disgusting service from Lomprayha

just had a guest arrive from surat thani via lomprayha

the mini van driver dropped the guy off at a 7/11 [3 kms away] and left him there to fend for himself

even after the guy contacted me [using mini van mans cell] and we gave directions to our property

they were only 1.5 kms away when the call came in

absolutely terrible service

Having used Lomprayah's services many times over the years both on land and on water, I am not sure I understand what the problem is. They are in the business of transporting people between major cities, regions, islands, etc. They will get you from Bangkok to Samui. They will get you from Koh Phangan to Hua Hun. However, they aren't a door-to-door taxi service. For example, if I wanted to stay in Haad Salad on Koh Phangan and booked transportation through Lomprayah, I would expect to be dropped off at the pier in Thong Sala. From there, it would be my responsibility to find a taxi service to take me to my destination on the island. Asking them to provide door-to-door service is possible, but they certainly aren't required to do it. For reasons associated with competition, they may offer a pick-up service from your resort. They may also offer a service where they drop you off; however, you would certainly pay more for that service. Otherwise, it would be a bit like asking Cathay Pacific to drop you off at your Hotel in the Asoke area of Bangkok after a flight in from Hong Kong!

If they were hired to drop you or someone else off at a specific destination and failed to do so, I don't understand how that is even possible. You said a guest arrived. Well, why did this guest get out of the vehicle prior to arriving at the destination? Having taken mini-vans all over Thailand, it commonplace to be dropped off in a central location (like 7-11) in the general area of your destination (village or whatever). If you make arrangements to be dropped off elsewhere, exit the vehicle when you get there. Otherwise, don't exit and deal with the driver regarding getting to your destination. It sounds like this 'guest' was a bit inexperienced when it comes to travel in general, Thailand or otherwise.

I have also used lompys service many many times (100s) and that of seatran and the old songserm,having lived on tao 14 years.

None do a true door to door service, and all wax and wane with service levels depending on season or management at the time.

Lompy is the most comfortable of the bunch especially if you pay the extra for the vip etc, Seatran is better in big sea's, Songserm is woeful and better suited to backpackers, who all pile on the roof and bow only to cram inside sunburn or soaked halfway,complaining and stinking of sweat or vomit.

All are relatively safe, with lessons learnt from past incidents in the late 90s early 2000

However saying that I am moving on, and won't miss any more puke filled boat trips, broken down boats, or stroppy customers holding everyone up by expecting more than is provided.

did the customers get the buss number if so take the bus number and the date and time of the incident and have a Thai call them to complain.

You might not get anywhere but there shall be a record of a complaint so it is only a phone call can't do any harm

each bus has a number i don't mean vehicle registration.

If you have the ferry time and the customers destination then the company shall know which bus took your guests anyway but it shall help if they have the number

best of luck

• Like 1

the mini van driver took the guest all the way down to tongson bay bungalows [on tongson beach, down a dirt track]

at that stage i got called to ask where tongson villas was ?

as its just 1.5 kms away ,i gave instructions on how to get to our property

however the next call was a muddled /garbled message which i pieced together as your guest is at a 7/11 and im on my way to maenam

so if the service was just to drop them off close by , why not leave them at tonson bay bungalows

Sounds similar to the minivan services from Samui/Koh Phangan to Phuket Airport. Customers pay to be dropped off at the airport and NOT ONCE in 9 years of running my airport hotels has this minivan actually bothered to go to the airport. The driver simply abandons them on the main road, about 5km from the airport.

It's such a common event that the motorbike taxi boys wait on the main road in full knowledge that tourists will be left to find their own transport for the last 5km of their (paid-for) journey.

Simon

Lomprayah ferry, only offers this drop off service on Samui, not KP or KT....

You currently pay, 150 baht or 200 baht (?) extra for the service .... I think 100 baht in low season... and usually one has to be asked for when you buy the ferry ticket.... although, I did see them offering a 150 baht mini bus service at Maenam terminal the other day as people where coming off the ferry. They load the mini buses according to destination... Maenam, Bophut, Chawang, Lamai... etc etc!

The problem these vans have is they cannot make it up the hills going to some of the resorts, especially when fully loaded...passengers and luggage, that's why they have to drop people off before the intended destination .... other wise those wanting to get to their destination are delayed, if the bus gets stuck ..... some of the hills are very steep!

As for the comment from Simon43, Which type of service ? An actual minibus booked to the airport or a brown Songtau that circles the ring road...? If a Songtau, they don't go to the airport as far as I know... so they drop you off at a connection spot..... where as a Minivan would go all the way, if booked to the airport ... it would be nice to hear which type you use... and whether you booked to the airport.... (seems to me in their interest to pick up passengers landing....mini bus drivers that is... )

One more point, regarding Lomprayah, from Maenam, if the seas are rough or tide too high, they leave from Nathon... but you need to be at the terminal about 1.5 hours before scheduled departure time... they will bus you to Nathon.... those with pick up service from hotel, will get dropped off at the terminal the ferry is leaving from... thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy