Transfer money from my UK Bank to my Bangkok Bank Account.

I have just opened an account with the Bangkok Bank. Up here in the sticks, their tellers English is very poor. Can anyone tell me the best way to transfer money from my UK bank account to here in Thailand? I understand the Bangkok Bank has a branch in London. Does that mean my UK bank transfers the money to the Bangkok branch in London, or do they send it straight out to my Bangkok in Thailand? Any help here would be much appreciated.

Your UK bank will transfer the money to the London branch where it will automatically be sent to your Thai Bangkok Bank account, using your account number

See this for information:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringIntoThailand/ReceivingFundsfromUK/Pages/ReceivingFundsfromUK.aspx

• Like 1

I get my UK bank to transfer direct to my Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok. After that I can do an instant online transfer to my account up in the sticks 24/7/365, unlike UK online banking which only operates during regular banking hours.

Expensive, as in about £40, but arrives same day.

Make sure they make the transfers in £ as you will get a better exchange rate here.

Have never made a transfer from the UK to my account in the sticks, not sure if you would get same day or later.

It does not matter where in Thailand your Bangkok bank account ids located. Your account number and Bangkok bank's SWIFT code number will send it direct to your account. However I use a foreign exchange company called TORFX (www.torfx.com). n my ipion they provide an excellent service. I have a monthly transfer of my pension which always arived intoi my bangkok bank account the next working day. Simply instrict your UK bank to transfer the funds into TORFX's account and they do the rest.

Best regards

Using the Bangkok Bank London office is the best option, Transfer the money in GBP£ and you get the best exchange rate. Fees are cheap too. An earlier post has the URL providing you the information you require.

I seem to recall several years ago when I used that method they told me there was a £2000 limit on transfers and anything above that would have to be transferred through a UK bank, does that still apply?

I get my UK bank to transfer direct to my Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok. After that I can do an instant online transfer to my account up in the sticks 24/7/365, unlike UK online banking which only operates during regular banking hours.

Isn't it supposed to only be GBP20 (plus the usual 500B receiving fee at the Thai end)? The UK part should be free via FPS.

NatWest do a same-day transfer for GBP30 and a 2-day transfer for GBP20, and both can be initiated online up to GBP20,000 per day.

Make sure they make the transfers in £ as you will get a better exchange rate here.

Have never made a transfer from the UK to my account in the sticks, not sure if you would get same day or later.

Surely you would be better getting you money transferred through the BB branch in London.

It does not matter where in Thailand your Bangkok bank account ids located. Your account number and Bangkok bank's SWIFT code number will send it direct to your account. However I use a foreign exchange company called TORFX (www.torfx.com). n my ipion they provide an excellent service. I have a monthly transfer of my pension which always arived intoi my bangkok bank account the next working day. Simply instrict your UK bank to transfer the funds into TORFX's account and they do the rest.

Best regards

Thanks, will take note.

Using the Bangkok Bank London office is the best option, Transfer the money in GBP£ and you get the best exchange rate. Fees are cheap too. An earlier post has the URL providing you the information you require.

Yes you are right, thanks.

I use a website called HiFx based in the UK, the cost is £9 for up to £20,000. The site will even tell you the rate you get before you proceed. My normal UK charges £25, and I have to be in the UK, and in the branch to do it.

Thanks, I will check it out.

I seem to recall several years ago when I used that method they told me there was a £2000 limit on transfers and anything above that would have to be transferred through a UK bank, does that still apply?

Maybe that would still suit me.

I just sent money to thailand via the halifax cost £19.50 it took 3 days BUT make sure you send £s then exchange it when gets to thailand you get a better rate

Last time it cost me 24GBP with my Scottish bank.

I use a website called HiFx based in the UK, the cost is £9 for up to £20,000. The site will even tell you the rate you get before you proceed. My normal UK charges £25, and I have to be in the UK, and in the branch to do it.

There is a post in another thread on this forum which says transferring from UK bank to Thailand Bangkok Bank via london is cheaper than HiFX. What do you think?

There is a post in another thread on this forum which says transferring from UK bank to Thailand Bangkok Bank via london is cheaper than HiFX. What do you think?

Its only the exchange rate that you could possibly lose on. I recently got 52.14, when the rate was 53.5 on Xe.com

Its only the exchange rate that you could possibly lose on. I recently got 52.14, when the rate was 53.5 on Xe.com

Thanks a lot.