Rediculous Ledge/drop/abyss At New Airport Parking Lot.

chanchao

Used the new parking lot at the airport recently... Is this insane or what.. There's like a half-meter drop from the terminal level down to the parking lot level. No separation, no fence, railings, steps, anything.

That's quite a nasty drop when you walk out still groggy from a flight..

Oh well, I guess the wait is for the first person to fall down and break something. Then the wait will be for the first person of any importance to fall down and break something.

(Then again, obviously, if everything here was like Sweden or Switzerland then I might as well go live in those places. Just venting. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Used the new parking lot at the airport recently... Is this insane or what.. There's like a half-meter drop from the terminal level down to the parking lot level. No separation, no fence, railings, steps, anything.

Oh well, I guess the wait is for the first person to fall down and break something. Then the wait will be for the first person of any importance to fall down and break something.

(Then again, obviously, if everything here was like Sweden or Switzerland then I might as well go live in those places. Just venting. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

I heard that's a new sleepy-farang detector installed by the authorities. Basically it higly reduce the number of farangs they have to rescue later around the city...elettrocuted by a hanging wire... swiped by a scooter on the sidewalk, dragged a few kms by a whoopsy songtaew driver etc... you know the regular stuff

Agreed. With my arthritic back, I find I have to walk quite a bit north to where the cliff becomes more a curb in order to enter the parking lot. Haven't figured out if this was a design flaw -- or the builder couldn't read the plan(?).

But, the added parking spaces seems to have helped matters -- at least I haven't seen much double-parking lately (although, maybe I just haven't been there during a peak period.....).

(Then again, obviously, if everything here was like Sweden or Switzerland then I might as well go live in those places. Just venting. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

And, after the first Thai VIP falls and breaks their leg, expect to see some cheesy retrofitted concrete ramps that you trip over when walking along the curb. ISO 9001 at it's best :o:D:D

I saw a Thai Guy fall off his Motorcy in the Car Park last week.. dont think it was his fault though ...just down to the way they have re-arranged things.... I noted the Security upon entry has gone now.. is that good or bad?

> I noted the Security upon entry has gone now.. is that good or bad?

Well it's been a couple of months without people blowing themselves up so obviously all security can be cancelled. :o

Another thing I noticed is that when they scan bags with loads of zippers they still only put one of those impossible-to-romove disgustingly sticky stickers only somewhat over one of the zippers... Most of them remain completely accessible to put stuff in.

Yes - interesting really. We flew off to China the other week and needed to access the bag after it was scanned. We opened it up, removed and replaced contents leaving the sticky tape totally destroyed. Nobody said a word when we checked in with the so-called "Security Tape" in such a state.

Oh well - TIT and security is one of the many, many aspects of life that is not one of their strongpoints here...