New Tires On PCX150

moe666

Replaced the IRC Wings on my PCX150 with Pirelli Diablos and Oboy what a difference in handling. I rode the Samoeng Loop today and the difference in handling was very noticeable less pressure on the handle bars when taking the curves, did not feel every bump in the road only the bigger stuff, also appears better gas mileage, and a smoother ride. I bought the tires from NatMotors on Huey Khaw road took about 3 days for them to order and the tires to arrive. Total cost a bit below 4,000baht.

• Like 1

>>total cost B4000 <<

Your having a laugh .Thats far too much to pay .I recently went to Pai and back to C.M . on the standard tyres ,on my PCX 150 ,which i found to be good .

Maybe too much for _you_ ?

If you have never driven on good rubber you don't know what are you talking about,

And the true cost would be actually only the difference between standard and the Pirelli. Minimal, and well spent money.

Edited by paz
  • Like 2

I'm switching all my bikes to Michelin Pilot tires.

Michelin Pilot Street is Mich's latest offering.

Especially designed for wet performance, which is important to me.

I recently rode Raider from Chiang Mai to Mae Sot via western route.

+400km, in wet conditions, on new, cheap (Vee) tires.

I was sliding whenever I touched the brakes or downshifted.

Never again.

MPS are rated well for wear too.

Check out online reviews.

~B2300 for 80/90, 70/90 x17 set.

Edited by papa al

Did your PCX come with IRC from new ?

Bought my PCX from Nat last month and came with Dunlops. Cut the rear on some glass - 1500 baht to replace

The stock tires I believe were IRCs but I changes these out with the IRC Wings which are a better tire but just no comparison with these new Diablos. When I went around the first curve on the moat the difference was just there less pressure on the handle bars just a lot less work on the riders part.

>>total cost B4000 <<

Your having a laugh .Thats far too much to pay .I recently went to Pai and back to C.M . on the standard tyres ,on my PCX 150 ,which i found to be good .

Try some real tires and you will know the difference, they are well worth the few hundred baht more you will pay for the extra comfort and the handling are defiantly worth it.