Mysterious death in Chiang Mai

CMfoodie

Mysterious death in Chiang Mai

December 28, 2013 3:42 pm

An 84-year-old foreigner, identified later as Paul Lincke, was found dead near Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai.

On his side was a 9mm gun and a bullet case, said Pol Capt Winai Ravidej. His relative said the retired German soldier, who had been in good health, had been living in Chiang Mai for 14 years.

From the bullet trajectory, Lincke could have shot himself.

The cause of death would be further investigated, the police officer said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation December 28, 2013

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Mysterious-death-in-Chiang-Mai-30223167.html

On his side was a 9mm gun and a bullet case, said Pol Capt Winai Ravidej. His relative said the retired German soldier, who had been in good health, had been living in Chiang Mai for 14 years.

Ok ok I realise a lot is lost in translation. but and I quote "from the bullet trajectory, Lincke could have shot himself" ok fair assumption, but the death will be further investigated ?. I would have thought that the basics were already in place. But wait ! Oh but wait, perhaps as a Farang he died of alcohol poisoning or maybe a cobra strike !,,,

Quote " On his side was a 9mm gun and bullet case" right ! But where was the gun by his side or in his dead hand ? If he was shot / murdered by the mentioned 9mm would the killer leave the gun and spent casing as the crime scene at the dead bodies side ? . Dear god why do people's tax money pay these totally incompetent idiots. They couldn't solve a kindergarden mystery yet alone a potential murder or suicide. It really is concerning that justice lies in these peoples flimsy hands.

If he was shot / murdered by the mentioned 9mm would the killer leave the gun and spent casing as the crime scene at the dead bodies side ?

Err yes, if he wanted to make it look like a suicide.

Agreed if he was a professional who wore gloves and totally sanitized the crime scene. Somehow I cannot see Somchai doing such things!,, Can you ?

Ok ok I realise a lot is lost in translation. but and I quote "from the bullet trajectory, Lincke could have shot himself" ok fair assumption, but the death will be further investigated ?. I would have thought that the basics were already in place. But wait ! Oh but wait, perhaps as a Farang he died of alcohol poisoning or maybe a cobra strike !,,,

Quote " On his side was a 9mm gun and bullet case" right ! But where was the gun by his side or in his dead hand ? If he was shot / murdered by the mentioned 9mm would the killer leave the gun and spent casing as the crime scene at the dead bodies side ? . Dear god why do people's tax money pay these totally incompetent idiots. They couldn't solve a kindergarden mystery yet alone a potential murder or suicide. It really is concerning that justice lies in these peoples flimsy hands.

If the police didn't say the death would be "...further investigated", it would look like they were trying to close the case too quickly.

An apparent suicide; if the facts are as reported.

What's mysterious about it?

If the police didn't say the death would be "...further investigated", it would look like they were trying to close the case too quickly.

Mysterious, your word not mine. I would be happier to read that our great protectors stated, Mr Lxxxx was found dead with a gunshot wound to the ??? . The weapon, a 9mm pistol was found (by his side along With a spent cartridge indicating foul play) OR the weapon a 9mm pistol was found in the hand of the deceased with a spent round by his body. Two different scenarios. Good night, sleep tight and hope you see things clearer in the morning !,

• Like 1

If he was shot / murdered by the mentioned 9mm would the killer leave the gun and spent casing as the crime scene at the dead bodies side ?

Agreed if he was a professional who wore gloves and totally sanitized the crime scene. Somehow I cannot see Somchai doing such things!,, Can you ?

Why must the potential murderer be Thai?

Why must he/she be an amateur?

Why must this Thai amateur murderer never have watched CSI?

I'd say the police's decision to investigate is reasonable.

Mysterious, your word not mine. I would be happier to read that our great protectors stated, Mr Lxxxx was found dead with a gunshot wound to the ??? . The weapon, a 9mm pistol was found (by his side along With a spent cartridge indicating foul play) OR the weapon a 9mm pistol was found in the hand of the deceased with a spent round by his body. Two different scenarios. Good night, sleep tight and hope you see things clearer in the morning !,

Not mine. It was in the topic title.

Why must the potential murderer be Thai?

Why must he/she be an amateur?

Why must this Thai amateur murderer never have watched CSI?

I'd say the police's decision to investigate is reasonable.

Quite right and I apologies, let's insert the name Smith and remove Somchai.