Transfer Land Title from Mother to Daughter

My wife has dual U.S. and Thai citizenship. She has some land that was given to her and her siblings as a child from her parents. However, over the years my sister in law has conned my mother in law into getting loans against some of this land. I want to make sure this doesn't happen to my wife's part of the land. I'd like to get the land title transferred in to my wife's name while we're there on a 2 week visit for Songkran this coming April. Couple questions:

1. Will my wife being a dual citizen cause any issues? She did have her named legally changed to my last name in the Thai blue book, Thai ID card, Thai passport etc.

2. Will she have to pay any taxes or fees for a mother to daughter transfer?

3. Will two weeks be enough time to get this done, especially since it is during the Songkran holiday?

4. Is there some special document or procedure that needs to take place to guarantee that the family members can't borrow against or take control of the land once we are back in the U.S.?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Just a case of going to the local Ampur and doing the change of title owner.

Wont be a problem with your wifes dual natonality just take her thai ID card that should be enough and will take about an hour or so if all parties attend the Ampur with the correct documents.

As I understand it from our three visits to the land office:-

Mother and daughter will have to go to the land office in the locality where the land is located (they will have the office copy of the Chanote)

Both will need their ID cards and Tabian Baahn together with the original Chanote. The office will check that they have the correct copies of the documents required, then they can get a queue number.

When the queue number comes up, they go to the desk indicated. The land officer will tell them how much the transfer will cost (transfer fee, stamp duty and tax (if any)). Pay the bill and they will enter the new details on to the Chanote (and the office Chanote)

The total time taken will depend on the number of people using the service, but the actual transfer will take 20 - 30 minutes.

yes therewill be tax, but not much.

5 rai will cost less than 20k total.

same day will require a bribe, 2-3k extra.

next day, no bribe.

Um ... I'm not sure where you get this figure from. As I understand it can be considerable more. So I suggest you take somewhat more money than that. It depends on a few factors as to how much/Rai you will need to pay ... where the land is will effect the price/Rai also.

Edited by JAS21

next day, no bribe.

Um ... I'm not sure where you get this figure from. As I understand it can be considerable more. So I suggest you take somewhat more money than that. It depends on a few factors as to how much/Rai you will need to pay ... where the land is will effect the price/Rai also.

Special rules for gift from parent to child, transfer costs a lot less.

next day, no bribe.

That's what I had heard. That the transfer fee wouldn't be much since it's a gift from her mother.

next day, no bribe.

That's what I had heard. That the transfer fee wouldn't be much since it's a gift from her mother.

Yes, I believe that there is ...now I remember that it was my step daughters uncle who gave the land to her and not her father.

Edited by JAS21