Thai government to ask army to secure election

webfact

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"My wife says....."

If I'd wanted to say that I would have married a Thai by now.

If I'd wanted to hear what some fahlang's wife said to him to say to another farang, I'd have asked.

Since I've done neither, I would ask that Thai wives of fahlangs write letters to the newspaper or take out a full page ad.

I'm just not at all interested in what some fahlang's wife says that is entirely predictable anyway. I gave up on this place some time ago, and now a lot of Thais are giving up on it too.

It really doesn't matter who proposed them .

It matters if the wrong entity is identified. Do you have a problem with accuracy in posting?

It really doesn't matter who proposed them.

Gotcha. To he11 with accuracy.

Umm, no .. I was trying to point out the irrelevancy in the point. In a Democratic process the voters get to decide whether who proposed them matters, not you.

What a huge stretch you make. I never said I decide.

If you think pumpuiman's point is irrelevant, you should reply to him.

If you think correcting his inaccuracy is irrelevant, then uhmm, ok.

Please read the post before replying. I was simply trying to point out the democratic process to you. It seems to confuse you. You are implying that there is something wrong with the fact that TS' associates may have (or may not have) put names forward. That is their right.

That's how democracy and the voting system works. I could propose someone as a candidate or you could, if the system permitted it. If they are accepted as a candidate the voters then get to judge whether they want that person. If the voters on 2 Feb decided that they wanted 300 PT members of Parliament or 300 non-PT members of Parliament, that is the only choice that matters. It's the vote on the day.

Please read the post before replying. I was simply trying to point out the democratic process to you. It seems to confuse you. You are implying that there is something wrong with the fact that TS' associates may have (or may not have) put names forward. That is their right.

That's how democracy and the voting system works. I could propose someone as a candidate or you could, if the system permitted it. If they are accepted as a candidate the voters then get to judge whether they want that person. If the voters on 2 Feb decided that they wanted 300 PT members of Parliament or 300 non-PT members of Parliament, that is the only choice that matters. It's the vote on the day.

Please read the first response I made before your numerous replies. I was simply pointing out the error of pumpuiman's contention that the poor proposed the candidates in the past.

He was the one confused.

I didn't imply there was anything wrong with Thaksin proposing all the candidates in his various parties this millenium, simply that it was him, and not the poor, who had proposed the candidates.

You would do well to address your educating replies to him.

If PTP are sidelined or ignored in this process, real violence follows.

Completely true.

If the peasants are F'd over, it will get close to civil war.

It's possible but unlikely, I think the army will slam their authority on the unelected council and go onto the streets to ensure no more demos or dissent take place, thus smoothering any attempt by the red shirt to have their say on the streets or in another election. Elections may not happen again for years to come until the royal transition takes place and the people have something to unite them again.

If PTP are sidelined or ignored in this process, real violence follows.

Completely true.

If the peasants are F'd over, it will get close to civil war.

It's possible but unlikely, I think the army will slam their authority on the unelected council and go onto the streets to ensure no more demos or dissent take place, thus smoothering any attempt by the red shirt to have their say on the streets or in another election. Elections may not happen again for years to come until the royal transition takes place and the people have something to unite them again.

The army is being coaxed to make a decision.

They got to nip this in the bud and agree otherwise it won't just be a violent yellow shirt mob they have to control, it will be the whole nation.

See post 16, it's not the armies job.

What reforms is Suthep talking about, there has never been anything real with any degree of substance mentioned. The elected government can ask the army but they will not do anything because guess who the silent backer of Suthep is. These demonstrators don't want elections or democracy full stop, they want full, absolute control of everything. Who in their right mind would demonstrate to block elections and support less freedom of speech and more restrictions across the board. The power of a dictator is awesome to behold, he who knows whats best for all of us and if you don't go along with it, you may be killed as a traitor and laughed at. This fight is only about money and power for Suthep

"This fight is only about money and power for Suthep"

Suthep is the Army's puppet. This is about removing any populist leader, denying the majority a say in future elections, and returning the Bangkok elite to power.

If that were true, then the army could effect another coup. What are they waiting for?

It would be a very unpopular move to the supporters of the elected government, which represent the majority of Thai citizens whichever way you look at it. I doubt they will stand by and just let it happen.

The majority of Thai citizens did not vote for PTP.