Jerky/pulsing front brake

ClareQuilty

Whatever you do CQ, make sure you do it in a patronizing manner.

Haha.. do you know me IRL?

Well it didn't sound cheap to me - he quoted 1,200 baht!

1200 baht is cheap man, what is your problem with that??

As paz points out, the bike's value is only about 6k.. also, even more to the point - 1,200 is a lot for a teacher in Thailand. Farang teachers generally make tiny salaries.

• 2 weeks later...

Update about the Tiara - I took it in to a different mechanic shop to ask a second opinion on the front disk, and they said they thought it was the thing - I don't know what its called - the sort of part in the neck of the bike that allows it to turn back and forth. What is that called?

They took the bike apart and replaced this part, and I have to admit the bike does drive much better. However, the jerky pulsing is still there, just greatly reduced. I think maybe what happened is when the neck of the bike was out of whack, this caused the brake disk to become warped. Now, with the neck back in proper alignment and tight/straight, the brake is still warped by its less noticeable.

Anyway the repair was only 280 baht, very cheap considering it took them an hour or two to do it, and they were extremely meticulous about checking the alinement of the neck. I may eventually have to replace the disk brake as well, but for now, its improved.