Officials Combat Road Accidents By Monk Prayers

Lite Beer

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This'll work.....just need to start roadside stalls selling amulets.....buy one get one free....way to go..

They believe this stuff!!

It's almost as ridiculous as a Christian believing that a man named Jesus was the son of God isn't it? Or praying to that god, asking for it to perform miracles.

Relax Guys I've got it covered. I just set out a bottle of red Fanta with a straw in it! I think we can all feel safer on the roads now.

why is red fanta so popular with the spirit world. personally i think it is way to sugary - then again maybe i will get to appreciate when i cross over. i know it goes very well with pigs heads. mmmmmm!

Edited by jonesthebaker

Went down to the 7 yesterday, ordered a few sticks of bbq chicken, outside. There is a T intersection there, and in the 5 minutes it took to get my order, there were at least 20 near accidents there. I almost decided to sit and watch, and didnt know if I should cry or laugh. Cars backing out blindly into the intersection, other cars running the stop sign (have never seen a car stop there), passing on the blind turn, cars parked on the blind turn, and cars going on the wrong side of the road. And this is out near the end of Soi Siam, where the traffic isnt so heavy.

This'll work.....just need to start roadside stalls selling amulets.....buy one get one free....way to go..

It's almost as ridiculous as a Christian believing that a man named Jesus was the son of God isn't it? Or praying to that god, asking for it to perform miracles.

The difference is, that most of the ones you mentioned ...or at least a big part...tries prayer AND road safety rules, law inforcement, driving tests...

The difference is, that most of the ones you mentioned ...or at least a big part...tries prayer AND road safety rules, law inforcement, driving tests...

Read post number 23 on page 1.

None of you have actually read the report, have you?

You've all just responded to the thread title.

I read it all MJ, even past the part,

"However, Mr. Wachira also stressed that road safety depends on.................."

Which should be the primary focus of the message, and needs hammering home.

I wonder how many of the locals didn't get past the headline either, that's the scary part.

According to the officials, the eviction of bad spirits will prevent future accident and help boost the morale of motorists.

This is a very risky approach that could easily back-fire.

What if the number of deaths rises significantly compared with other years?

What will these officials say then?

Never backfires. They will claim that it did work and the toll would have been even higher.

None of you have actually read the report, have you?

You've all just responded to the thread title.

I read it all MJ, even past the part,

"However, Mr. Wachira also stressed that road safety depends on.................."

Which should be the primary focus of the message, and needs hammering home.

I wonder how many of the locals didn't get past the headline either, that's the scary part.

I mean this is true and I am clutching at straws I suppose, but I wanted to explore other reasons they're trying it like this.

I responded the same way everyone else has on this thread but to a similar thread about having a tambon for passenger airplane safety, I'm sure many can remember this, it was the plane that got the Thai Air name painted out in black after the nose gear failed.

There was a poster who set me straight as to why they were having the tambon and although I struggled to comprehend it at the time, it did kind of make sense from a cultural point of view.

Edited by MJP

It's true that evil spirits are to blame for most road accidents, mostly whiskey.

You especially have to watch out for drivers under the influence of Black Cock. Thats a big one you might want to avoid.

IMG_0986.jpg

How do I know if they had some black cock?coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Lao Khao = ****Thai language removed****

Very Bad Spirit!!!

clap2.gif

Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

Bad spirits? They are absolutely right!

I ALWAYS see those bad spirits........driving against the flow of traffic OR turning off a side soi into traffic without looking OR driving through a red light OR driving in the middle of two lanes OR driving without working tail or headlights OR.........

Yes......they are EVERYWHERE!!

• Like 1

It's true that evil spirits are to blame for most road accidents, mostly whiskey.

You especially have to watch out for drivers under the influence of Black Cock. Thats a big one you might want to avoid.

IMG_0986.jpg

How do I know if they had some black cock?coffee1.gif

They usually have trouble walking afterwards

• Like 2

Well, the Thai officials found the solution that has been evading us for years. Here I was silly to think that law enforcement was the answer but all that is really needed was a bunch of monks taking time out from shopping for iPhones and digital cameras to chant a few prayers. The answer is so simple and so obvious! No wonder it took an OFFICIAL to figure out the answer!

Too bad for us that the drivers believe that the monks prayers will protect them even if they are blind drunk and driving like they OWN the road.

The rest of us better look for some lucky rabbits feet.

Solution evading you for years eh? Frankly I thought that any lightweight could figure out that driving sober, alert and being attentive to the road was the primary solution for avoiding road accidents. Thai drivers believe that the monks' prayers will protect them as much as you or I do. To anyone with an ounce of literary aptitude the article provides little contextual detail and strives to give misleading impression of the extent that Thais believe the ceremony will protect them. It is designed to elicit a scoffing response and the header provided by Thaivisa is cooperative in this respect.

• Like 1

According to the officials, the eviction of bad spirits will prevent future accident and help boost the morale of motorists.

This is a very risky approach that could easily back-fire.

What if the number of deaths rises significantly compared with other years?

What will these officials say then?

Nothing I imagine!

It will just be put down the bad karma like everything else.

a group of monks blessed holy water and sprayed the said substance on the road to chase away evil spirits which are believed to have caused frequent deaths and accidents on the road

Do I believe this ....? blink.png

“It is crucial not to drink and drive, not to drive too fast, and not to drive while you are too tired”,

Or do I bring logic into the equation? biggrin.png

Well, the Thai officials found the solution that has been evading us for years. Here I was silly to think that law enforcement was the answer but all that is really needed was a bunch of monks taking time out from shopping for iPhones and digital cameras to chant a few prayers. The answer is so simple and so obvious! No wonder it took an OFFICIAL to figure out the answer!

Too bad for us that the drivers believe that the monks prayers will protect them even if they are blind drunk and driving like they OWN the road.

The rest of us better look for some lucky rabbits feet.

Solution evading you for years eh? Frankly I thought that any lightweight could figure out that driving sober, alert and being attentive to the road was the primary solution for avoiding road accidents. Thai drivers believe that the monks' prayers will protect them as much as you or I do. To anyone with an ounce of literary aptitude the article provides little contextual detail and strives to give misleading impression of the extent that Thais believe the ceremony will protect them. It is designed to elicit a scoffing response and the header provided by Thaivisa is cooperative in this respect.

Yup.

The title of the thread is misleading. Read the text and you soon learn they're using the tambon to promote safer driving and to stop drink driving. The tambon is just being used as a vehicle means to communicate the message. Make it look like Buddha is telling them.

Whether this is wise I don't know, perhaps they're at their wits end with it all.

That's my take on it anyway.