Loas in decline: Post war civilian life

williamta20012

so I literally basically ran out of laos being chased by a sex crazed Tom and her 'wont shut the brother who needs 1000b notes from me all the time'

im in the bus station not feeling too good, two kids come up to me selling gum, I hate gum but I always reward children with the entrepreneur spirit, I haggle with him enouraging free market price discovery ( some thing the child will need in laos since they have no coinage )

the boy is obviously daddy hungry, he sits next to me for an hour until the bus comes, leaning on me... his sister did my nails lol

it really softened my heart towards the people who have had their country destroyed by inflation...

two things I forgot to mention about lao

- cars dont slow down for u, they will charge u (like australia)

- lao ppl critise thailand alllll the time... and but the thais defend lao against my criticism of lao...

I would like to add, for the people who dont understand the crime being committed in the export sector the following

- you are not exporting any thing unless you recieve foreign reserves, so if a lao sells something to thailand they must recieve baht or gold or something of equal value

if they recieve kip in return for the exports then u have got to laugh at that!!

I dont know how to make it any clearer, they govt is stealing that baht and printing kip then giving it to the producer.

they are not exporting they are giving it away for free

imagine this, if lao backed your currecy with gold, remove all taxes and rules... exports would stop instantly and lao people would consume like crazy

business would explode on every strewt corner

its so simple is mind numbing

but u know the scary thing is, I see the same thing happening here in thailand, thailand sells its self to tourists with a very weak exchange rate.

- 1000b notes are too crisp clean!!
- exchanging 1000b notes is a real pain because they outnumber 500b notes and 100b notes
- I talk explain this process to thai business owners all the time, THEY GET IT INSTANTLY! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bonobo
removed profanity

OP, is there any way you could take a minute to go over your posts after you've typed them, please ? I know how the spelling/grammar Police are regarded on TV, but your ratio of typos to correctly typed words is abysmal, from the title onward - it lends creedence to those of us who believe that you are drunk/stoned when you type these rants. I really dont get exactly what your problem is with Laos - why hang around a country you clearly despise ? Surely any country trading with Laos has their own arrangements in place, given that the Kip is rarely traded outside Laos' borders ?

To get to the central point of your rant re Thailand, consider:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_rupiah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Indonesia

100 USD is currently around 1.2 million IDR. The largest economy in SE Aaia, and most of us could easily burn through 3 million Rupiah on a night out - somehow, people seem to adapt to the fact that they arent in Kansas any more. Most people, anyway. wink.png

Edited by MrWorldwide

So you where ran out of laos by a tom and a gay ,and then you try to explain the workings of the lao economy errrhummm ,what have you been smoking anthrax or something?

um yerrr im not perfect either, im still a bit young, but have been screwed over quite a bit lol

if you are still young, you might want to invest some time into economy classes.

So you where ran out of laos by a tom and a gay ,and then you try to explain the workings of the lao economy errrhummm ,what have you been smoking anthrax or something?

um yerrr im not perfect either, im still a bit young, but have been screwed over quite a bit lol

if you are still young, you might want to invest some time into economy classes.

Investing in a good education seems to be the pressing issue........for the OP and Laos!