkok of the house registrations were based on were people truly lived and worked maximum violence will be allowed to protect democracy.

Thailand's people can't help the Democrats cannot win elections. They would not even have won the 1992 elections if Thaksin would not have been close to Chamlong and his friends.

In many countries they throw away the key when you disturb the working of a democracy. they should do so with Suthep too.

It is time to make these yellow thugs understand that occupying buildings, forcing their ways into government agencies and police headquarters, intimidating people and media, try to dictate their extremism upon the majority of people, shoot at peaceful red shirts, attack opponents, journalists and even a 10year old child... and much more, in order to destroy democracy... is criminal.

They should all be held responsible for bringing chaos, detained, and sent to rehabilitation smile.png

They should ALL be held responsible, going right back to the 90's. The methods of protest are the same, regardless of the color shirt they are wearing, but if you are going to call for THESE protestors to be held responsible, then I think it's only fair to go back and retroactively hold ALL protestors from previous events responsible also. Let's start with 2010 shall we?

If you don't mind I prefer to start with the (criminal) ones who set this trend, and vicious circle, of the mob rule: The yellow camp (and affiliate colors)... :D

If you insist to include those who shot unarmed red shirts in a temple (for example) in 2010, yes why not :P

The others (the reds and the defenders of democracy) have just been following the bad example of the yellows. They are not the ones to be blamed for bringing chaos in Thailand.

When, finally, we all thought that the mob rule was a thing of the past... No no no, the same yellows (and affiliated colors + the Dems) started again for one more round of irrational, intimidating, violent and illegal protests.

So, let's take care of these yellow (and affiliated colors) criminals first.

Detention and rehabilitation for a few years could do.

:rolleyes:

After, if there is some time left, we can have a look at what we can do regarding the others, who, at the end, only want a democratically elected government and their voice to be heard. Nothing that unusual in today's' society.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, I would prefer it if you took your head out of your ass and realized that the "yellows" are only doing what was deemed to be acceptable by the "reds" in previous protests.

If you want to perpetuate the myth that only "yellows" do bad things, then I fear you are seriously deluded.

ALL sides, no matter the color, do bad things, yet few are ever punished. If you believe that the "yellows" should be punished, fine, but at least admit that that same punishment should apply to any "reds" also.

BTW > you're showing how naive you are when you use terms such as "reds" and "yellows" to describe the differing sides in this context, this is so far beyond that with colors being only a part of the equation.

• Like 2

students = idiot school boys whose make street fight almost every day with any protesting.

And the best one I had luck to speak one of blindfold yellow farang yesterday.

He told this literally:

- people council with out election this is a totally democracy

- they have 40 Million supporters

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Time to stop the BS!!

Supporters of Suthep still want to convince us, that this is the middleclass in a peaceful demonstration??

More like a ultra-national "rent-a-mob"

More sad than the Thais behaving like idiots, is that you got posters here applauding the fascist "sturmers"bah.gif

I often wondered how Hitler could get away with it, and now I see a repeat before my very eyes!!

its actually Taksin and his cronies who are more like Hitler and if you were not so blind you would clearly see Taksin's uses of his red thugs is exactly like Hitler's use of brown shirts and Red Shirt villages are very similar to Pol Pot's political education camps only those being politically educated red shirt and Taksin way live there. I should know I live n a red shirt village.

All this would go away and proper elections could be held if Taksin his puppet sister and clan simply stepped away and let Thailand move forward.

whatever you think this is not going to end until Takisn either wins total control and turns Thailand into his own one party state or he is finally defeated. I would choose Suphet any day over Taksin as would a large number of people. Taksin may be able to get again by money, bullying and other means a majority but until he goes their will be no peace.

And please don't give me this free and fair election crap. If yowl I've in a Thai village especially a red shirt one you vote as your told by head of village and his band of cronies or watch out. The people here simply believe and know how they vote can and is seen even though I have tried to explain to them this is not possible given their are no numbers or marks on ballet paper that could possibly link them and how they voted. Im told you don't understand or know being a forang. Thats of course few wed trust in our brave res shirt village and area to discuss anything outside the party line.

COme on up and see for yourself and you will see how democracy works here in Thailand. In cities and towns it is different but in country and villages which are totally controlled in north east by Taksin its as democratic as a Stalin communist election or any other dictators election. Pick any one Hitler, Mugabwie, Saddam, Gaddafi all elected in totally free and fair elections bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

You really believe that stuff?

I think you fail to understand things.

The people in the North and Northeast no longer vote for Taksan or his sister.

They vote AGAINST the Yellows. I think you could run any Red and beat the Yellows in Thailand.

I think the hate for the Yellows is so strong up North that you could likely put a Pet Pig on the Ballet and they would vote for that pig over any YELLOW!

Such is politics.

It is not the man or woman at the top, it is the party.

You might not like the other side but to say they cannot vote because you do not like the way they vote is hardly very wise.

Time for the police to use real bullets against the thugs of Suthep. If 32 parties show up for a registration and one fascist party that would not even win in Bangkok of the house registrations were based on were people truly lived and worked maximum violence will be allowed to protect democracy.

Thailand's people can't help the Democrats cannot win elections. They would not even have won the 1992 elections if Thaksin would not have been close to Chamlong and his friends.

In many countries they throw away the key when you disturb the working of a democracy. they should do so with Suthep too.

"Time for the police to use real bullets against the thugs of Suthep."

You can't be serious?

7:20 am? I love the smell of teargas in the morning! Good to see the police standing up to the anti-democracy rioters.

What kind of heartless comment is this? Those people who got hurt are Thai too, they are human too!!!!!!!

Yeah right,

Hitler was a human too.

AND, like the yellows, he was a fascist.

So if we are human, we automatically get free ride to do any ignorant thing we want and get your sympathy?

NICE

• Like 1

Does this philosophy also apply to the current government? Ignoring the rule of law and threatening judges? I'm sure we could list a bunch of stuff the current government has done that is dodgy.

Cuts both ways.