Buying a condo on Koh Chang

guzzi850m2

Why would you want to invest in a condo at this time . I live on Koh Chang in a 90 Sqm 1 bedroom , with large front terrace nearly brand new , wifi and cable tv in a very quiet and private development in Klong Proa 2 minutes by motorbike to the beach for 10,000 baht / month + electric about 1200 baht / month . Better off finding more attractive investments as at the moment here on Koh Chang you will get ripped off royally . I see they have finally started the " Island Life " construction but this is overpriced in my opinion . I love Koh Chang it has reasonably clean beaches and apart from 2 -3 weeks of the year traffic is not a problem ,crime is at a minimum and even the BIB seem to be more relaxed . After recently visiting friends in pattaya and travelling to Samet for a few days the best thing that could happen to those places is to be nuked and wiped off this planet . Aggressive touts &ladyboys , heavy traffic , rubbish everywhere especially on Samet, like swimming in a sewage farm , beach umbrellas so many cannot see the beaches, corruption rife ,murders , muggings , "suicides" , bag snatchings. No thanks I like the relaxed ,quiet , relative safe and smog free atmosphere here .

Does anyone have any information regarding the Island Life Condo project - are they making any progress or is it still shut down?

Read the thread

Thanks for your help. I have read the thread and as far as I can see the only info regarding the start up (or no start up) of the Island Life project is the sentence highlighted above in the post from Barney R. All the rest are warnings to stay away.

So I will ask again; Could any of the TV Koh Chang residents please tell me if constructions has started/is ongoing?

Edited by Becker

• 3 weeks later...