Creating a fashion brand in Thailand

you belgians are full of money, why you dont just move here, work in belgium 6 month, then relax here the rest

also many brands are made in thailand, like NIke, or malaysia, but you never get anything good, everything is exported back to states, here they only use cheap force assholez and then ship back to states

Not all Belgians are full of money smile.png Life is expencive here.Crisis also all over the place.Lot's of people don't find a job not even the ones that did university .But i know what you mean that the level on income is higher then for Thai people working in Thailand.On the point of work in Belgium and spend time Thailand indeed is a good idea but then i won'nt be able to spend 6 months in Thailand cause i would have to work day and night to get it all paid here :)But anyway...i could figure that one out yes .What do you mean you never get anything good there ?They ship all the good things out ?

you belgians are full of money, why you dont just move here, work in belgium 6 month, then relax here the rest

also many brands are made in thailand, like NIke, or malaysia, but you never get anything good, everything is exported back to states, here they only use cheap force assholez and then ship back to states

Not all Belgians are full of money smile.png Life is expencive here.Crisis also all over the place.Lot's of people don't find a job not even the ones that did university .But i know what you mean that the level on income is higher then for Thai people working in Thailand.On the point of work in Belgium and spend time Thailand indeed is a good idea but then i won'nt be able to spend 6 months in Thailand cause i would have to work day and night to get it all paid here :)But anyway...i could figure that one out yes .What do you mean you never get anything good there ?They ship all the good things out ?

Besides that,if i create something on paper or a rough patternand have to let it make here (pattern/prototype.pieces)i would pay myself blue and would be broke before i started. I have no other choice then let those thing do in Asia or another area where it's cheaper then here.But i wanna be correct.This means normal paid staff (no cheap paid workers) No kids that work,good work area's..) I would feel very bad and sad if i knew workers were treathed bad.It's horrible .

inkmermaid1, on 01 Jan 2014 - 18:14, said:
SheungWan, on 01 Jan 2014 - 16:44, said:

There is a world shortage of T-shirts in Thailand right now.

How come ?

All but one t-shirt technicians have been laid off over the last few years in Thailand. The one remaining t-shirt technician is only making 2,000 a month. Prices have gone out the roof and he broke his leg last weekend and will be out of action for six weeks.

There's a niche in the market, today.

OMG ! Poor guy sad.png This sad.That's what i mean .Very sad.What do you mean by t-shirt technician ?He does the prints or desgns or both ?Or he makes the shirts ?

i watched one documentary on bbc made by one of the guys from top gear

he said belgium is the most boring country, and that people as a sport listen to birds? And there is high suicide rate becasue it is so boring? Is that true?

OMG ! Poor guy sad.png This sad.That's what i mean .Very sad.What do you mean by t-shirt technician ?He does the prints or desgns or both ?Or he makes the shirts ?

i watched one documentary on bbc made by one of the guys from top gear

he said belgium is the most boring country, and that people as a sport listen to birds? And there is high suicide rate becasue it is so boring? Is that true?

Hahaha smile.png Crazy !! Listening to birds ??? Nope not true :)Boring ?No,cause the worlds best designers come from Belgium.Belgium has lot's of great talented people.We are famous for or chocolat,beer and fries.Cause it's not French fries cause Belgian people invented the fries.We are doing great in the movie industry and have some great actors.The only things i think is not good here:The weather,the high taxes,it's expensive to live here.Suicides ? I guess all over the world people kill themselves. sad.png I don't know.The reason why i love to live in a warm climate is the sun ♥

he is janking your chain, evil bugger

??? Excuse me ?What do you mean by that ? I am not evil,nu bugger.I don't know the guy and how can he jank my chain ?
no not you, the guy who said there is only one manufacturer, he is making fun of you, he he
He said technician.I was just asking what he meant by that.Anyway..does'nt matter.Thx for explaining.

here is the truth, jeremy clarkson of top gear goes to vacation to belgium where heis watching people counting how many times birds sing in one hour

this only happens in belgium, i understand now why you want to run away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pke1mQmjwg 5.20 minutes start

You see I remembered this after few years, because it seemed so odd to me what you Belgians like todo

really good scenario for a suicide he he bird counting omg

Edited by expatsupreme

here is the truth, jeremy clarkson of top gear goes to vacation to belgium where heis watching people counting how many times birds sing in one hour

this only happens in belgium, i understand now why you want to run away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pke1mQmjwg 5.20 minutes start

You see I remembered this after few years, because it seemed so odd to me what you Belgians like todo

really good scenario for a suicide he he bird counting omg

Hahaha smile.png Hilarious ! Thx for sharing :)Indeed these things are also a part of Belgium.These are old folk games.very old.Certain people like to play these games.Folky folks:)We have more of those stupid games believe me :)It's indeed a weird country and some things indeed only happen in Belgium.But it has it's good sides aswell smile.png

But as i said:High taxes,stupid rules nobody likes (like the gas penalty's they found out since a while now.For example :If a kid eats a sandwich on the stairs of a public building he has to pay a few hundred euro( i heard).And more of this stupid things.:(This happens only in Belgium.Then the weather sad.png Horrible !Almost every day grey in all kinds of grades.When it gerts warm and it stay's for 2 or 3 day's ..we get thunder and lightning soon ! And then the grey starts again.So i wanna be a part of the year at least in a Sunny state smile.png

Did you get more info ?

About the fashio thing ?If so not for my problem exactly but the things said here on the forum where interesting.Somebody said there is a building in Bankok where foreign designers are located where i can ask info.Ask i MBK also.That it's better to export.That it's better to find ateliers in neighbour country's like Cambodia or even India.That it's good if your American to get things done wich i am not :)Maybe i should opn, my own atelier/little factory with English speaking staff and hire them myself the sewers,patternmakers etc ..:)Then let them create my designs tongue.png