Mobile Antivirus and Internet Security.

Shurup

Seeing that I use my smartphone more and more, leaving my laptop aside more often and for the heaviest computing tasks, I can say that smartphone has pretty much replaced my PC. As a result I thought it might not be a bad idea to get a mobile Internet security or at least an antivirus.

I've checked the play store and most of the bigger players like McAfee, Dr. Web, Kaspersky, etc. now have their apps there. Most popular is being AVG with, I think Avast coming close behind. These 2 were free for the PC solutions so no surprise here. Most of the mobile solutions are free with some extra optional paid features.

On PC I tried many of them and was for years using Kaspersky for the reason it didn't slow down my computer as much as many others (Norton for example - being the worst of the bunch), so now I have no clue what to go with for my smartphone.

Leaning towards Kaspersky but it doesn't seem to be very popular (is it good or bad or doesn't matter???) Ideally would like to have something that won't hog my phone's resources and would first consider a free product with probable upgrade later on.

So what do you use folks? Any input, ideas and advice will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Read the reviews on this topic - Google it.

Interestingly the 'big names" don't seem to feature much there. I installed the app that came up consistently as highly regarded if not on top - 360 Mobile. What's more, Its free. Who knows how good it is when it comes to the crunch of viruses etc arriving, but this applies to all of them at this stage.

Hi Shurup. I use NQ Mobile Security on all of my Samsung phones, Notes and Tablets.. I have used them for four years now and when the chips are down, they work. Check them out at nq dot com. I use Mobile Security PRO. The PRO version costs approx 31 Baht. A little message comes up to remind you it's time to renew. There are a a whole suite of features ranging from Anti theft, anti spy, virus and malware detectors and malware destroyers, system protector and phone trackers and contacts backup. Many more features too like find my phone, alarm and delete your phone via computor. IT also updates automatically or you may update manually, over WiFi or mobile service.

My 23 Satangs worth.

NO I don't get any commision or recognition from them, it's just that I have used and tested many sytems and products and like to advise on ones I know that work.

Happy new year.

Hi Shurup. I use NQ Mobile Security on all of my Samsung phones, Notes and Tablets.. I have used them for four years now and when the chips are down, they work. Check them out at nq dot com. I use Mobile Security PRO. The PRO version costs approx 31 Baht. A little message comes up to remind you it's time to renew. There are a a whole suite of features ranging from Anti theft, anti spy, virus and malware detectors and malware destroyers, system protector and phone trackers and contacts backup. Many more features too like find my phone, alarm and delete your phone via computor. IT also updates automatically or you may update manually, over WiFi or mobile service.

My 23 Satangs worth.

NO I don't get any commision or recognition from them, it's just that I have used and tested many sytems and products and like to advise on ones I know that work.

Happy new year.

Exactly what are you referring to that costs 31 baht? The only product I can see costs $25.

Edited by laobali