Yamaha YBR250

andrewrooney

Just saw this on thaimocyc.com:

http://www.thaimocyc.com/yamaha-ybr250-%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%A7/

Yamaha has uploaded a sell sheet for the YBR250 to their Thailand website. It's not linked from the front page, but if you follow this link it's there:

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/pdf/yamaha_YBR250.pdf

post-176105-0-53319800-1388664181_thumb.

post-176105-0-11039700-1388664242_thumb.

Any thoughts on this bike? If the price is right it could be a decent commuter. Seems a little underpowered, though, and I'm not exactly thrilled about the rear drum brake.

Z 250 competition? Though to be honest I haven't seen many Z 250's on the road. Don't know how many Kawasaki shift. Yamaha/Suzuki lack of dealerships, lack of parts, lack of trained mechanics discussion coming very soon.

Z 250 competition? Though to be honest I haven't seen many Z 250's on the road. Don't know how many Kawasaki shift. Yamaha/Suzuki lack of dealerships, lack of parts, lack of trained mechanics discussion coming very soon.

You don't get out much, do you?

How many more new bikes can possibly be introduced into a market within 3 years. Getting a bit of a joke now. biggrin.png

I would quickly guess the number of bikes between 250-650cc have gone from 4 to about 15, in the last 3 years.

And thankfully they're all better looking than that thing.

Edited by 1ma

Great news, Yamaha Thailand is thinking about introducing a Chinese developed and made motorcycle on the Thai market.

I'm sure that Chongqing Jianshe "Yamaha" Motorcycle Co., Ltd. is delighted by the news... Not sure what the news will do for the "Made in China" haters on this forum

maybe it's from some Chinese branch of Yamaha, not Japan yamaha.

the Keeway RKV200 looks much better than this one, and how could they put a Drum rear brake?

I hardly see the Z250 out in the wile, maybe half a dozen since it launched, and I ride 1-2000Km/month.

Great news, Yamaha Thailand is thinking about introducing a Chinese developed and made motorcycle on the Thai market.

I'm sure that Chongqing Jianshe "Yamaha" Motorcycle Co., Ltd. is delighted by the news... Not sure what the news will do for the "Made in China" haters on this forum

ssssssssssst...... don't wake up the trolls . They haven't discovered this thread yet. I think they have a filter that automaticly detects anything chinese and will be here soon.

ssssssssssst...... don't wake up the trolls . They haven't discovered this thread yet. I think they have a filter that automaticly detects anything chinese and will be here soon.

it is written Yamaha on it so no problems pokerkid!biggrin.png

I was riding a ybr125 before as a commuter back home for a short time and it was a good reliable bike but that is all, no excitement.

ybr250 looks like a good option in Thailand and if they sell it like 90 k, they can score some sales for sure. But if they pass 100 k, they will go into cbr250/300 territory which will be very hard to sell these for them.

But it is low tech with an air cooled sohc engine with two valves only and rear drum bike and a cradle frame kills me at this age!

it looks nearly same as my ybr125 except, the only improvement over long years between these bikes is ybr250 has a mono shock which tidies the bike a bit and it looks better.

Edited by ll2

I personally like it and prefer it to the CBR, it looks better and better (upright) riding position for Thailand, I like low tech too, but fear it another bike built for shortarses.

High pedals too mean my knees are in my armpits, so again another Jap bike not for me. I understand why people like HD's, pity there isn't anything Jap for the fat or tall(ish).

it is written Yamaha on it so no problems pokerkid!biggrin.png

Apart from frames made of rubber. Even the new 600 has godawful handling for a bike of that class.

Yamaha's version of the Inazuma.

Butt ugly, looks like something from the early 90's. I'm no CBR250 fan but if I wanted a cheap 250 I'd be buying one of those before I considered this monstrosity. Maybe fans of the Tiger Boxer will be interested?