transfer funds from au bank to thai bank

I use these guys ... http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=AUD&To=THB&image.x=47&image.y=14ℑ=Submit www.xe.com

Cost $25 for the transfer, but the Exchange rate is excellent.

Depends if you wish to do lots of small transfers one an occasional big one.

I do both and use different approaches for each.

How much and how often do/will you transfer?

If you do an IMT via commbank yes have to pay $22 (which is much less than sending $AUD out of Thailand), but if you send $AUD to Thai then the exchange rate is reasonable.

You have to muck around a bit with the online commbank IMT form to organise it to send AUD not ThaiB, was that the problem?

Cheers, AA

• Like 1

I use Westpac it is one of the only banks that does not use a handful of intermediate banks all taking there cut from your funds they charge $20 per transaction small or large, no percentage charge, transfer in Aud and most times over night I have even done it in the morning and the funds have been there that night.

They also have a token security system which is first class, also 24hr oversea problem solving department.

I use Westpac it is one of the only banks that does not use a handful of intermediate banks all taking there cut from your funds they charge $20 per transaction small or large, no percentage charge, transfer in Aud and most times over night I have even done it in the morning and the funds have been there that night.

They also have a token security system which is first class, also 24hr oversea problem solving department.

I use Bendigo Bank, which is now affiliated with Adelaide Bank. I transfer most of my pension up monthly, for a fee of $30.00. I request an Aus. dollar transfer to Thailand and the bank here converts it to baht.

Usually takes 24 hours. It's the luck of the draw as to exchange rate. This week looks good but a few weeks for the next pension.

Centre link will transfer the total pension via the Treasury, direct to a bank if requested, saving the bank fee.

That's great about Westpac. I didn't know they offered such a competitive service.

I have used ANZ and it's both expensive and very difficult to get it to send $A to Thailand instead of the miserable exchange rate they offer for THB (and which is of course the default in their IT system).

In the future, I will be very careful when I transfer money using Aussie banks. I used ANZ to transfer $US360 to a friend in the US, and the receiving bank couldn't match the account number and name, and so sent the money back. It cost me $438 to transfer the money; $315 came back into my account, and not a cent had changed hands.

When I complained to ANZ they refunded me the $24 transfer fee. I'm still $99 down the hole.

To my amazement, Western Union actually turned out cheaper and more reliable.

There's nothing like a bank's ability to gouge when something goes wrong with a transaction in another jurisdiction. They're home free.