Sometimes, In Thailand, You Just Gots To Smile

MrGaoMungGawn

Hi Thailand Friends!

Being the Christmas season, I must share another uplifting event which happened to me about 30 minutes ago - not of the uplifting my thing variety, which you were probably thinking about, but this:

There I was walking back home from a visit to the local market, and I had passed a few stores, and I had thought I was minding my own business, and that I was not sticking out like s sore thumb, and that no one in particular was paying any attention to me.

Then, all of a sudden, I hear someone yelling at me and running after me, and this drew a large (10 - 15) congregation of onlookers, sort of staring and smiling, probably wondering what was going on this evening.

This chaser, a young girl of course, finally caught up to me and began telling me I had forgotten something, and it seems I had forgotten some gas. Then it hit me, I don't drive a rot, nor ride moto-sai, and I don't carry propane for my nonexistent camping stove, this girl must be nuts! YOUR GAS, YOUR GAS, YOU FORGOT YOUR GAS!!!!!

OK, already, so I walked back to the store she seemed to have come out of, and it turned out the more she talked that I must have forgotten a glass of some sort. You mean a MUG, says I ??? Yes! A black gas!, says she!

Then, of course it occurred to me that last time I went into that store I had been drinking a Lambpang ceramic mug of green tea, and she must have told people outside her store that if any farang came by that looked like me (and how she described me, who knows) that everyone was supposed to run after me, until they caught me, and return my GAS!.

OK, and it was then time to break out my broken Thai language skills and try to thank everyone profusely.

All the way home, I walked with a huge smile, and recalled all the other times that many fantastically thoughtful nice things had happened to me in the so-called land of smiles, which it really is.

--------------

It is the holiday season, and time for us to thank others for the many blessings we have received during our visit, be it lengthy or not.

Why not post a few thoughts here to let the Local Kon Thai know we do appreciate being able to live in a land as wonderful as this.

Sure as anything, I am grateful. No Fng Joke!

And, I keep thinking that I like to read on TVF from others their positive thoughts about the gifts they have received from people here. These thoughts are not posted often enough for my likeing, and I personally have so many stories of people who have helped me or made my life happier that I could not post them all in a week.

Happy Holidays and A Better 2014 than 2013.

There is always room for improvement.

• Like 1

Nonsensical trolling:

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Closed