Help! Website Blocked From Today..

libya 115

Victorchandler.com is blocked for me from today May 15th. I don't care what it costs, I need to access this site soon. Anyone any ideas? I know gambling is forbidden in the LOS but I just want to update the racing news.

I tried proxy, but they are all blocked too.

Victorchandler.com is blocked for me from today May 15th. I don't care what it costs, I need to access this site soon. Anyone any ideas? I know gambling is forbidden in the LOS but I just want to update the racing news.

If you only want the racing news, surely there are other sites... I just checked out this site and it's a betting website, so no surprize that it's been blocked.

[/quo

PM me if you want some help with this!

:D:o:D

Try throwing your money out the window, has the same effect.

There are a tiny percentage of people who make a modest living and are able to live in Thailand on their profits from well-informed speculative cash investments on the outcome of sporting events.

But it is very hard work, rather like a 9-5 job but the rewards are pleasurable.

I'm not a gambling man myself but I checked out that website on my dial-up connection and indeed it is blocked - NO PROBS my man simply use the google translation service to skirt around the blocked websites :

http://www.google.com/language_tools

Then just keep the default (German - English I think) and enter the web URL in the translate box. I tried it already and it works,

Chok Dee ! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is all important to get access, why not get a cheap VPS for less than $20 a month and install a Squid proxy server on it. You can set it up so that the only thing your ISP sees is that you are connecting to your proxy server. Of course they could read the packets, but that is besides the point. If you are really paranoid, surf through an SSH tunnel to your server.

If you do any web site hosting, getting a VPS is a no brainer, you will never be locked out of a site and you really have freedom to surf the way you want to.

Well it is all important to get access, why not get a cheap VPS for less than $20 a month and install a Squid proxy server on it.

That's really a great idea. Bravo.

I can smell from it a possible business. :o

You should sell your services to create (contract for VPS and installation of proxy server + training) such personal proxy for people living in thailand !

Well it is all important to get access, why not get a cheap VPS for less than $20 a month and install a Squid proxy server on it.

That's really a great idea. Bravo.

I can smell from it a possible business. :o

You should sell your services to create (contract for VPS and installation of proxy server + training) such personal proxy for people living in thailand !

Excuse my ingorance but what is VPS?

Edited by MartinBKK

Virtual Private Server. For my 19.95 a month(prices can vary from as low as $10 to over $100), I get a 1mbps unmetered feed to my server, 15 gb of storage and 128mb of reserved RAM. I have root level access to the server and I can install anything I want. It comes with 3 IP addresses. You can basically host as many sites as you want to, within reason and system resources.

Go Daddy for example charges $4 a month for their cheapest hosting so if you are hosting 5 sites anyways, you can move them over to a VPS and pay the same price. That is what I did. I installed a Squid proxy cache server and set it up for semi-anonymous access. Basically, it doesn't tell my original IP address to the sites I access, but rather the IP address of my server.

Since it caches the pages I visit, I don't get the old familiar page timing out error that I used to get when I was connected directly to sites. I use a proxy server not to hide what I am doing, I use it because it makes my surfing better.

If anyone wants to set one up, I can point them in the right direction but when it comes to computers, I am far from an expert. I set up the server in about 4 hours, if I can do it, anyone can.

How do you configure your browser to work with VPS then?

Is it the same as configuring it to use a proxy?

I heard that KSC blocks access to proxy. Is this true and do any other ISP's do this? Would this mean that i couldn't use VPS if my isp is KSC?

Sorry to sound so stupid i am useless with computer's.

You can set up Squid to listen on ANY port number which basically means that it is almost impossible to block you accessing the proxy without basically closing up shop as an ISP. If you want to hide your access, you can always use Putty (SSH) to make a secure connection to your server and tunnel all of your traffic through the encrypted connection to your server.

If you are using Firefox, it is really easy to set it up to use proxies. With a VPS, you are basically running your own proxy server. But since it is a private proxy and only you have access to it, it is not a KNOWN proxy.