3 Thai Men Sexually assault 2 Russian Women at knife point

Rimmer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My second call would have been to the local Russian Mafia, they have a way of dealing with this I am sure !!

This can be a dangerous country if you hang out in the wrong places with the wrong people.

World wide there is no excuse for the way women are treated. By the way, I am a man who was taught to respect women, even if they did not respect me, just walk away !!

Jerry

You have the address of the Russian Mafia? They only care about their profits. Get a clue!

• Like 1

My second call would have been to the local Russian Mafia, they have a way of dealing with this I am sure !!

This can be a dangerous country if you hang out in the wrong places with the wrong people.

By mafia you mean organized crime organisation, yes?

There is no such thing as Russian mafia in Pattaya, or anywhere else in Thailand.

There are some businesses, that are run by Russians, that does not make them members of mafia. They make payments in order to operate here, just like every other business owners do.

The Russian women will get help from police, this a serious crime and very bad publicity. If it was a rape, and not transaction gone wrong, Pattaya police will make an effort to find these 3 Thai men. Russian crime victims are not ignored in Pattaya, most other nationalities crime victims are not a concern for Pattaya bib.

But something may be not right here. With hotel security cams, check in ID, these 3 would be found by now, if police would take this seriously.

Edited by valgehiir

Poor ladies, lives put on hold and potentially ruined...

The young ppl here (20ish) better seriously smarten up as I'm part of another social network where many in this age group do some outrageously risky stuff here in Thailand.

Edited by Friendly Stranger

So many guys commented on this story,without knowing much about Russian ladies.They are a lot different than west European or American ladies.Those girls weren't prostitutes.Russians girls love to drink.Anyone who looks young and decent and offers them a free drinks, they will be a willing souls.They were expecting to get a good time with this Thai boys.If the Thais didn't hit them and pooled a knife on them,they wouldn't have a problem scoring.How sad.

Sorry for the mistake:I meant pulled a knife on them,not pooled a knife :(

...reverting back to the dark ages....???

...look around....rap...break dancing...punk....anything form 30-40 years ago in the rest of the world is 'new' here...and Thais invented it, by the way...

...not to 'bash'...but this is the reality...infrastructure...thrown over a jungle...with uneducated masses....

..all suffering from the delusion of their 'greatness'.....60 million people on a speck of land....xenophobic and racist.....

...for the record....there is a lot I like here...but not the hostility and injustice directed to foreigners.......

...as for Thai men and Western women.....I had a Thai taxi driver talk to me about women....when he began about 'foreign women'....it was scary.....

...he had a crazed look in his eye.....he was literally salivating....he was beside himself...he even had to stop the car by the side of the road.....

...I just smiled weakly...but I was shocked...speechless....petrified....

(All I can say is that I was born and raised in Montreal...English..French..Greek.Italian..Irish..Dutch..Slavic countries..German..African...and practically any other Nationality you can think of....aside from the French and English tension which dates back over 400 years....nobody was ever singled out....)

The problem here in Thailand is ALL NON-THAI are singled out.....targets...victims....with no recourse....and NOTHING civil is ever done to change things

Never mind the HUGE monetary contribution of tourists and foreign companies....

(Where would Thailand be without the car industry for example.....but the Japanese are mocked behind their backs for being fools....)

Fault a man for wanting a woman.....with the women taught from an early age to 'play' them...with those sick pageants..

..the end result is those girls grow up...and with nothing the country can offer them.

..this multi-faceted 'unofficial industry' (lure the foreign man and dupe him of all you can) has evolved....

..the flipside is we are unwelcome guests and as far as the Thai man is concerned....we are to blame....and must be taught a lesson.....

...and with no laws or repercussions or moral guidance....this free-for-all has ensconced itself....

..from stabbings...to murders...to 'suicides' off balconies or a hard, cold, bathroom floor....

...the Westerners...alcohol...drugs.....sex......and worse..... all served to them on a platter...by Thais....

..and the price...insult..ridicule...slander...entrapment....coercion...all they have...all they own..their pensions...their children's inheritance... their lives...

...and for the women....any form of indignity they can be subjected to....rape...kidnapping...stabbing...murder.....

(I would still like someone to try to get an update on a Russian (?) woman who was found wandering in the wilderness several months ago....)

...because they can't understand the language they deem her drunk or drugged or crazy...then throw her in prison or an asylum...???

....to me it sounded like she has been kept prisoner and abused...and escaped...scared out of her mind...wandering the forest....

(....the 'culture card'...here and anywhere in the world....always works in Thais' favour....and they are always right..and faultless..)

...scary delusion.....

(...in this midst....I struggle, dodging the minefields...stranded like many others...trying to hold on to my daughters...all I have left...)

...all you hi-so...high rollers...with your condescending remarks...keep them to yourselves...if you don't care an iota about right/wrong or your fellow man...

....you are the poorest of us all...

(...trusting someone...marrying them..or similar...being betrayed...lied to...robbed...is not a crime...the crime was committed by the other party...)

...and if you trivialize it because you still have assets and a balance in you bank accounts...I hope you get a good taste of it one day....

That must be some good stuff you are on. Should be in the race for most bizarre post of 2013............

• Like 2

By experience I would rather think that the real story here is that the two Russian women went to the Thai guys room expecting to be paid for their services, and that is why they took the risk of going to the room-but it didnt happen-the tables were turned-why else would any sane woman go to any strangers room,especially three strangers.The story that is printed here would be the Gohok version to gain sympathy from the police.Prostitutes are a very wiley breed,especially experienced girls and they are sometimes very confident that they can control any man,which I would say normally they can,at least until his semen has been released, then it may be another story.

I think, you are right.

Mixx disco is famous place where Russian girls meet their customers.

• Like 1

The blame is always put on women for doing the "wrong" thing. Some girls let some boys into their room and got raped--it's the girls' fault for letting boys into their room in the first place. I hope one day this double standard will stop being used to blame victims.

As a 'pupil barrister', I oversaw numerous cases in the UK where girls reported having been raped, and it was clear that there were many cases where women were simply "crying wolf" to get back at someone who had spurned them; however, with a background in law and psychology, I truly believe that I was able to readily identify the "sincere" from the "woman scorned".

There is no doubt that amongst the real cases of rape, there are also malicious cases that are pursued, but I can assure you that in all cases, there is invariably an element of revenge or recompense for some embarrassment caused to the complainant.

I find it difficult to apply any maliciousness in the claims of these ladies, since there is no evidence of any prior relationship between them and the accused.

Even if, as has been suggested by some posters, these ladies were providing services "for sale" (despite the fact that this is considered to be an illegal activity in Thailand), there can be no excuse for anyone forcing themselves on any other human being.

If these "gentlemen" had indeed lured the ladies to their room with the sole purpose of raping them, then they should face the full extent of the law, as depicted in some of the earlier posts.

Agreed. Every female, whether somebody's sister or a prostitute, has the right to say"No." And the matter should stop there. In Oz, even if my wife and I are both stark-naked, the law states that as soon as she says "No", I will respect her decision.

• Like 1

May have been a commercial transaction that went bad..."persuaded" with what one wonders...sweet talk...some folding stuff? It's reported the women went with the men to "drink" voluntarily and later in the room the encounter turned violent. If the facts are as reported here then a crime may have been committed and one hopes the perpetrators are caught and delt with according to law.

You mean the guys didn't offer them enough for the phones they took?

Raped and robbed at knife-point, there are some desperate characters out there.

I am beginning to join the negative image of Pattaya.

They will catch these guys.

• Like 1

By experience I would rather think that the real story here is that the two Russian women went to the Thai guys room expecting to be paid for their services, and that is why they took the risk of going to the room-but it didnt happen-the tables were turned-why else would any sane woman go to any strangers room,especially three strangers.The story that is printed here would be the Gohok version to gain sympathy from the police.Prostitutes are a very wiley breed,especially experienced girls and they are sometimes very confident that they can control any man,which I would say normally they can,at least until his semen has been released, then it may be another story.

I would not dispute what you say here, because in normal circumstances girls would not go to a room with 3 guys they only just met. Also the girls could have been inebriated and not in full control of their senses. But that`s assuming that the details of this case have been reported accurately, which somehow I doubt.

Problem is that the full actuate details are rarely published in these reports and as usual I doubt whether there will be any updates or follow ups given with this case, so in fact we don`t know and can only make assumptions, meaning that all these theories are based on pure speculation, because we are simply not told and don`t know.

May have been a commercial transaction that went bad..."persuaded" with what one wonders...sweet talk...some folding stuff? It's reported the women went with the men to "drink" voluntarily and later in the room the encounter turned violent. If the facts are as reported here then a crime may have been committed and one hopes the perpetrators are caught and delt with according to law.

Nothing unique here...rapes and robberies happen everywhere on a daily basis. If these women were victims of this crime, one hopes the suspect will be caught and punished according to law. Sorry to hear you're developu g a negative image if Pattaya, but judging pataya by the goings on in and around d walking street is lime judging San Francisco by looking at the Tenderloin district.

God "gopis" what a twisted little mind! People do come to Thailand for a holiday! The ladies probably thought the guys were straight up...sure sex was probably on their agenda, but happy happy not at the point of a knife? With some Thai men it's probably the only way they can get it up " this is how I do it with the wife". sad.pngwai.gif

Nothing unique here...rapes and robberies happen everywhere on a daily basis. If these women were victims of this crime, one hopes the suspect will be caught and punished according to law. Sorry to hear you're developu g a negative image if Pattaya, but judging pataya by the goings on in and around d walking street is lime judging San Francisco by looking at the Tenderloin district.

Not everywhere......

I think it is fair to look more negatively on Pattaya based on events occurring ever more frequently in the one area that is actually patrolled by the police at night. If they can't keep it safe there, like on Fisherman's wharf, where can one be safe?

Edited by jacko45k

...reverting back to the dark ages....???

...look around....rap...break dancing...punk....anything form 30-40 years ago in the rest of the world is 'new' here...and Thais invented it, by the way...

...not to 'bash'...but this is the reality...infrastructure...thrown over a jungle...with uneducated masses....

..all suffering from the delusion of their 'greatness'.....60 million people on a speck of land....xenophobic and racist.....

...for the record....there is a lot I like here...but not the hostility and injustice directed to foreigners.......

...as for Thai men and Western women.....I had a Thai taxi driver talk to me about women....when he began about 'foreign women'....it was scary.....

...he had a crazed look in his eye.....he was literally salivating....he was beside himself...he even had to stop the car by the side of the road.....

...I just smiled weakly...but I was shocked...speechless....petrified....

(All I can say is that I was born and raised in Montreal...English..French..Greek.Italian..Irish..Dutch..Slavic countries..German..African...and practically any other Nationality you can think of....aside from the French and English tension which dates back over 400 years....nobody was ever singled out....)

The problem here in Thailand is ALL NON-THAI are singled out.....targets...victims....with no recourse....and NOTHING civil is ever done to change things

Never mind the HUGE monetary contribution of tourists and foreign companies....

(Where would Thailand be without the car industry for example.....but the Japanese are mocked behind their backs for being fools....)

Fault a man for wanting a woman.....with the women taught from an early age to 'play' them...with those sick pageants..

..the end result is those girls grow up...and with nothing the country can offer them.

..this multi-faceted 'unofficial industry' (lure the foreign man and dupe him of all you can) has evolved....

..the flipside is we are unwelcome guests and as far as the Thai man is concerned....we are to blame....and must be taught a lesson.....

...and with no laws or repercussions or moral guidance....this free-for-all has ensconced itself....

..from stabbings...to murders...to 'suicides' off balconies or a hard, cold, bathroom floor....

...the Westerners...alcohol...drugs.....sex......and worse..... all served to them on a platter...by Thais....

..and the price...insult..ridicule...slander...entrapment....coercion...all they have...all they own..their pensions...their children's inheritance... their lives...

...and for the women....any form of indignity they can be subjected to....rape...kidnapping...stabbing...murder.....

(I would still like someone to try to get an update on a Russian (?) woman who was found wandering in the wilderness several months ago....)

...because they can't understand the language they deem her drunk or drugged or crazy...then throw her in prison or an asylum...???

....to me it sounded like she has been kept prisoner and abused...and escaped...scared out of her mind...wandering the forest....

(....the 'culture card'...here and anywhere in the world....always works in Thais' favour....and they are always right..and faultless..)

...scary delusion.....

(...in this midst....I struggle, dodging the minefields...stranded like many others...trying to hold on to my daughters...all I have left...)

...all you hi-so...high rollers...with your condescending remarks...keep them to yourselves...if you don't care an iota about right/wrong or your fellow man...

....you are the poorest of us all...

(...trusting someone...marrying them..or similar...being betrayed...lied to...robbed...is not a crime...the crime was committed by the other party...)

...and if you trivialize it because you still have assets and a balance in you bank accounts...I hope you get a good taste of it one day....

That must be some good stuff you are on. Should be in the race for most bizarre post of 2013............

What a relief hanno.............i thought it was only me that did'nt know what in the hell he was on about. Thanks mate !

Not everywhere......

I think it is fair to look more negatively on Pattaya based on events occurring ever more frequently in the one area that is actually patrolled by the police at night. If they can't keep it safe there, like on Fisherman's wharf, where can one be safe?

You're right...because nobody has ever been robbed or raped at fishermans wharf and the job of the police is to stop and prevent all crimes.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?id=8516845

http://www.trulia.com/crime/San_Francisco,CA,Fisherman's_Wharf/

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

valgehiir was being sarcastic because he is apparently upset anyone would offer alternative theories about why seven men would give a farang a beating and sees them as apologists.

For the record, whatever may have caused the seven to beat the man does not justify it but it might explain why.

After reading all of the posts on that incident, I would disagree that "half the posters there say he deserved" being beaten. Some may have but many did offer suggestions as to why it may have happened. There is a difference.

Either that or they're just apologists and members of the 'Thais can do no wrong against farangs' Club. Perhaps you're a charter member?

Please, how do you get that from what I said? If you want to be objective you have to ask questions until a full accounting is made. Until then, everything that is said is open to debate and inquiry. Are you a member of the "All Thais are evil subhuman" Club? I don't subscribe to either side, I just want the truth and the truth often takes time and it really requires an open mind, wouldn't you say?

valgehiir was being sarcastic because he is apparently upset anyone would offer alternative theories about why seven men would give a farang a beating and sees them as apologists.

For the record, whatever may have caused the seven to beat the man does not justify it but it might explain why.

After reading all of the posts on that incident, I would disagree that "half the posters there say he deserved" being beaten. Some may have but many did offer suggestions as to why it may have happened. There is a difference.

You say there is no justification for 7 men beating an unarmed tourist, using steel bars. But there may be explanation.

No, there is no explanation.

There is no explanation to why men commit rape, and group of 7 men beating an unarmed tourist.

Explaining why 7 men attacked one tourist, and were using steel bars to beat him is justifying their action. There cant be an explanation. The explanation is that they saw an opportunity to kick the s**t out of a foreigner. You say there may be an alternative theory. What is the alternative, please? That he was rude to them? Speculating what may have led to this assault, saying they have had good reason to attack is justifying their action.

Just as expaining what led 3 men to rape these women last night, is justyfing it. Explanation may be that these men were horny.

Sorry to disagree. There is almost always an explanation for everything.

The farang's explanation for damaging the ATM may have been that it had taken his card and he couldn't get it back. That explains why but it doesn't justify what he did. The taxi drivers may have beaten the farang because he was cursing at them. That explains why but it doesn't justify what they did.

This is the difference between the two. An explanation sometimes leads to justification but in this case it does not. Some people do not want to know why and don't care why and I think that is where you are coming from in this case. But don't think I am excusing violent behavior just because I want to have an explanation.

I have just received a warning for saying bad things about Thai people. Sorry if any of my comments offended anyone. You have most sincere apologies it is within the rules that. 8. No derogatory things can be said about Thais or Thailand.

I have every faith that the police will be able to catch these guys and justice will be done.

sounds very very very fishy...i would bet on the lie....russian woman dont do anything for free,i think is more to this story....or less...

How many russian ladies do you know? How can you even come up with such a comment?

OK, Inspector Clouseau, Please tell us what you think happened?

the girls were raped so obviously there was a crime commited. of course you will understand little of the ways of women so i must forgive your ignorant speculation

No evidence as of yet. One should not be so quick to believe everything a woman says. It doesn't happen much, but it happens nonetheless:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20131217/NEWS01/312170088/DSU-student-who-cleared-rape-charges-sues-school

it was not clear. and certainly not subtle. if most people reading dont get it then it has lost its intent.

There is a difference between 'not clear enough sarcasm on the internet' (which is fair enough) and 'still not getting it after the author has clarified his position atleast 3 times', which suggests a mild reading comprehension disorder. Something I think you have.

quite simpley, i didn't read his subsequent posts. i responded to the post in question. so watch your tone with your slanderous statements

Edited by jonesthebaker

No, there is no explanation.

There is no explanation to why men commit rape, and group of 7 men beating an unarmed tourist.

Explaining why 7 men attacked one tourist, and were using steel bars to beat him is justifying their action. There cant be an explanation.

Just as expaining what led 3 men to rape these women last night, is justyfing it. Explanation may be that these men were horny.

Sorry to disagree. There is almost always an explanation for everything.

Can you explain why 3 Thai men raped 2 Russian women at knife point, please?

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"was notified from Ms. A (alias), aged 22 and Ms. B (alias), aged 24, Russian nationality, that they were deceived and raped by 3 Thai men"

Interesting information - why not add Mr. X, Mr. Y and Mr. Z ?coffee1.gif

Someone is probably being paid per word/has a quota. Counts more than "2 women ages 22 and 24" ;-)

Are the cops looking at the room registration, taking finger prints in the room, or reviewing CCTV footage from walking street/room building etc.?

Don't be silly. Unless they are pushed hard to catch the guys, they won't do much of anything.

Are the cops looking at the room registration, taking finger prints in the room, or reviewing CCTV footage from walking street/room building etc.?

Hold On that's World Best Practise for Investigations of Violent Crime ....This is Pattaya

Seriously though .scuttlebutt is that they had 2 suspects in Custody very quickly. Don't know , just heard.

coffee1.gif

I feel sorry for the ladies but going back to a room with strangers does not seem a very good idea.

I want to say they should be safe, but reality is they are not. Another day I would say they were stupid. Too bad you can't trust Thais as tourist, like you could in another time (or place)

What I don't understand is that they could buy a street girl for pocket change, yet they risk jail or worse?