Jomtien food

Fabulousheart

I am renting a condo at view Talay in Jomtien for a few months. What are recommendations for every day food at good price. I know high end Bruno's and several other high end for occasional dining. I a,m looking for really good Thai food, hamburgers, pizza, breakfast etc on a daily go to place.

Surf Kitchen on the beach road at Soi 5...

There is also a restaurant - the name escapes me - adjacent to the Immigration office on Soi 5.

Both have pretty decent food at reasonable prices...

Edited by WaywardWind

There are some very good Thai places in the Rompho market opposite Soi 5 on 2nd Road. They all change in the morning/afternoon/evening so there is a wide selection throughout the day. I often go there.

For a buffet breakfast the Denmark Hotel and the Cowboy Bar are both good in different ways. Two sois down from Soi 5 on Beach Road.

I never eat hamburgers but I do quite like the 100B fish and chips in the Jolly/Golden Friar near the junction of Dongtan and Beach Rd.

I find the food industry in Jomtien to really lack compared to what is available in Pattaya.

Have been living in Pattaya, have been living in Jomtien (for a few years), and I still drive all the way to Pattaya for food.

No matter what you're looking for.

Jomtien: very little choice at night

Pattaya: 24h food available

Thai food?

Jomtien: small portions, not really as tasty as what's offered in Pattaya. E.g. this restaurant on Soi Buakhao (near the 2 jewelry stores) that offers huge portions for 80bahts and really really good.

Western food?

Jomtien: that'll be on the beach, super expensive, and with mosquitoes...

"hamburgers, pizza": no such thing here, available for delivery from Pattaya, but otherwise you'll have to drive to Pattaya.

• Like 2

I find the food industry in Jomtien to really lack compared to what is available in Pattaya.

Have been living in Pattaya, have been living in Jomtien (for a few years), and I still drive all the way to Pattaya for food.

No matter what you're looking for.

Jomtien: very little choice at night

Pattaya: 24h food available

Thai food?

Jomtien: small portions, not really as tasty as what's offered in Pattaya. E.g. this restaurant on Soi Buakhao (near the 2 jewelry stores) that offers huge portions for 80bahts and really really good.

Western food?

Jomtien: that'll be on the beach, super expensive, and with mosquitoes...

"hamburgers, pizza": no such thing here, available for delivery from Pattaya, but otherwise you'll have to drive to Pattaya.

This is nonsense.

As other posters have pointed out:

Kiss

Jolly Friar - the cod is very good

Surf Kitchen

Denmark and Cowboy for breakfast

Rompho Market

Additionally, you can grab a burger at Just Burgers on Beach Road although I think the grilled chicken there is much better. There's a decent pizza place (never been there but heard from others) on the Soi adjacent (south) to Rompho Market.

There's an Italian place over the hill, right side heading into Pattaya from Jomtien, called Buondi or something like that. Pretty good value.

A nice coffee shop is Sketchbook Cafe and right across the street is I'd say very good coffee at 99 Espresso. They have good breakfasts too. Linda's is just south of 99 and on the same side of the street and has excellent value breakfasts.

Directly across from Star Beach Condos on Pratumnak on a side soi between sois 4 and 5 is a little unnamed Thai joint, outstanding food! They are only open in the daytime.

There's a newish night market on Beach Road near Soi 9 that's geared towards Russians, but there are many food stalls. Try the pork loin, it's 40 baht for 100 grams.

Jomtien isn't Pattaya but there's no need to go into town for every meal. Explore a bit.

• Like 2

I live in Jomtien. Pattaya is MUCH better for Thai food, quality and value. That's excepting if you go far out Jomtien beach road for the places that cater to Bangkok Thais. I agree Surf Kitchen is "OK" but if I lived in Pattaya, I would NEVER go there. Even in Pattaya, you're often better off going INLAND away from the tourist areas for the better flavor and value.

I really can't imagine anyone who is really into Thai food not to come to the same conclusion. Now if you think Kiss is good Thai food, never mind!

There are some good non-Thai places in Jomtien that compete well with Pattaya joints, such as La Bocca (though overpriced).

https://www.facebook.com/LaBoccaPattaya

In conclusion, if you're really into food and staying in Jomtien, plan on frequent trips into Pattaya ...

I believe the discussion is about Jomtien, not Jomtien vs. Pattaya. Several places were mentioned, Kiss does have a few decent dishes: American breakfast cooked to spec, pan-fried red snapper, and the fried chicken breast are all perfectly acceptable.

I do not like the ++ at LaBocca as it is not advertised on the menu, or at least it didn't used to be. The food is good there, I will give them that.

Sam's has a good owner, he'll do what he can to make sure the guests are happy. I'll have to try the breakfast there.

Edited by kicking

The OP said explicitly he was looking for REALLY GOOD Thai food. Not just OK, not just acceptable ... REALLY GOOD. Sorry, that isn't easy to find in inner Jomtien at any price. Also of course in Thailand high price and high quality are not directly linked.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

If I lived in Pattaya I cannot think of any restaurant I would make a special trip to visit here in Jomtien except nicer places like Mata Hari, Cafe des Amis, Au bon Coin and few more. Conversely, there is absolutely no need to make a special trip to Pattaya for basic dining pleasure..... totally unnecessary. There are plenty of basic food places to eat here. Others have given you a few good choices and as mentioned most Pattaya restaurants will deliver to your Jomtien condo. I will add Continental Bakery to the list for breakfast and Rich Man Poor Man (Soi 9) for dinner. Thai food?..... do like a Thai, Rompo Market (Soi 5). Surf Kitchen is okay too. Don't waste your time and money, there are no delicious hamburgers in Jomtien.

I agree with Jingthing here. It is very hard to find really good Western food here. Some Thai food is good .

Much more likely is that you will feel ripped off on a random western food meal in Jomtien. On the other hand, Rich Man , Poor Man also does some things quite well and Simon's fish n chips is worth a visit.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Best steak I have ever had in Thailand was at "Eagle House" guest house & Restaurant on soi 4 Jomtien beach rd. On soi 5 is Eagle Bar but they are the same, you can enter either way.

Steak with all the fixings I think might be 350 baht now.

Farang food try Rich man Poor man soi 9 on the beach..Small place that has a New York Chef at fair prices..

I second that emotion

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Just a pity that Eddie is the proprietor. He's another Basil Faulty.

Edited by giddyup

Going a bit further The Wolfhound Pratumnak 4 good breakfast for 100 baht with proper sausage and the diner next to The Lounge on Pratumnak 3 150 for a bigger portion - Also a very good Toad in the Hole.

I agree with Jingthing here. It is very hard to find really good Western food here. Some Thai food is good .

Much more likely is that you will feel ripped off on a random western food meal in Jomtien. On the other hand, Rich Man , Poor Man also does some things quite well and Simon's fish n chips is worth a visit.

i am at rich man poor man per recomendation on soi 9 the chips are very good. The meatloaf special is not memorable, the vegetables where steamed only with no seasoning. Here is the kicker the bill is 320 b and I could have gone to a better quality restaurant for the money. There is no air con on and a fly lands on me about every 30 seconds
  • Like 2

i am at rich man poor man per recomendation on soi 9 the chips are very good. The meatloaf special is not memorable, the vegetables where steamed only with no seasoning. Here is the kicker the bill is 320 b and I could have gone to a better quality restaurant for the money. There is no air con on and a fly lands on me about every 30 seconds

I had that there once. Their meatloaf style with the tomato sauce on top can be pleasing to Americans as memory comfort food. Agree about the veg. I am not a regular there but have been somewhat impressed with their homemade American soups.

I had that there once. Their meatloaf style with the tomato sauce on top can be pleasing to Americans as memory comfort food. Agree about the veg. I am not a regular there but have been somewhat impressed with their homemade American soups.

Not had the meatloaf only chili, breakfast, wings and I think meatballs. Speak to Eddie as he always tries to put things right - even if it means fighting with the staff !!