To Animal Lovers / Fireworks.

Rooo

Many friends of mine who have a bathroom in the middle of the house (so no windows) make a "nest" for the dog(s) for New Years. For the craziest hours near midnight, the bathroom door is closed, lights on and there is a comfy bed/blanket on the floor + somethig nice to eat & drink.

One of my friends even has a music player with cozy classical music playing. His dog already starts waiting for his "own kingdom" by the bathroom when the first fireworks are heard a couple days before.

There was a report on Finnish news yesterday about the problem with dogs and fireworks. If the dog is very scary and suffering a lot, a vet can also prescribe medication to calm the dog.

None of my cats couldn't care less though. I guess they're already used to all the ongoing noise.

Thai people seem to be in constant need of sounds around them.

Most of my Thai friends will always play some lame music in the car while driving and turn on the TV the moment they get home. They told me that the TV can be their "friend" when they're alone. I definitely do not consider my TV as a "friend". It's off most of the time, until I actually need to watch something.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

Good & very relevant post.

New Year's Eve is the only time our dog's allowed in the house.

He knows this - and at the very first sign of the fireworks, he happily trots inside and doesn't come out until at least 01:30.

If I was a dog; I would do the same, because we really dislike firework-noise.

Good & very relevant post.

New Year's Eve is the only time our dog's allowed in the house.

He knows this - and at the very first sign of the fireworks, he happily trots inside and doesn't come out until at least 01:30.

If I was a dog; I would do the same, because we really dislike firework-noise.

If I was your dog I would make sure that someone set off fireworks every night of the year! I have 10, usually only 8 sleep inside at night, but last night all 10 did! I woke up this morning and somehow 6 had managed to sneak into the bed.